PM replacement..

balen.girl

IG : balengirl
O.G.
Aug 24, 2010
Hi TPF member..

I have Pochette Metis in monogram. Lately I don’t have interest on my bag, because I saw so many people carry the same bag and somehow I got annoyed.
Everyone is saying this bag is so hard to get, but lots of people owning the bag. Even the reverse, super common these days. I am thinking to get alternative for this bag.
Quick question.. What bag do you think have the same or similar size with Pochette Metis ? Need to have long strap for cross body option..
Prefer in canvas, but also open for leather.
Thank you in advance.. :smile:

Hi TPF member..

I have Pochette Metis in monogram. Lately I don’t have interest on my bag, because I saw so many people carry the same bag and somehow I got annoyed.
Everyone is saying this bag is so hard to get, but lots of people owning the bag. Even the reverse, super common these days. I am thinking to get alternative for this bag.
Quick question.. What bag do you think have the same or similar size with Pochette Metis ? Need to have long strap for cross body option..
Prefer in canvas, but also open for leather.
Thank you in advance.. :smile:
Since you are concerned with ubiquity, I would suggest the Hermès Berline.

The beautiful Bond Street, regular size. Yes, it's comfortable cross body and would be even more so in the BB size. However, it doesn't have an adjustable strap, so comfort does depend on it working well for you as is. Of course, you could always buy a separate adjustable strap.

I have Clapton backpack, so I don’t think I will get Clapton cross body. Is Bond Street comfortable to wear as cross body ?

I really, really liked Bond Street and was very close to getting it as a replacement for my cracked Palm Springs Backpack. The only issue as you can maybe tell in the photo is that the strap is long and it wouldn't work for shorter gals (I'm 5'7" and it still hits me a bit low). That's not why I didn't get it BTW, I just decided I couldn't live without a PS backpack.

Last edited:
Reactions: jellyv
Thank you, I know you love Hermes. But for Hermes, I only love Lindy and I already have 2. I am happy with it and I don’t have any plan to add Hermes in my collection. ;)
I don't "love" Hermès lol. I am actually very new to the brand and still discovering their collections and learning a lot thanks to TPF! :smile:
Good luck with finding an alternative bag to your PM!

Reactions: balen.girl
The beautiful Bond Street, regular size. Yes, it's comfortable cross body and would be even more so in the BB size. However, it doesn't have an adjustable strap, so comfort does depend on it working well for you as is. Of course, you could always buy a separate adjustable strap.

I really, really liked Bond Street and was very close to getting it as a replacement for my cracked Palm Springs Backpack. The only issue as you can maybe tell in the photo is that the strap is long and it wouldn't work for shorter gals (I'm 5'7" and it still hits me a bit low). That's not why I didn't get it BTW, I just decided I couldn't live without a PS backpack.

I almost got Cluny, I think it’s similar design. Maybe I should try Bond Street. Thank you.. :smile: