Best way to pack suede boots/shoes?

NOIRetMoi

Dec 3, 2014
I love suede boots and shoes, but I hate traveling with them because I feel they always look worn down after traveling. It’s especially hard to pack things like over the knee boots. I try to wrap them in plastic then put them in a dust bag and put soft clothes around them, but I feel that’s not enough. Any other tips?
Thank you!

Soudns like what you're doing is fine. I'd wrap the shoes in the tissue they came in and place them in the dustbag. I'd also place soft clothes around them. I do think it's a good idea to stuff them. Do you have foam shoe shapers? I leave those in my shoes when I travel.
I travel with my CL OTK boots in my carry on. They're a calfskin leather and I don't stuff them with anything. I just put them in the dustbag they came in and fold at the point they have a bend in the knee. I make sure not to place heavy things on top of it.

Reactions: NOIRetMoi
Soudns like what you're doing is fine. I'd wrap the shoes in the tissue they came in and place them in the dustbag. I'd also place soft clothes around them. I do think it's a good idea to stuff them. Do you have foam shoe shapers? I leave those in my shoes when I travel.
I travel with my CL OTK boots in my carry on. They're a calfskin leather and I don't stuff them with anything. I just put them in the dustbag they came in and fold at the point they have a bend in the knee. I make sure not to place heavy things on top of it.
They often come wrapped in plastic or tissue. I figured because the plastic is slippery, there’s is an even better chance of not leaving a mark than tissue paper.
I guess stuffing them it’s a good idea. I keep the foam that came with the boots but I don’t travel with them because I was afraid the back pain edge in the shape of the calf would leave a mark on the suede if I left them on inside the suitcase.
Bringing them on my carry on or just putting them on a small suitcase with light things sounds like a perfect idea. And bending at the knee, too. I do the same thing with coats & jackets because that’s where we bend & if there’s a belt you won’t see the wrinkle. Thank you!