clemence in mono empreinte

mangojuice

Jan 15, 2019
hey all. ive been looking at the clemence wallet in black empreinte leather but after a search on its YT reviews, saw that the empreinte leather has issues with "melting". has anyone experienced this?

ive been thinking about gifting this wallet to my bestfriend and would like to save us both the headache and sadness of quality issues.

thanks in advance!

I have the clemence in noir empreinte. I bought it back in September 2018. It's only been 5 months, but i haven't had any melting or glazing issues with it. My clemence is my daily wallet too.

I had glazing issues, not melting but dents in the glazing and sticky areas. older model but after i heard about the melting i just put it in my closet and it was always in the back of my mind afraid it would melt and ruin my bag
Is it from that time period? 2013-2015, I think. They are allowing these to be returned for store credit.

Reactions: OCMomof3
I just got a call last week from LV Customer Service. They are calling everyone who purchased Empreinte wallets between 2013 and 2015. I was encouraged to exchange both wallets, though only one was showing issues. It had some tiny areas where the glazing was chipping, and the texture had changed. I chose the Empreinte Clemence wallet for one exchange, and am waiting for some new colors to come in before I exchange the second one for the Clemence as well.

I love Empreinte leather and LOVED my wallets! Actually not happy to exchange them, as the wallet style of both (the Curieuse) has since been discontinued. The beautiful colors I had chosen are also no longer available. Sadness!

If you are buying Empreinte items from the boutique now, the problem should be solved. :smile:

Reactions: TrixyG
I just got a call last week from LV Customer Service. They are calling everyone who purchased Empreinte wallets between 2013 and 2015. I was encouraged to exchange both wallets, though only one was showing issues. It had some tiny areas where the glazing was chipping, and the texture had changed. I chose the Empreinte Clemence wallet for one exchange, and am waiting for some new colors to come in before I exchange the second one for the Clemence as well.

I love Empreinte leather and LOVED my wallets! Actually not happy to exchange them, as the wallet style of both (the Curieuse) has since been discontinued. The beautiful colors I had chosen are also no longer available. Sadness!

If you are buying Empreinte items from the boutique now, the problem should be solved. :smile:
thanks for the info! super comforting. id hate to gift someone something expensive just for it to have quality issues.