Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2019 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! Hope your super emotional day is behind you and that your weekend is peaceful, like the panda.
Thanks much... The stress and stuff will be here for a while, but I’m taking it all in stride and pacing myself... And a lovely scarf here and there is a perfect antidote to any negativity...

Off topic today (and y’all have seen my PdS a jillion times already [emoji38]), with Soleil mousseline
View attachment 4336068
Love this! So effortless and chic!

Today’s sotd is an automatic grail, meaning I HAD to have it the instant I saw it. I just KNEW that it was destined to be mine - you know that feeling??? It was love, nay, LUST at first sight - a changeant with a strong shift and in a design that satisfies my music-loving heart. I had some drama waiting to receive it (noted in the grail thread) but it did safely arrive into my hot little hands today, whew! Here’s Quintessence in a moussie!
View attachment 4336354
View attachment 4336355
View attachment 4336360
View attachment 4336356View attachment 4336358
This is amazing! What a beautiful, decadent fluff of silk! Congrats!

10 Feb 2019 -LOVE IS IN THE AIR- Red and/or Romantic scarves!

Red is a very special color.

Red cars are more likely to get pulled over. Waitresses wearing red are more likely to get bigger tips. Sports team wearing red uniforms are more likely to win. It is associated with energy, aggression, blood, but also with passion, love and romance (together with pink, which many scientists to be a shade of red) -- and the latter is why it is this week's theme, as Valentine's Day is coming up. It also happens to be a favorite color of yours truly.

Fortunately for us red lovers, Hermes has made many red scarves over the years. There is even a shade of red associated with Hermes -- Rouge H, although silk colors are nowhere as standardized as leather colors.

This week, I invite you all to share your scarves featuring shades of red and pink. Whether it is claret, magenta, burgundy, fuchsia, cerise, carmine, vermillion, ruby, garnet, cardinal, maroon, coral, crimson, cadmium, cherry, berry, carnelian, blush, cochineal, venetian red, oxblood or any other shade -- all are welcome.

This is also a great week to share your romantic scarves that make you think of Valentine's Day. I don't have that many romantic scarves myself, so I would love to see what others will share.

I wish you all a great week, and am looking forward to seeing everyone's treasures.

Below I am sharing a small selection of my red / pink scarves -- these are just the ones waiting to be handwashed the other day (as a side note, many of us know that it is the color that is most likely to bleed in vintage scarves, but thankfully, Hermes has improved their dyes' colorfastness in recent decades). The Amours mosseline in it is serving double duty of being red and romantic! I am on a business trip this week, but brought plenty of red scarves to continue sharing throughout the week.
What a wonderful intro from the Red Queen! And the scarf circle is TDF! Safe travels, @AnnaE !

Following Anna's great intro with Fantaisie Pittoresque

View attachment 4336605

View attachment 4336609
A-ma-zing! Like red toile or Royal Crown Derby! Folks, I have a new Grail!

Herbier de Gavarnie

View attachment 4336661

Flânerie à Versailles

View attachment 4336667

NAPOLÉON

View attachment 4336666

La Danse pochette

View attachment 4336662

Pierres d'Orient et d'Occident

View attachment 4336664

View attachment 4336665

MARWARI

View attachment 4336663

Traineaux et Glissades

View attachment 4336684

TURANDOT

View attachment 4336680

CLIQUETIS dipdye

View attachment 4336678

and my red ELenK

View attachment 4336685

and scarfies: I will be away next week!
Every single one a treasure... Yoir collection never ceases to amaze! I’m lucky to be twins with you on a few... My favs being Regina, Cle des Champs, the Flanerie à Versailles with that lilac top (lilac and red!!!), one of the most striking CWs of Pierres d’O and O ever, Turandot and the ELeK!!! Sigh...

Went to my sis-in-law's place for a new year gathering today. I made her a pair of lanterns in hot pink and orangey-red. My red Tyger didn't last long - I wilted in the heat :rolleyes:
View attachment 4336731
What amazing lanterns you made! You are an artist... Love it!!

Missed answering you, fifi. Ecume was designed by Antoine de Jacquelot.
According to post 5646 in the grail thread, it was issued in 1998 as a moussie and a CSGM.
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/your-grail-scarf.121359/page-377#post-31067915
The photos in this post show a seafoam blue cw. Lanit's cw looks more green. Mine has a very deep midnight blue base colour. All three are moussies.
One tpfer Chestnutty has shown the CGSM which appears to be the same cw as my moussie.
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/chestnuttys-silky-treasure-hunting.847667/#post-25858060
@yodaling1, fyi as you were interested in wishlisting Ecume.
I am in love... I thought that my Grail wishlist was pretty much done and here I am again! Thank you so much for the info... It is amazing!!

Time for reds and pinks...
Arabesques
View attachment 4336954

Fleurs de Lotus
View attachment 4336957

Au ciel de la mer (or is it de la mer Au ciel? I always get confused)
View attachment 4336958

Lots o’ pink in Under the waves
View attachment 4336960

A sweet red hem in Faune Lettree
View attachment 4336962

Les Confessions
View attachment 4336963

Hot pink splash in Cheval Surprise
View attachment 4336965

Pinks and reds in Galop Chromatique
View attachment 4336971

H2O (I was never able to recreate this knot in quite the same way!)
View attachment 4336972

Guepards moussie (This is also a changeant but it’s very subtle.)
View attachment 4336976
Gorgeous parade... especially the Arabeaques and the H2O... I just figure out how you tied this knot, although I’m sure that the virtuosity has a lot to do with the design, right? It is stunning!

