1-2 weeks b4 VDay or 1-2 after, best time?

Go before or after Valentine's?

• 1 week before

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • 1 to 2 weeks after

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Faith43

So what, I like nice things.
O.G.
Mar 12, 2010
I am currently 4 hours away from my closest LV store. Need to look at sizes and styles to be absolutely sure what I want so this time, I don't feel good ordering from the .com site. Planning on going about a week before Valentine's Day...or I could go about a week or 2 after. For y'all that shop frequently, what would you suggest for availability of inventory (this would be for Texas, USA)? For your info, I am looking at the Siena PM or MM (DE), Iena PM or MM (DE), Tournelle MM in Black Mono (and if they by some chance have a Hyde Park with the pink still).

Anyone? Can't believe no responses. This does not have to be specifically for Texas, just the USA. For anyone currently shopping, are you seeing low inventory right now? I know low inventory is always a problem on some items like Metis, Palm Springs, etc but does it get worse before Valentine's Day and how soon after do they replenish stock? Just don't want to drive 4 hours for them to say "should have come after Valentine's....". I won't be shopping the day before Valentine's (when every store is low on gifts) but on February 7/8 is the plan. TIA

I can't answer your question about inventory but I can tell you that our store here in San Diego is super busy the week before Valentine's Day. That wouldn't stop me from a visit though, a busy LV boutique just gives me more time to wander around and find more things that I "need".

Reactions: Faith43
Just a thought. You should call your local LV and inquire about the specific bags you like and if they have them in stock. Once you know of the availability you can make the trip since it's 4 hours away. Have fun :smile:!

I would call but basically need to know by tomorrow if I am going to make the trip or not. A lot of logistics of making a 4 hour trip (overnight stay) with a family, pets, work, etc. Inventory can change. If I could call that morning and they have it and be there that afternoon, I would. I already know I am going at the worst time but plans for the next few months have me going in the opposite direction of a LV store. Even if they don't have all the sizes, maybe I can get a feel (like PM is too small so MM should work best) and order online. Thanks for the responses everyone!

Reactions: thewave1969
Can you find someone who can recommend you an SA in the LV you’re visiting so that she/he can advise you on the best time to visit? I’m sure the SAs know the flow of their inventory and customer volume more than anyone. Sorry I can’t be more helpful.
I do have the number of a SA in one of the 2 stores in Dallas. I will try him. I have decided I will make the trip regardless next week. Already asked for time off and have dog-sitter figured out. I usually take her with us but the weather is going to be awful and cold and can't leave her in the hotel. I was going to just order online and save the $160 or so tax (no LV in my state) plus gas and hotel but I want to look over the bag before I get it (alignment of the DE, MIF, etc). I am 95% certain what I want now (Siena MM...don't want to take chances on the corners of the Iena even though the Siena isn't everything I want...really wanted the front pocket). The Siena will do for now (I can always sell later...I only need one large bag, maybe a NF for travel someday) until LV can make a bag with rounded corners, handles like the Siena and Alma, has a detachable shoulder strap and front zipper pocket sized for larger phones...feet would be a nice extra. And no vachetta! I know, asking for a lot here.

I do have the number of a SA in one of the 2 stores in Dallas. I will try him. I have decided I will make the trip regardless next week. Already asked for time off and have dog-sitter figured out. I usually take her with us but the weather is going to be awful and cold and can't leave her in the hotel. I was going to just order online and save the $160 or so tax (no LV in my state) plus gas and hotel but I want to look over the bag before I get it (alignment of the DE, MIF, etc). I am 95% certain what I want now (Siena MM...don't want to take chances on the corners of the Iena even though the Siena isn't everything I want...really wanted the front pocket). The Siena will do for now (I can always sell later...I only need one large bag, maybe a NF for travel someday) until LV can make a bag with rounded corners, handles like the Siena and Alma, has a detachable shoulder strap and front zipper pocket sized for larger phones...feet would be a nice extra. And no vachetta! I know, asking for a lot here.

I’m pretty sure if you find something you like and purchase at the store you can have them ship the item to your house to avoid the tax (I read above when you order on line you save on the tax) so it should definitely be the same.
Also if you call ahead and they have the bags you are interested in, you can ask them to do a 24 hour hold until you arrive to the store.
Good Luck

Reactions: Faith43
I’m pretty sure if you find something you like and purchase at the store you can have them ship the item to your house to avoid the tax (I read above when you order on line you save on the tax) so it should definitely be the same.
Also if you call ahead and they have the bags you are interested in, you can ask them to do a 24 hour hold until you arrive to the store.
Good Luck
I never thought of that so I will definitely try. Thank you! And yes, I plan on calling him on Wednesday to make sure I can get my hands on the Siena MM.
If you're asking when is the best time to shop? Go now. Price increases are probably on the horizon and they typically happen around Valentine's Day.
Thank you! I either am on here and the .com site all the time when I am about to buy or don't look for months at a time when I am satisfied with what I have so I don't follow price increases as much unless I happen to read it on here so thanks much for this info.