CHANEL CHIT CHAT Thread!

I seen this posted on IG and can’t wrap my head on what the wearer of this bag was feeling ‍♀️[emoji1439]‍♀️

7a992cc897b39c1955d2fe15edd7c796.jpg

Reactions: mssmelanie
Hi all!! I'm new to Chanel and this site, and I would love to purchase one for myself as a reward for graduating college. But due to pricepoint, probably a preowned one? I've seen some at pretty good prices on auction sites. What do you guys feel about those? Would love to get some opinions about auction sites :smile:

Hi all!! I'm new to Chanel and this site, and I would love to purchase one for myself as a reward for graduating college. But due to pricepoint, probably a preowned one? I've seen some at pretty good prices on auction sites. What do you guys feel about those? Would love to get some opinions about auction sites :smile:

Make sure you get it authenticated and you’ll be fine. Depending on the style, there might only be a marginal price difference in getting a preloved one though

Hi all! The 17b light gold / iridescent rose gold WOC popped up on Fashionphile (https://www.fashionphile.com/chanel...quilted-wallet-on-chain-woc-light-gold-331712) last night and I impulse bought it. I was very disappointed that I missed the seasonal release of this color, but the prices of classic flaps I've seen on preloved websites have always been marked up a ton so I never pulled the trigger.

It was $2,995 + no tax, which is over the current RP but not by an exorbitant amount since I'd pay $2,500 + approx. 7% sales tax to buy a WOC today. It looks to be in excellent condition from the photos, and comes with the full set, which is a big plus for me. What does everyone think -- is it a manageable enough premium to keep the bag and not look back?

Last edited:
CBD424C8-049F-47B4-8231-ADA5D5F3FB63.jpeg
Since I live nowhere near a Chanel boutique, I got past my aprehension of purchasing preloved and took the plunge with this bag I found on Fashionphile. It’s an 2018 quilted square mini in caviar leather with light gold hardware, listed in excellent condition and came with the box, dustbag, authenticity card, original paperwork, polishing mitt, cloth ribbon, and camellia flower. As far as I can see on close inspection it looks brand new and everything is in order. Should I have it authenticated, and how would I go about doing that since I don’t live near a boutique? TIA for your help and advice!

Hi guys! This is my first post after lurking for a good 4.5 years... wasn’t sure where else to put this mini rant but at least it’s Chanel related, so here goes:

I live in Indiana where we lost our only Chanel inside Saks in Indianapolis a few years ago. About maybe a year ago (not sure when honestly, I haven’t lived in Indy for a while) I saw someone walking around the mall with a Chanel shopping bag with stuff inside and I was like woah wait what? They’re back? The person was like “ohhhhhhh they’re at Nordstrom now!” I didn’t have time to investigate so just made a mental note. The Chanel website hasn’t updated its locations in a while, since they still list my optometrist when they definitely don’t carry Chanel anymore, so I figured that applied too. A year later and I’m finally back at that mall and go to investigate since I want a new wallet... no signs of Chanel in sight at Nordstrom. Ended up at Saks chatting with the Gucci SAs (in the former Chanel location no less, RIP) who were like, no, they’ve never been back, that’s really weird actually.

I’m still a little bitter about the entire thing lol. Okay, rant over.

Rant away! I have the same gripe about my Nordstrom’s. They took away almost all premier designers. I can only buy CHANEL makeup or fragrance from them. My closet CHANEL is in a SAKS about an hour from my house. Nordstrom’s SA told me I guess it’s a way for these designers to make their line more exclusive or not saturate the market.

The SAKS is a 15-30 minute drive from my work. But I take a train to work. So I have literally taken a bus to SAKS. And then if I had purchased something, I Uber back to work because I don’t want to carry a ginormous SAKS bag on the bus. [emoji15]

Hi! I would very much like to purchase my first Chanel bag, but I’m always held back by the fact that the closest Chanel boutique is an airplane ride away from where I live. Has anyone else been in this situation, and if so, how did you manage to purchase your bag? I’ve thought of buying a preowned bag in excellent condition, but the fact is I’m a bit of a perfectionist and prefer a new bag that to me is ‘mind clean’. I have the same issue buying diamonds and will search GIA reports on Blue Nile until I find flawless, perfectly cut stones. Sadly, Chanel doesn’t provide online options for those of us who are nowhere near their boutiques. I wish purchasing a Chanel bag was as easy as buying diamonds. TIA for any ideas on how I can purchase a bag!

Wow! I thought an hour ride was a pain. But an airplane ride is worse! I’m not sure where you live but maybe if it’s your first purchase, you can make a trip out of it? If you want to do that, I would say to go somewhere that has a lot of Places to get CHANEL, like NYC or VEGAS. That way you can increase your chances of getting the one you want. You can also call a store but then you won’t be able to see what you’re buying. Good luck !