A few red and pinks for this week:

Pinks, coral and burgundy with Millefleurs du Mexique:
View attachment 4337290

Not a whole lot of red here, but the little hearts on the flags on top of 24 Fbg are very cute and romantic....
View attachment 4337291

Cute little Zebres in red: :heart: with a little "kissing" zebra couple on front. :smile:
View attachment 4337292
All so pretty! The Millefleurs moussie is spectacular!

Although I like red, I don’t tend wear true reds. Somehow pinks, and burgundies feel easier to wear to me.
Myths et Metamorphoses with burgundy and pinkView attachment 4337336
Mors et gourmettes remix
View attachment 4337326
Modernism tropical. It even has heart shaped foliage
View attachment 4337328 View attachment 4337329
Iris mousseline 140
View attachment 4337330
Savana dance mousseline
View attachment 4337331
Rose compass mousseline stole.
View attachment 4337332
Point d’ rogue mousseline 140
View attachment 4337333
So beautiful, especially those fantabulous mousselines!

Everyone is looking great and I am loving this week's theme.

Jungle love from silk tunic
View attachment 4337348

Flaming Party Pareo
View attachment 4337349

Zebra Pegasus Mousseline
View attachment 4337350

Jeu de Cartes twilly with the Queen of Hearts
View attachment 4337351

Brides de Gala Love twillys
View attachment 4337352
View attachment 4337366

Dans Un Jardin Anglais 45 pocket square
View attachment 4337367

Pique Fleuri de Provence CSGM
View attachment 4337373

La Femme Aux Semelles De Vent CSGMs in Fuchsia and Vieux Rose
View attachment 4337422
Gorgeousness!! And happy to be twins with you on the Pique Fleuri and and FuSdV

My actual SOTD (off theme - Etude pour une Parure de Gala)View attachment 4337402 and a scarf that is closer to the theme (Fouets et Badines)View attachment 4337406
Both are incredible designs that I’m so glad I didn’t pass on. Twins with you on the White BdG which is one of my most elegant silks... looks amazing on you... And that border on FeB is a knockout! Great with that knot!

Some reds from me -- I don't wear red much, but when I do I prefer red-orange.
Danse de Cheval Mawari CSGM (very red-orange)
View attachment 4337553
Diane in burgundy by Hallo from the 1970s
View attachment 4337557
Gastronomie -- my first H scarf from Paris!
View attachment 4337558
View attachment 4337559
"You Do You": La Femme Au Carre
View attachment 4337561
Legende Kuna Peuple de Panama
View attachment 4337562
Les Fetes du Roy Soleil jacquard fireworks
View attachment 4337563
All so striking! Fêtes du Roy Soleil is so amazing in red!

What a gorgeous collex of reds! You wear them so well! I especially love L’Ivresse!

A few of my very reds:

CaC, Zenobie, very appropriate for this week Act III in red/pnk, Iris and ABdlM.
The Xenobienis spectacular and Acte III with those red clouds is made for you!

Spectacular!!

For new designers and red scarves, a pic from another TPF thread last week, here is
Nigel Peake’s H Force Centrifuge.
This is soooo beautiful!

Love that first scarf! Great color!

Thank you! That’s Pegase!

Not on theme with my tiny H collection which will grow this week when scarf mail arrives but loving the H scarves I do have. Today I wore one of my favorite tying styles, tucked inside a cowl neck sweater. I love the pop of color and it feels wonderful. View attachment 4338471 View attachment 4338473

This is lovely! I keep meaning to try this...

What a gorgeous collex of reds! You wear them so well! I especially love L’Ivresse!

Thank you dear Fifi!

Am I dreaming or did the original Amoureux issue have a gav version? :confused1:
It did; here’s mine! I stalked this cw after seeing it around the neck of a fabulous TPFer (Pirula, was it you?) and was so excited to get it!144DABB3-EB4A-4DDF-9AE9-A291241D3D7E.jpeg
It’s an archived photo from last year, right after I got my re-done engagement ring back from the jeweler, but that’s on the romance theme, too, right?!?

Gorgeous parade... especially the Arabeaques and the H2O... I just figure out how you tied this knot, although I’m sure that the virtuosity has a lot to do with the design, right? It is stunning!

All so pretty! The Millefleurs moussie is spectacular!

So beautiful, especially those fantabulous mousselines!

Gorgeousness!! And happy to be twins with you on the Pique Fleuri and and FuSdV

Both are incredible designs that I’m so glad I didn’t pass on. Twins with you on the White BdG which is one of my most elegant silks... looks amazing on you... And that border on FeB is a knockout! Great with that knot!

All so striking! Fêtes du Roy Soleil is so amazing in red!

Thank you fifi! It is pretty special!

Reactions: Living.la.vida.fifi
It did; here’s mine! I stalked this cw after seeing it around the neck of a fabulous TPFer (Pirula, was it you?) and was so excited to get it!View attachment 4338671
It’s an archived photo from last year, right after I got my re-done engagement ring back from the jeweler, but that’s on the romance theme, too, right?!?
Love love, love that color way! And I really prefer this version of Amoureux over the new one. Guess this goes on my stalking list :yes:

Reactions: CoffeeSLP
Status
Not open for further replies.