Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
My sweet bf just had a short work trip to Paris and agreed to drop by FSH to see my SA for me. It was a low stock day, the store was pretty empty especially on the first floor. I wanted a small bag in a gris shade or other dark neutral colours (first choice Kelly 25 as my last bags there have been B25s and if not, I’d be interested in C18).

She said no small K available in the classic colours I would like but did ask if I would want to see any other colours. As I’m specific about not wanting bright colours this time, I said no. She first brought out a beautiful C24 in Beton with rose gold hardware. It was amazing as I adore rose gold! Too bad I’m sure the size was too big for her so declined it.

She then disappeared and came back with the perfect new addition to my collection. Once again, my SA has worked her magic for me - can’t be happier!

So gorgeous!

Wow, thank you for posting your journey to your lovely K28! :loveeyes:The fact that you were able to get appointments, AND the apricot K28 was still there for you to bring home shows H God was smiling on you! :pray: Super congrats on your brand new beautiful K! :hbeat:
Thank you. :drinks: My friend also said if the abricot K28 is still available in the morning, then it’s meant for me. I was also attracted to the evercolor ....the leather takes colour as well as swift but has some grainy texture like togo so it’s scratch resistant!

I think the apricot is a good choice. I like both the size and the colour. Congrats

Echoing the cheers for the apricot choice and the bag size does look much better on you. It's a lovely pop of colour...enjoy your bag always!

Oh dear! Sorry for my mistake! Enjoy your new lovely! :flowers:

Oh My goodness, such an experience. You were so lucky that the K28 was still there. Like you, I am not a big fan of purple undertone either. I would so take the Apricot too, even if just for the size. I am about your height and my sis let me borrow her K32 for a few months and I found it too big for my frame too. Congrats on your new bag. She is absolutely gorgeous.

Good choice! I can see why you were not happy. I like both sizes but I always opt for 28. Definitely you were very lucky to get that exchange!
Thank you all for your well wishes. It’s comforting to know that you also agree with my choices although I know size and colour are very individual preferences.

Now that I’ve got some sleep, I would like to share some “findings” from this second experience at FSH:

1. FSH seems more crowded in the morning than after lunch over the three days I visited.
2. The chance of scoring a bag doesn’t seem to relate to the non-bag items you’ve bought for the day. The first SA who offered me the Bleu K32 wasn’t aware that I already placed my non-bag purchases at the counter prior to her offering me the K.
3. Even if it’s a return visit, you still need to get an appointment. I suppose this maybe different for the VIPs but I’m not one :blush:
4. There’s no need to look for your previous SA. I did ask for the SA who offered me a B but she was on vacation leave. I was told that it’s better to be served by the next available SA than to wait for your SA, especially when the store is busy. On the last day when I returned, I did ask for the SA who offered me the Abricot K the evening before but she was attending to a customer. Had I waited for her, I might have lost the bag to another customer.

Hope my sharing helps and all the best to you for your next H hunt!

PS: The Bleu Encre is quite a chameleon and I’ve attached another shot captured in the hotel room... it looked noir :rolleyes:. Perhaps next time!

Attachments

• 2EB16595-7D56-4E13-9A63-BDFDC66938E3.jpeg
    2EB16595-7D56-4E13-9A63-BDFDC66938E3.jpeg
    112.2 KB · Views: 2,704
Hello ladies,

I feel like I have benefited greatly from this thread, and would like to add my story from my recent Paris trip (ok not so recent as it was already 2 weeks ago). This is a going to be a long one... :biggrin:

I was there from the 14th of January (Monday) to 18th of January (Friday) with my husband for our anniversary trip and would hope to score something from the FSH store after reading all these stories. Before landing on Paris on Monday, we made an appointment on Saturday for Monday and both of us got rejected (not surprised). We had used both passport and 2 phone numbers. On Monday, we tried again, and to our surprise DH got it for an appointment for Tuesday Morning at 1030am. We were both so excited at how easy we got it after reading all these stories about how difficult it was to get an appointment.

