What types of leathers are the Chanel reissues made in?

Interesting comment regarding 227. I am on the fence to selling mine in place of 226. Great collection. I love the green Chevron reissue. Wow, stunning bag.

It's a revolving door. I only have 9 reissues now. I went back to jumbos :panic::facepalm: I sold most of my jumbos to go to reissues, now I sold half of my reissues to go back to jumbos. I am a crazy mess. HOWEVER. I think the 227 size of reissue is completely underrated. It's amazing.

Reactions: TraceySH
Ok so I pulled pics from my varying and always evolving collection of bags over the last 2 years or so, of the reissues that I've gotten. They are represented here in lamb, aged calf, "scratched" calf, metallic calf, and iridescent calf. What I've found is that the ones that are puffier have a harder time staying shut. Something about the puffy quilts makes the clasp want to turn sideways and pop open, without being overly full. For that reason, I've come back to appreciating the aged calf, b/c it's thinner, and the bag "lays" better with that closure IMO. But regardless, here are some fun pics of variations :smile: *the charcoal with gold are different/ different seasons. One was darker than the other*
Gorgeous collection!! Is the dark charcoal with ghw in 1st post a recent season (3rd from top) ? If so, do you happen to have info on season and color? I may need to track one down, it's so beautiful ;)

Gorgeous collection!! Is the dark charcoal with ghw in 1st post a recent season (3rd from top) ? If so, do you happen to have info on season and color? I may need to track one down, it's so beautiful ;)
Hi! I’m not sure on the product info, but I did see one similar in store last week. Check NM in Walnut Creek.

I THINK that one is 17A. The lower one is 18K. There is a charcoal on FP right now, I didn't check the serial but it might be that one?

Hi OCMomof3 and Traumatic,
Do you think 227 will be too overwhelming for a petite woman (5' 1")? Thanks.
I think it will depend on how you feel about large bags. I'm 5'5" and feel the 227 is just a tad too large for me (though I love how much it can hold for everyday!) and prefer the 226. Best way to tell is to try it on at a boutique. It is purely a personal preference and what fits your lifestyle and aesthetics.

What are reissues? Are they used bags just refurbished or are they discontinued styles that are being brought back? Do Chanel stores sell them or is this online only via other sellers? Thanks

What are reissues? Are they used bags just refurbished or are they discontinued styles that are being brought back? Do Chanel stores sell them or is this online only via other sellers? Thanks
It is a style of bag, released in 2005, celebrating the Chanel heritage. Has a different style of clasp ("mademoiselle") not CC lock, chain only strap and a few other design differences