Saint Laurent YSL lou camera or toy lou lou??

Interesting conversation about the toy vs the camera. I’m realizing the camera is more practical for my lifestyle. But two things on the camera I don’t like: how the quilting is tighter than on the flap loulous, and that tassle! Argh...does that tassle drive you crazy or what?

The tassle is way too long in my opinion. Is it adjustable in lenght?

Interesting conversation about the toy vs the camera. I’m realizing the camera is more practical for my lifestyle. But two things on the camera I don’t like: how the quilting is tighter than on the flap loulous, and that tassle! Argh...does that tassle drive you crazy or what?
Lol personally, i dont even notice it. I think it adds some character to an otherwise boring rectangle bag. :biggrin: But i know some women in here are put off by how the tassel is longer than the bag. Lol

Hi ladies! I just can’t decide between the saint lauren Lou camera bag w gold hardware or the toy loy lou lou with gold or silver hardware (not sure which hardware I prefer on the toy!)

I’m looking for a everyday bag I don’t need to be delicate with that I can also bring out at night for cocktails. I feel like this is more fitting for the toy lou but wondering what you guys think? Here’s a collage of me and the bags lol. Excuse the outfit- post workout shopping!

Hi hun!
So this may not make any sort of difference in your choice, but my best friend actually just bought the camera bag on Friday. (You have to love girl’s trips to Saint Laurent, we all came out broke and with handbags [emoji23][emoji1303])
Anyway, we spent all weekend wearing our bags and in the last day or two my friend has noticed that the top where the opening is is already getting softer and wider. I don’t know that ‘stretched out’ is quite the right way to describe the way it’s wearing, but that’s the best I can really describe it visually. It kind of bows up while zipped due to the soft leather. I don’t know that that would bother you at all, I just know within a weeks she was already noticing that the bag was doing that and it kind of bugs her a bit. And of course I’m sure it’ll only soften and ‘stretch out’ more over time. So far it’s not much of an aesthetic problem, more so just a small character of the bag that bugs my (very detail oriented and OCD) friend.
Aside from that, I would highly recommend that bag! She’s been able to fit things so easily into the bag, I am even considering putting the bag on my wishlist because of it’s convenience!

I’m a huge fan of the Loulou bag. I think it’s so beautiful and classy. And you are right about being a little more dressier.. but since you can change the strap I think you could have more options and transform into a day or a night bag with a different strap. Maybe a light color strap for day and a chain for night.

Hi hun!
So this may not make any sort of difference in your choice, but my best friend actually just bought the camera bag on Friday. (You have to love girl’s trips to Saint Laurent, we all came out broke and with handbags [emoji23][emoji1303])
Anyway, we spent all weekend wearing our bags and in the last day or two my friend has noticed that the top where the opening is is already getting softer and wider. I don’t know that ‘stretched out’ is quite the right way to describe the way it’s wearing, but that’s the best I can really describe it visually. It kind of bows up while zipped due to the soft leather. I don’t know that that would bother you at all, I just know within a weeks she was already noticing that the bag was doing that and it kind of bugs her a bit. And of course I’m sure it’ll only soften and ‘stretch out’ more over time. So far it’s not much of an aesthetic problem, more so just a small character of the bag that bugs my (very detail oriented and OCD) friend.
Aside from that, I would highly recommend that bag! She’s been able to fit things so easily into the bag, I am even considering putting the bag on my wishlist because of it’s convenience!
Thank you! This is so helpful ! I’m def gonna get the lou lou you.. now just gotta decide in hardware ;)

Reactions: christya
Hi ladies! I just can’t decide between the saint lauren Lou camera bag w gold hardware or the toy loy lou lou with gold or silver hardware (not sure which hardware I prefer on the toy!)

I’m looking for a everyday bag I don’t need to be delicate with that I can also bring out at night for cocktails. I feel like this is more fitting for the toy lou but wondering what you guys think? Here’s a collage of me and the bags lol. Excuse the outfit- post workout shopping!

I too am having the same great debate between the 2 bags. As everyone said, they both look great on you so I can see why you were having a hard time deciding. For reference, how tall are you? I haven't gotten the chance to try them on yet, but I'm 5'3" and am fearful the camera bag will be a little too long for my frame.

I too am having the same great debate between the 2 bags. As everyone said, they both look great on you so I can see why you were having a hard time deciding. For reference, how tall are you? I haven't gotten the chance to try them on yet, but I'm 5'3" and am fearful the camera bag will be a little too long for my frame.
I’m 5’5.. I think o feel like the lou camera is too big and the toy lou lou is too small.. hmph !

Agreed! I love the look of the toy, but I wish it had a zipper instead of the magnetic closure. I'm looking for more of a "night out" bag and I think the camera is just a bit too big. ⍨
I feel
The exact same way. Tbh I’m stuck with a saint laurent store credit bc I didn’t realize they had a no refund policy and I really need a new bag so trying to settle on one of these... first world problems I guess‍♀️ I’m starting to lean towards the velvet toy lou lou now...

Reactions: highend
what did you decide? i'm stuck between the two also!
I bought the toy lou lou in gold... twice! And returned it twice. It’s super cute but felt too dainty or something to me..? Exchanged for the lou camera and literally started wearing it before o even left the mall . Got the lou camera in shw, also loved ghw just couldn’t decide and I think ultimately I went with shw since I returned two
Gold toy lou lous ;)

I bought the toy lou lou in gold... twice! And returned it twice. It’s super cute but felt too dainty or something to me..? Exchanged for the lou camera and literally started wearing it before o even left the mall . Got the lou camera in shw, also loved ghw just couldn’t decide and I think ultimately I went with shw since I returned two
Gold toy lou lous ;)

congrats on your lou camera! i've ordered both.. waiting patiently for them to come to see which i end up liking. please post pics!

Reactions: Jadoreysl