Do any LV lovers also own MCM handbags?

I have a white mini MCM backpack that I received as a gift. I do like it but I wouldn’t have purchased it on my own. I much prefer, and would rather spend money on, LV.

I like MCM and LV. Don't prefer one over the other. I have MCM backpack and duffle tote. True story... I ended up purchasing the MCM duffle tote (speedy) b/c the LV Speedy was out of stock in Las Vegas. Think this was about 8 years ago, there was an issue with production or sourced materials for LV products. My MCM is great quality and I've grown to appreciate it. A year later I got my Speedy 30. Which one I wear more? The MCM b/c the top handle straps are longer, fits over the shoulder and softer comfortable leather.

MCM is not sold in my area so I would have to purchase online. I have only seen a few being worn in my area, but it has only been the cognac color, which I do not like. If I could see them in person before purchase, I may consider the black since LV does not offer this color in canvas for women. I do like the look of their essential tote in black. I would not be buying it for the logo, though, but more for the style. I have no idea of the long-term quality, and I would not replace my LV for MCM.

Reactions: blushnbellinlvoe
Thanks for the comments so far. I find them interesting. I hope to read more of them. I did buy 2 cross body WOCS from MCM and I am thrilled with them. But, I hope I do not go crazy buying tons of MCM's as I am a devoted customer of LV. There is something about MCM's that are intriguing though. I think the quality is excellent too. I guess I will have to see over time how they hold up. The other thing about MCM is that they offer many handbags with silver hardware which I like very much. Again, I am an "LV" person.

Reactions: Nikki_6
That’s a hard NO! The style itself is not my cup of tea. It’s PVC, not coated canvas. And it’s made in China and they still have the audacity to charge those prices. Nothing special, nothing original, and certianly not remarkable.
If I'm not mistaken LV's coated canvas is also a PVC coating.

As for OP's question, I don't personally mind MCM as a brand but I'm not actually a huge fan of coated canvas or monogram prints (LV being some bizarre exception that borders on an addiction), so I just don't like it enough to spend money on it. I do like how bright an colourful their catalogue is!

Since you asked I'll give my opinion. I've never found the MCM print appealing at all. It's all personal preference though and if you want to dive into MCM, go for it!

Reactions: p3b