Chanel in London vs Paris

If you get to london and you see exactly what you want i would advise you get it; just in case you get to paris and can't find it. Just my opinion. Good luck

Hi Kemi, how about the price by the way? Is there a hig difference from London and Paris?

Thank you!

Chet

There has been a recent price increase in the UK for the classic bags. As of march 2016, a classic flap m/l is now £3380 from £3075 and a chanel old medium boy is £2970 from £2690(someone please correct me if i'm wrong). I don't know the prices in euros or if there was also a price increase for europe. Hope this helps.

Hi everyone!

I’m thinking about buying my first Chanel bag (the classic flap in caviar leather with gold hw, medium). I’m from Finland where we don’t have Chanel boutiques so I’m thinking about traveling to UK or France this September/October to buy one.

So my question is, should I call the stores to find out whether they usually have stock on that (often most desired) bag? I know they have a 100% certainty only at the morning when they receive their new shipments, but maybe they know the usual situation.

And secondly, do they usually have better stocks of the classic bags on Paris flagship stores rather than in London?

It would be rather frustrating to take time off from work to travel to either city just to find out they don’t have my dream bag :’(

Reactions: francesmonique
Hi ladies, I am wondering if it will be cheaper to buy Chanel in Paris compare to London (without VAT refund), because I heard Chanel in both places kinda price match now, is it true?
Could you ladies give me some advice on which colour to buy for this gorgeous WOC please, I am thinking black or red, anyone has this WOC? Could you give me some advice on the leather and the colour?

WOC joey.JPG

From my experience, I think that they have "leveled" out the pricing and you need to look into both the tax refund, as well as how your currency is exchanging compared to the local currency to really see where you will get the better deal!

Reactions: Deeeee306
I have purchased from both recently and the prices are very slightly cheaper in Paris due to the low conversion rate of the euro. For example, I bought a medium flap two weeks ago in London. With the exchange rate and VAT refund, the price was approximately $130 more expensive in London than Paris. However, I saved almost $1000 rather than buying it in the states. I wouldn’t focus so much on where it is cheaper London vs Paris because either way it’s much less than the states. Find the piece you love and enjoy the experience! Hope this helps!

Reactions: Tuned83
I have purchased from both recently and the prices are very slightly cheaper in Paris due to the low conversion rate of the euro. For example, I bought a medium flap two weeks ago in London. With the exchange rate and VAT refund, the price was approximately $130 more expensive in London than Paris. However, I saved almost $1000 rather than buying it in the states. I wouldn’t focus so much on where it is cheaper London vs Paris because either way it’s much less than the states. Find the piece you love and enjoy the experience! Hope this helps!
I'm flying over to London and Paris too few weeks later. But I'm going to buy small flag with top handle. Can you advice how much %VAT if make purchase in London?
TIA

I'm flying over to London and Paris too few weeks later. But I'm going to buy small flag with top handle. Can you advice how much %VAT if make purchase in London?
TIA
It is in a tier system ranging from 12-18%. For a small flap (3810 pounds), I believe the VAT range is 10-13% back. For example, I purchased the mini coco handle for 2850 pounds with 475 pound tax refund at Selfridges (16.67%). However, when you go to the refund counter at the airport they take a small percentage. In addition, if you choose to get the refund in cash the exchange rate they give you is less than your american bank would. (I usually take cash on the spot because I would rather give up $50 than not get my refund in 6-8 weeks via credit card...which does happen and is a HUGE hassle). After doing the math (I am obsessive about this), my VAT refund ended up being 11.72%, although could have been as high as 13.5% if I had gone the credit card route.

All in all, on my coco handle I saved around $735 (I included the state tax on the $3700 price tag in my calculation). I also purchased a medium flap and after the calculations saved almost $1000 on that. Hope this helps and happy shopping!