Vache Hunter

Oh no (Ma’am)! I’m so sorry your blisters aren’t so discreet
82b1689fd7795e316be158c006cdd511.jpg

230 years ago, you would have been sent directly to the Bastille for so much impertinence !!

So I've just given my Evelyne Sellier it's first proper clean and condition on it's 1 year anniversary and I have to say that it feels like he leather's really taken to it well. Smaller marks and dings are starting to blend nicely into the patina and have polished out a little, although of course larger/deeper scuffs and my slight water damage haven't magically gone away.

From my limited experience with Box, I'd say this is starting to behave in a similar way with age, although naturally a firmer version of.

What have the rest of you been finding with age?

So I've just given my Evelyne Sellier it's first proper clean and condition on it's 1 year anniversary and I have to say that it feels like he leather's really taken to it well. Smaller marks and dings are starting to blend nicely into the patina and have polished out a little, although of course larger/deeper scuffs and my slight water damage haven't magically gone away.

From my limited experience with Box, I'd say this is starting to behave in a similar way with age, although naturally a firmer version of.

What have the rest of you been finding with age?
FreddieMac, did you send your Evie Sellier to spa o did you do the cleaning and condition yourself (in that case, which product did you use)? By the way, I've seen docride recommends Meltonian All Purpose Cleaner & Conditioner for Vache Hunter.

FreddieMac, did you send your Evie Sellier to spa o did you do the cleaning and condition yourself (in that case, which product did you use)? By the way, I've seen docride recommends Meltonian All Purpose Cleaner & Conditioner for Vache Hunter.

Hi Crisbac, total DIY job this time, certainly no need to send the bag in for spa'ing at this early age! I went in fairly easy with Lexol PH wipes and a gentle buff. Sadly I can't seem to track Meltonian products down over here, so will try a little Saphir Creme Universelle down the road as the bag gets more significant use and wear.

Reactions: crisbac
Hi Crisbac, total DIY job this time, certainly no need to send the bag in for spa'ing at this early age! I went in fairly easy with Lexol PH wipes and a gentle buff. Sadly I can't seem to track Meltonian products down over here, so will try a little Saphir Creme Universelle down the road as the bag gets more significant use and wear.
Thanks for sharing, FreddieMac! :smile: Congratulations on your DIY job! It's great to know what you used and how it went! I had to ask a friend to get Meltonian for me in the US next time she travels because there's no Meltonian in Argentina either. :doh: If you use Saphir in the future, I'll be attentive to the results. Thanks again!! :tup:

Last edited:
Reactions: FreddieMac
I wanted to do an update on my Evelyne in natural Hunter Leather. She has been caught in rain several times with absolutely no damage whatsoever! She got a small pencil mark on the front which came out with a clean damp cloth and mild soap. BUT yesterday I dropped a few drips of Purcell hand sanitizer on the front of my precious bag and although I wiped it off immediately and rubbed it gently with an alcohol free wipe it took the colour right out of the leather. It’s not noticeable unless you get up close but the first damage to a new bag is always upsetting. Just a heads up to keep this stuff away from your leather, and maybe your hands too.:mad:

I'm just back from two weeks in Italy where my PM Noir Evy was my constant companion... And I must say, Hunter really is an all-round fabulous weather, so long as the weather is dry!

It accompanied me through the filthy streets of Rome and Naples, across the seas and into Capri's Blue Grotto, around archeological sights and even to the dusty summit of Mt Vesuvius.

And took it all in it's stride, looking gorgeous and totally unaffected by it all. A leather I would happily buy again and again if I was looking for a bag with a little structure.

And oh how I could easily have a couple of these Evy's in Rouge H and Fauve too!!!

I'm just back from two weeks in Italy where my PM Noir Evy was my constant companion... And I must say, Hunter really is an all-round fabulous weather, so long as the weather is dry!

It accompanied me through the filthy streets of Rome and Naples, across the seas and into Capri's Blue Grotto, around archeological sights and even to the dusty summit of Mt Vesuvius.

And took it all in it's stride, looking gorgeous and totally unaffected by it all. A leather I would happily buy again and again if I was looking for a bag with a little structure.

And oh how I could easily have a couple of these Evy's in Rouge H and Fauve too!!!
Sounds like a wonderful holiday. I’m sure your evy looked fabulous.:smile:

Reactions: FreddieMac
Does anyone know if the birkin sellier in vache hunter comes in any other size other than 40? Hunter is one of my favourite leathers and I would so love (to dream of) one in 30 or 35. I haven't seen one anywhere.

Does anyone know if the birkin sellier in vache hunter comes in any other size other than 40? Hunter is one of my favourite leathers and I would so love (to dream of) one in 30 or 35. I haven't seen one anywhere.
As far as I know it only comes in a 40. Hunter is a wonderful leather. I have gotten mine wet a few times and it was no problem. I find it more durable than Barenia.

As far as I know it only comes in a 40. Hunter is a wonderful leather. I have gotten mine wet a few times and it was no problem. I find it more durable than Barenia.
Thank you! One can only hope other sizes are released, or other similarly structured bags in this leather. Especially in more suitable sizes for the ladies! Would've loved to have the cabacity a few years back but the size gave me pause, that is most definitely a bag for my SO and not me.

Thank you! One can only hope other sizes are released, or other similarly structured bags in this leather. Especially in more suitable sizes for the ladies! Would've loved to have the cabacity a few years back but the size gave me pause, that is most definitely a bag for my SO and not me.
Agree the Cabacity was gorgeous but definitely had a ‘guy’ vibe. I would love the hunter leather in more styles for sure.

A vache hunter mystery - I found this bag on Christie's but it looks like it doesn't have a name. I have never seen this design before, wish I knew about it earlier since it was made a few years earlier and the auction was just last year! does anyone know what it is called?

Interesting! I’ve noticed Petit H seems to use Hunter a lot in their more structured bag creations, including the little box bag.
Perhaps this was also a Petit H piece?