"The Pouch"

V0N1B2

Armchair Supermodel
Authenticator
O.G.
Jul 10, 2009
Okay peeps, here goes...
This is the first in a series of threads showcasing Bottega Veneta silhouettes, both old and new. I thought I would start off with an easy one :lol:
This is a place to discuss the bag(s) pertaining to the title of the thread. A place to post information about the style, colours available each season, skins available, various treatments available seasonally, your own pictures, your experience with the bag, what fits in this bag, thoughts, feelings (good and bad) etc.

"The Pouch" is one of the first designs by the new Creative Director of Bottega Veneta - Daniel Lee.
The Pouch (all versions) is a brand new design introduced for Spring 2019. Launched officially on the website (for pre-sale) in early February 2019.
It is available in Velvet Calf Intrecciato, Butter Calf, and Crocodile (Cocco Souple)
It is lined in Nappa leather.
The BV logo/heatstamp is embossed inside.
The Pouch is an oversized clutch made with soft folds of handwoven intrecciato leather that envelope the bag’s frame and create a voluminous rounded shape.
The Pouch comes in two sizes - the regular size and a smaller one called "The Pouch 20"
All of them come with a wallet/cardholder-style accessory attached by a gold chain (with the exception of Nero which has a silver chain).
The Pouch in Velvet Calf Intrecciato is an online exclusive.

Available Colours (as of writing this) and pricing are: *prices listed in US Dollars
The Pouch Velvet Calf Intrecciato: Nero, Mist, Grass, and Lava. $2,950.00 USD
The Pouch Butter Calf: Nero, Mist, Cammello, and Mustard. $2,400.00 USD
The Pouch Crocodile: Neon $23,000.00 USD
The Pouch 20 Velvet Calf Intrecciato: Nero, Mist, Grass, Lava, and Neon. $1,400.00 USD
The Pouch 20 Butter Calf: Nero, Mist, Cammello, and Mustard. $1,200.00 USD

Dimensions:
The Pouch Velvet Calf Intrecciato: W-15.3" H-7.8" D-7.4" / W-39cm H-20cm D-19cm
The Pouch Butter Calf: W-15.3" H-7.8" D-7.4" / W-39cm H-20cm D-19cm
The Pouch Crocodile: W-15.3" H-7.8" D-7.4" / W-39cm H-20cm D-19cm
The Pouch 20 Velvet Intrecciato: W-8.6" H-5.1" D-1.9" / W-22cm H-13cm D-5cm
The Pouch 20 Butter Calf: W-15.3" H-7.8" D-7.4" / W-39cm H-20cm D-19cm

Reactions: J.T. and monkeyjuju
Some random photos - website mod shots, interior photos, details etc.

Attachments

• BV SS2019 The Pouch 20 Cammello.png
    BV SS2019 The Pouch 20 Cammello.png
    350.3 KB · Views: 2,063
  • BV SS2019 The Pouch Mustard.png
    BV SS2019 The Pouch Mustard.png
    313.9 KB · Views: 2,066
  • BV SS2019 The Pouch Interior Cammello.png
    BV SS2019 The Pouch Interior Cammello.png
    513.2 KB · Views: 2,037
  • Mustard Interior closeup.png
    Mustard Interior closeup.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,075
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 3.13.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 3.13.52 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,063
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 2.56.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 2.56.41 PM.png
    430.7 KB · Views: 2,037
Okay. Here are my thoughts on The Pouch...
I agree with @pursegirl3 that The Pouch is kind of a rip-off of The Lauren 1980 Clutch. I mean, okay they removed the snap closure but the general shape is pretty similar, IMO. Except maybe The Pouch is a bit more east-west shaped, you know? The opening is similar enough though.

I'm sorry but I think the little attached wallet thingamajig is incredibly cheap looking. I don't like anything about it at all. The shiny gold hardware, the gold rivets that attach the chain to the accessory, the zipper pull... :yucky:
I can understand maybe why the added it, but it just kinda feels a bit gimmicky to me. JMO :flowers:

I do like the colors though especially the olive green one....is that mustard?
I'm also liking the olive one, and yes it's called Mustard

All of them come with a wallet/cardholder-style accessory attached by a gold chain (with the exception of Nero which has a silver chain).
Oh, I was told yesterday that it's not coming with the cardholder here, but they'll be releasing it next week so I hope it might changed and it's just display model. The large one has D ring inside at the bottom but not for the size 20

Oh, I was told yesterday that it's not coming with the cardholder here, but they'll be releasing it next week so I hope it might changed and it's just display model. The large one has D ring inside at the bottom but not for the size 20
I really have no idea. I just posted the info from the website and although it doesn't state that The Pouch (or The Maxi Cabat for that matter) comes with the accessories pouch, I can't imagine why they would photograph them attached like they are sold together.

This is the whole purpose of these threads, to create dialogue and share information for those of us who aren't able to get to a boutique and see the bags in person, so thank you :flowers:

I like the smaller one, but I agree with Von that the pouch is cheap looking. It see it seems to be attached inside, and if that’s the case, I’d either leave it inside or remove it. The VF store said they would hold a Nero one for me (they are receiving two). Of course, I haven’t seen it irl, so.....