So we got there at 1020am and there was already 5-10 people waiting in line, mostly asians. When the door opened at 1030am, all of us was ushered to the second floor to get ourselves checked in. I was immediately met with a male French SA. He was polite but didn't seem too friendly. So he got straight to the point and asked, how can I help you? I was pretty nervous as I felt like I had rehearsed this moment in my head a long time haha I told him that I was in Paris because its our anniversary and would like to experience the whole FSH experience by scoring something on my wish list, and then he listed down the items that I wanted. I said I wanted B/K in size 25, otherwise k28 or b30 in blue or neutral colours and I told him what are the colors that I already have, and off he went. He was back pretty shortly, probably like 5 mins or so and right there and then I knew it wasn't anything that I wanted. He came back with two boxes, one of which is a mini roulis in Rose Pourpre. He said, I am sorry I didn't have any B or K as there was no new stocks that came in yesterday. I could tell he wasn't going to give it to me as he wasn't "feeling" it but he brought other bags instead, he also mentioned that theres a croc c24 available when I asked if theres any C in stock. I was very tempted to get the mini roulis but it wasn't the color that I wanted so I said no and left. DH went down to see some shoes and while he was trying on shoes, I saw a Korean lady being offered a b30 in etoupe GHW as she got a really nice French SA lady. I was pretty envious and then I realised that this whole H game is just PURE LUCK. (Most of the 1030 am batch didn't get any B/K/C other than the Korean lady as I was in the store for about an hour)

ok moving on, after the not so fruitful trip, we made an appointment again for Wednesday using both DH and my passport. At this point, I didn't want to have my hopes too high as DH told me we would get a watch instead if we didn't win this H game. I was happy with a watch too. But to our surprise, we got an appointment for the next day again!!!!! This time was under my name. I was doing my happy dance then! hahaha I got the appointment for Wednesday at 1130pm. We had a quick breakfast and headed to the FSH store at 1120. We got ourselves checked in at the counter after the stairs and the lady told me I would be getting a text message when the SA is ready and that the SA would be meeting me there. I got a text about 1140 and came back to the meeting point after wandering around the store. At this point, I was really nervous. I prayed for a good and kind hearted SA. Shortly after, my SA arrived. He was a really young French gentleman. He took me to a section next to the men shoes, and he asked me how can I help you. I then went on to explain that I had gotten an appointment for the day before under DH's name and we weren't so lucky and did not get any B/K. He then asked for my preference and colors, and he listed them down. I wasn't so nervous this time and this guy seemed much friendlier than the previous SA. He asked if I would want yellow or red as I said I like blue and neutrals. From the tone of it, they might have yellow/red b/k available. Anyway he said he would be back, and then off he went. I didn't wait for too long maybe 5 minutes or so (Thank God), and he came back with a few H boxes stacked together. And he said, "I don't have your first choice, but I have your second choice!" at this time I was so excited I couldn't believe what I heard. I had put my first choice as k25 and second choice as b25. He said come with me, and he ushered us to a changing room on the second floor and closed the door. Gosh I loved that feeling. He then told me the color, it was b25 togo in blue zellinge in PHW. He said it would also look good in GHW and wanted to get me one but there wasn't one available then. You could tell he was so nice and that he really tried his best to fulfil and want to make your dream come true. He then pulled out the cute b25 from the box and I was thanking him profusely. IT WAS THE CUTEST THING EVER. He then showed me an insert for the bag and I politely declined it as I already have it. He then showed me two mini rodeos to pair it up with the bag. It was the yellow rodeo and the all black rodeo. He said the rodeos are rare and a lot of people are looking for them. I couldn't believe that he actually offered me those two. Long story short, we picked some twillys for the bag, a wallet and a pair of shoes. He was really patient and nice! It was a very pleasurable shopping experience with the right SA, and a good SA makes a whole world of a difference!

A few key takeaways from this shopping trip:
1) I am assuming based on what I read that there are about 500-800 people a day who try to sign up for an appointment and they only have approximately 70-80 slots a day. Out of that number, only 10%-20% of the people who actually got an appointment will be given a B/K/C as the demands will always be higher than the supply. So, don't be too disappointed if you aren't successful!

2) It is entirely up to the SA that you meet on that day whether he/she chooses to give you the bag of your dream.

3) You can dress like a million buck and not be given a B/K, so what and how you dress don't really matter. But of course, dress decently.

4) Be genuine about your request as my SA told me he usually have a gut feeling of who might be a reseller.

Ok thats all, sorry for the super long post!

Here is the picture of my new b25 :smile:
This is beautiful, congrats.

Been so crazy busy! Miss this forum and all the wonderful posts! After a very dry spell in Paris, DH and I dropped into FSH, hoping for an appointment to at least get an Evelyne, along with some scarves, SLGs, etc. Well, our favorite scarf SA found someone to show us bags! I was carrying my Noir GHW B35 (my first B) we had purchasd there last year and explained it was a tad heavy and would like something smaller, like K25, K28 or B30. After she left, I realized I forgot to add a C18 to my wishlist! Thankfully, she passed by again and I was able to tell her. Having been down this road many times before, we knew better than to get our hopes up, but we knew it was a good sign when she was taking a while and even a better sign when she brought us back to a private room! However the boxes she had were small and she apologized that there were no Bs or Ks’s left for that day, but she did have a Noir Evelyne with PHW and I expressed I was very happy with that and the whole experience was still very enjoyable. THEN, she pulled out another box and said although no Bs or Ks, she did have a Constance and presented this beautiful box calf bleu de prusse C18!!!
O. M. G. She got me, good! We were both so shocked! This was, by far, one of the better shopping experiences we had ever had at FSH.. everyone was so nice from all the different departments and we got this cute Calvi in Sikkim and 140cm scarf to match, plus some other small goodies to bring home. My trio is now complete❤️View attachment 4329185View attachment 4329201
Stunning, congrats.

Reactions: MsAli
Thank you all for your well wishes. It’s comforting to know that you also agree with my choices although I know size and colour are very individual preferences.

Now that I’ve got some sleep, I would like to share some “findings” from this second experience at FSH:

1. FSH seems more crowded in the morning than after lunch over the three days I visited.
2. The chance of scoring a bag doesn’t seem to relate to the non-bag items you’ve bought for the day. The first SA who offered me the Bleu K32 wasn’t aware that I already placed my non-bag purchases at the counter prior to her offering me the K.
3. Even if it’s a return visit, you still need to get an appointment. I suppose this maybe different for the VIPs but I’m not one :blush:
4. There’s no need to look for your previous SA. I did ask for the SA who offered me a B but she was on vacation leave. I was told that it’s better to be served by the next available SA than to wait for your SA, especially when the store is busy. On the last day when I returned, I did ask for the SA who offered me the Abricot K the evening before but she was attending to a customer. Had I waited for her, I might have lost the bag to another customer.

Hope my sharing helps and all the best to you for your next H hunt!

PS: The Bleu Encre is quite a chameleon and I’ve attached another shot captured in the hotel room... it looked noir :rolleyes:. Perhaps next time!

congratulations !!either one is gorgeous!!! and also love that hotel ...:loveeyes:

Reactions: Hillychristie
Sorry - one more question. What is your experience with the stock at FSH in the morning at opening say 10:30? I'm looking for a kelly pochette, not a b/k/c. Is a pochette hard to come by? I'm not picky on colors or hardware at all. The SA at Georges V said the Saturday protests have limited their stock (not sure why).

Sorry - one more question. What is your experience with the stock at FSH in the morning at opening say 10:30? I'm looking for a kelly pochette, not a b/k/c. Is a pochette hard to come by? I'm not picky on colors or hardware at all. The SA at Georges V said the Saturday protests have limited their stock (not sure why).

Honestly I think it doesn't matter what time is your appointment, in my opinion and experience it just by luck... depends on the delivery that day ,the right SA ...

3 stores in Paris say same thing low stock on Saturday, but I saw personally people got offered B/K/C.

Pray and Hoping luck will be on your side tomorrow... I'm excited for you.

Reactions: cherylc and HloveH
Honestly I think it doesn't matter what time is your appointment, in my opinion and experience it just by luck... depends on the delivery that day ,the right SA ...

3 stores in Paris say same thing low stock on Saturday, but I saw personally people got offered B/K/C.

Pray and Hoping luck will be on your side tomorrow... I'm excited for you.
Thanks so much, mcpro!

When I was in Paris in November 2018 I asked my SA for a pochette and she said they were getting harder to come by. My SA in the US has also shared that she isn’t seeing as many of these come in. On the other hand, I was at H in Dubai in December and they offered me a pochette in blue encre. Ask for it but have some back ups in mind just in case!

My friend and I were in Paris in November and we were both looking for KPs. She was offered one in rose poupre on a Saturday. I was offered one in ostrich on the following Monday. My SA did tell me that they do not receive any deliveries on Saturdays so whatever they have in stock is from the prior deliveries. So, I think it’s possible! Good luck!