225 vs 226 reissue

My 226 I got last year and I only use it 1-2 times a week. But I had used it 2 weeks consecutive during a trip. It’s still very structured and look new. No scratch at all but already performed light crease on the top.

My 227 reissue I just got recently. I also worried about them loosing structure overtime. I saw too many reissues in ugly shape on the resale market. I’m considering having an organizer for 227 since it’s bigger bag. But when I asked for advice here, nobody reply to have the organizer in theirs

I heard the flap tends to become pointy over time, is that right? I personally don't like pointy but it will be inevitable if the bag gets heavy and it's only the two straps holding all the weight.

Not sure if organizer helps but it's a good idea but 226 is a bit small to use an organizer which takes additional space.

So the bag is pretty new. It's my first day using it. But the gold in the turn lock area is already tarnished because of the lock which keeps scratching it but it's hard to avoid.

Does yours all look the same upon use for months / years?

Thanks.

b456bd13bdc88a740b1b730d55cc4790.jpg

I heard the flap tends to become pointy over time, is that right? I personally don't like pointy but it will be inevitable if the bag gets heavy and it's only the two straps holding all the weight.

Not sure if organizer helps but it's a good idea but 226 is a bit small to use an organizer which takes additional space.
So that I heard. But mine is not pointy. I don’t like pointy flap nor bottom. The light crease I’m talking about is on the front and back near the top from the opening flap.

I don’t put organizer on 226. It’s small enough and no point to have it. But 227 is much bigger and I hope it will help to hold the structure. It feels very sturdy now though

About your lock, I would try to exchange. It’s not a good sign for only a few days bag. Maybe the turnlock is very tight it scratches easily?

226 would be more of an everyday bag and for me, 225 is a bag to go out in. I am in similar situation. Already own a 226 but may want the smaller 225 for evening (it surprising holds a lot and looks better crossbody than the 226!)

So the bag is pretty new. It's my first day using it. But the gold in the turn lock area is already tarnished because of the lock which keeps scratching it but it's hard to avoid.

Does yours all look the same upon use for months / years?

Thanks.

b456bd13bdc88a740b1b730d55cc4790.jpg
I have this bag in the black chevron with gold hardware and it looks the same as yours. I purchased from NM in 2017. I actually called around to other stores because there were four left at the time and all the bags had that same mark from the turnlock.

I have this bag in the black chevron with gold hardware and it looks the same as yours. I purchased from NM in 2017. I actually called around to other stores because there were four left at the time and all the bags had that same mark from the turnlock.

Yes I ran around a few boutiques just to see if the turnlock area is the same. They are. SA said it's meant to be like this as we open and close the bag. But once closed, the "tarnished" area is not very visible.

226 would be more of an everyday bag and for me, 225 is a bag to go out in. I am in similar situation. Already own a 226 but may want the smaller 225 for evening (it surprising holds a lot and looks better crossbody than the 226!)

The size of 226 is awesome. I still want the 225 with SHW in the future maybe. It looks nice when Crossbody.

I was at a friend the other day and my 8 years old (a renowned insect photographer, lol) who was outside with her friend taking pictures of ants, lady bugs and grasshoppers, offered to take the following shots of me and my 225:

Double chain:
View attachment 4033039

Single chain:
View attachment 4033043

Cross body:
View attachment 4033046

View attachment 4033044

As or the 226: it looks OK on me when I wear it as a double chain bag, but as a single chain and cross body it looks bulky on me. I'm only 5.3 so if you're taller, it'll probably look better. I love Reissues so have all sizes (except the 228), though I rarely use my 227.
The 224 is the cutest, but the 225 is hands down my favorite size, 'cause of its versatility.

Length-wise the 225 is a little less than the M/L flap (9.5" vs 10"), but it makes up for it depth-wise. It has a bigger/wider base than the m/l flap and IMO aged calfskin "gives" more than caviar and lamb, so I can fit more in my 225 than m/l flap.

View attachment 4033047

View attachment 4033051
Which color is the top reissue bag .

Yes! 226 is perfect. Though I would want a 225 as well in the future.

Did you end up buying?

Hi! Not yet. Still thinking about it. It’s been a bit of s process. I started off wanting a 225 with RHW. But after seeing it with GHW I completely changed my mind—loved the GHW. Then I felt like the 225 was just too small on my body frame. I’m tall. Maybe because it’s not as boxy as the CF—don’t know but it just didn’t look right on me. So now I’m at the 226 with GHW! Reading everyone’s thoughts here really helps make a decision too.

A45685ED-3271-4748-99A2-764A6A62C496.jpeg
Hi all, I currently own both 225 and 226, they are exactly the same color/leather/HW color so I am thinking to let go one. The 226 is supposed for day/work use but due to shoulder problem I can’t do too much shoulder carry. The 225 is for weekend/night life use but at the age of late 40s its getting less and less evening party. Which one to keep/stay? It’s dilemma as I really love reissue but it doesn’t make sense to own 2 of them and they don’t perfectly fit into my lifestyle. I appreciate your opinion. FYI I am 5.3’ 130lb. Tks

Last edited: