What’s happened to Mulberry leather?

Hi sweetie! [emoji1309] Alas, no; these are the three oak ladies (plus the oak Drawstring, which I’d forgotten!)
I still have a couple each of: Bayswater, Lily, Alexa and Willow, along with one Mabel and one Mini Taylor! More pruning yet, methinks! [emoji418]️
I love my LV girls: they’re light and hassle-free!
That said, my friend was carrying the hibiscus SBS this morning and it looked absolutely stunning! [emoji7]

Well I'm still impressed, that's a lot of prunning I think you could stop now. I've still got one Bays, a couple of Lilys and my furry Harriet.
I miss my Lexies, should have kept one but like you they weren't being used and I felt I had to be ruthless..........I'll need the space when we finally move to a smaller property.
I'm with you on LV, I was never a fan of the coated canvas but now I love it, light and practical I've just ordered the Clapton backpack and it's on the way could be going straight back though!
Have you kept your Chanel and Hermes?

One mabel ???? Gosh!!I have kept nearly all my mulbs I just won t buy any more ever i still have 95 and love them

Gosh Elvis, that's an impressive amount of Mulbs.............you could open you're own Boutique.
Do you still use them all?

Last edited:
Reactions: lovingmybags
They REALLY need to bring the old leathers back. While I'm sure they know that there are lots of 'trend' buyers who switch out and sell bags every year or season, we're not all like that. I know that I buy bags that I'll use and run into the ground. What they're making now ain't it

sadly coach outlets rarely sell retail bags mainly ones.just.made.for the outlets i don't like them the difference in quality from retail is vast!!! But coach have awesome sales 50-60% off

Ooh - that’s interesting, elvis; I didn’t know that! My friend was happy with her purchases, but I’m much more interested in the “real” Coach bargains if the leather is so much better! [emoji7]

Haha oh dear, it seems you’ve fallen out of love with Mulberry. Yes, I do like Coach very much but my heart won’t let go of Mulberry just yet, so today I took myself to the outlet and purchased a lovely oak Lily in NVT, before they discontinue the leather for the new ‘hardwearing water resistant’ leathers (as told to me by the store assistant. That said, I won’t ever be in the market for some of the new wacky handbags that are currently offered on the Mulberry website. I’m not cool or trendy enough for those.

Like you mulberry still has my heart (although for me it is the classic styles like the Bayswater and lily bags). My darias also still look great. I do have a sizeable collection of mulberry bags still along with my one Chanel jumbo and one LV DE neverfull. I use Michael Kors as my run around bags and own five totes.
Glad you were able to find a lovely oak NVT piece. My only oak bag is my first mulberry, an oak Bayswater. She is used the least of my bags as my wardrobe is either brights or dark neutrals and I often choose eggplant or Black Forest if I am wearing all black instead of oak. I do remember that my oak NVT looked rather anaemic when I first got her. However over time (and just by sitting in the wardrobe) she developed a gorgeous patina. I will probably have to bring her out for use in the spring with some leopard print shoes!
Share a photo of your new oak beauty please.