Diorama or Lady Dior ?

srhearts

Feb 10, 2017
Hello everybody !

Last month I bought a YSL bag. The college bag in the smallest size and it is gorgeous : black and gold details !

I'm looking for a new bag and I'm so hesitating between :
- the Dioroma
- The Lady Dior
- or the Peekaboo from Fendi

Thank you for your advices :smile:

These are three completely different styles, so it's hard to recommend one without knowing more about your personal style and bag style preference. All of these are fabulous choices! I love classic, handheld styles and I own the LD in Medium and adore it. I highly recommended it and it'd be my choice. It's a true classic and leans dressy, but dresses down very well too. Diorama is lovely, but it didn't work for me. Peekaboo is a beautiful classic, but not as dressy as LD.

Hello everybody !

Last month I bought a YSL bag. The college bag in the smallest size and it is gorgeous : black and gold details !

I'm looking for a new bag and I'm so hesitating between :
- the Dioroma
- The Lady Dior
- or the Peekaboo from Fendi

Thank you for your advices :smile:
I recommend the new grained calfskin Lady Dior in medium. It is a breeze to use and has a slightly relaxed structure like your SL College bag.

I have included pictures of @anmldr1 's grained calfskin Lady Dior to show what I mean:
img_1492474593-925850-jpg.3671486

img_1492474611-325366-jpg.3671487

It's down to your personal preference really. I think the Diorama is more youthful and abit casual. The lady dior is a classic piece, in grained calfskin it can be casual as well.
Me personally, i'd go for the lady. I'm a lady dior girl, always have and always will so i'm biased :lol:

Diorama rocks!!! I can't emphasize enough how I adore my Diorama. It functions so well in every occasion, from elegant dinners to brunches and Coachella. :heart:
Mine is a small black calf skin. :smile: I'm planning to get a pink in small too.
I have two Lady Dior Medium in beige with pink stiches and gray though I don't reach to them as often.

how are you finding the wear and tear on your diorama? are you having to baby it? I'm thinking of getting it in the light/darker blush

Mine is in very good condition. It's lambskin and it's suprisingly holding up well. I don't often baby my bags but I pay attention and don't let people/object to crash my bag.
For a lighter color like blush, the calf skin is a good option bc it's easy to clean :smile:

Mine is in very good condition. It's lambskin and it's suprisingly holding up well. I don't often baby my bags but I pay attention and don't let people/object to crash my bag.
For a lighter color like blush, the calf skin is a good option bc it's easy to clean :smile:

Thanks for the feedback! Appreciate it :smile:

Last edited:
sorry to resurface an old thread but just wondering if anyone would like to chip in on the diorama vs lady dior?

I’m just starting out my collection and currently own one black balenciaga city and one Chanel classic flap in black caviar. Am looking to add another bag to my collection when I turn 28 in June and am going back and forth between the diorama and the lady dior. (Doesn’t help that I am also interested in the Chanel coco handle and the small Gabrielle hobo too).

My style is sort of between casual and dressy... If that makes any sense hahah.
Any thoughts would be very appreciated!!

sorry to resurface an old thread but just wondering if anyone would like to chip in on the diorama vs lady dior?

I’m just starting out my collection and currently own one black balenciaga city and one Chanel classic flap in black caviar. Am looking to add another bag to my collection when I turn 28 in June and am going back and forth between the diorama and the lady dior. (Doesn’t help that I am also interested in the Chanel coco handle and the small Gabrielle hobo too).

My style is sort of between casual and dressy... If that makes any sense hahah.
Any thoughts would be very appreciated!!

Do you have any particular color in mind? My first instinct is the Lady Dior first.

Reactions: tinkerella
I had this dilemma a few years back and I chose a Medium Lady Dior in Black lambskin with gold hardware. No regrets! This bag is a howstopper and works with so many different looks. It’s the quintessential “ lady bag” . I love it. The Diorama didn’t suit me at all. The Medium was too big on me and the small held next to nothing. While I do like the look of the bag on others, particular the small, it wouldn’t be practical for me. The LD is a sure bet for now and it’s a true Classic, so no worry about it’s staying around. Based on what you described, I think we have a similar style. I also have a Classic Chanel in M/ L and have been contemplating a Coco handle. My approach to bag buying is to buy what I love and what suits my style. Get the one you know you’ll carry and love!

Reactions: tinkerella
Do you have any particular color in mind? My first instinct is the Lady Dior first.

I’ve been looking at pictures on Instagram and feel that Dior makes such beautiful pastel colours. Ive seen a lady carry a light grey and it’s just the most gorgeous thing ever. But I am so afraid of colour transfer especially since the leather is lambskin. Am also worried about the handles getting dirty..

I had this dilemma a few years back and I chose a Medium Lady Dior in Black lambskin with gold hardware. No regrets! This bag is a showstopper and works with so many different looks. It’s the quintessential “ lady bag” . I love it.... My approach to bag buying is to buy what I love and what suits my style. Get the one you know you’ll carry and love!

Thank you for sharing your experience! Do you find the Lady Dior and the Chanel flap to be similar in the sense that they work for the same type of outfits? As I am just starting my collection I was hoping to get some variety and not “cannibalize” on my classic flap if you get what I mean.. this is one reason that makes me think perhaps the Diorama might be a better option. But I do like the Lady Dior too.. gosh! Hahah