BV Small Olimpia bag. Opinions?

RitaLA

Apr 5, 2018
does anybody own the olimpia small bag? What is your experience with wear and tear? Does it fit a considerable amount of items? I am debating Between this one and Celine Nano. Thank you so much!!!

Attachments

• 72C0533D-0709-4A4D-BDA5-5C71261A0D6C.png
    72C0533D-0709-4A4D-BDA5-5C71261A0D6C.png
    436.7 KB · Views: 613
  • D64B01C8-BA7C-45C0-AA90-D56563010651.png
    D64B01C8-BA7C-45C0-AA90-D56563010651.png
    421.4 KB · Views: 615
I don’t have the small but I have the mini and it fits a lot, more than my BV disco bag or Chanel mini coco handle. I have mine for about a year now and I love it! No front flap side lifting but I made sure I open it in the middle rathen than pulling at the sides.

Reactions: RitaLA
I don’t have the small but I have the mini and it fits a lot, more than my BV disco bag or Chanel mini coco handle. I have mine for about a year now and I love it! No front flap side lifting but I made sure I open it in the middle rathen than pulling at the sides.

I never opened my small Olimpia at the sides! I only opened it in the middle, and I weared it maybe 10-15 times. Nevertheless the corners of the flap lifted.

Reactions: RitaLA
I have the larger size in nero and almost never carry it...I will probably sell it. Reasons: it's heavier than I expected and that chain makes a god-awful noise if you set the bag down on a hard surface. It's a shame, because I really love the brand and I thought this was a dream bag, but my RW experience with it wasn't as positive as I had hoped...

btw, in the larger size in the nero color, the chain was originally a dark gun metal color. Don't know when they switched to a gold chain. And do they not give you a mirror anymore? It's not listed in the product details. Mine came with a mirror, although I never kept it in the bag because there was no slip case for it and I was always worried it would break.

Last edited:
Reactions: cosima and whateve
olympia is my first BV. I agree with most that the weight of Olympia gets in the way of more usage. As per the curling edge - at first I don’t like it but overtime I feel like it is part of the identity. However I do love the style - it is quite formal and for me it has been a nice work bag that can also work for jeans and t shirt over weekend.

mine is the first style with short strap and chain - so I can’t comment on the long chain but I do get annoyed with ‘clanking chain’.