VINTAGE KELLY BAGS? or older beaten up ones? anyone

View attachment 4315639 View attachment 4315640
1952 Rouge Bonwit Teller Hermes 32cm
1959 BBK 32cm

Will post some of my 30’s and 40’s need to take pics.

I always heard that for bags, “vintage” is anything over 20 years old. but I agree — 1997 was yesterday! :P

Here are my two vintage —or at least older — Box Kellys: Rouge Vif 32 from 1993, and Indigo 35 from 1998.

View attachment 4315654 View attachment 4315657
I’m like a kid in a candy store here!
Thank you for posting your stunning Kellys!
Hopefully someday I’ll be able to post a luscious box Kelly of my own here as well!

1952 Gold (Noisette) Box Calf Kelly 28 bought from antiques shop

1980 Rouge H Box Calf Kelly 28 (...is 1980 vintage yet?). She's already been seen in this thread - years before I adopted her!

View attachment 4315639 View attachment 4315640
1952 Rouge Bonwit Teller Hermes 32cm
1959 BBK 32cm

Will post some of my 30’s and 40’s need to take pics.

I always heard that for bags, “vintage” is anything over 20 years old. but I agree — 1997 was yesterday! :P

Here are my two vintage —or at least older — Box Kellys: Rouge Vif 32 from 1993, and Indigo 35 from 1998.

View attachment 4315654 View attachment 4315657

I'm a Bolide kind of girl-but i just lovely looking at these vintage beauties!

1949 28 Vache. All of my bags are varying degrees of vintage but this one is the oldest by far. She looks good for 70. I bought her on ebay from another member of the purse forum for only $2,000. She had been well massaged many time with Blackrocks, so she is velvety, supple, and smooth. She does scuff easily, but the marks disappear with a touch of Blackrocks. I love the patina on the flap.

Here she is with her favorite scarf. Art des Steppes.

28 Vache  1949 .jpg

Here she is with her sister who is porc from the 1990s.

Vache and porc sisters.jpg

Here she is on the one evening in the last 5 years that it was cold enough to wear my fur coat (I live in a sub tropical climate). I tell myself DH & I should go to NYC in the winter so I could wear my coat and carry this bag, but then I remember how miserable snow slush can be.

1949 Vache with coat.JPG

I struggle with trying to feel ok about being a collector and not carrying all of my bags. I love owning this one for the history and for its amazing hand. But the color doesn't work in my wardrobe which is almost all jewel tone. So every year in the fall I think about rehoming to someone who would carry her, and then I back out because of the hassle of selling. Then I start fantasizing about getting her a Rebbeca Minkoff guitar strap and letting her be edgy. Think I think about dressing her up with a tone on tone twillie (tan Passages to Toyoko). But mostly I do nothing but admire her. She has a very active position in my fantasy life regarding carrying my bags, but less so IRL.

1949 28 Vache. All of my bags are varying degrees of vintage but this one is the oldest by far. She looks good for 70. I bought her on ebay from another member of the purse forum for only $2,000. She had been well massaged many time with Blackrocks, so she is velvety, supple, and smooth. She does scuff easily, but the marks disappear with a touch of Blackrocks. I love the patina on the flap.

Here she is with her favorite scarf. Art des Steppes.

View attachment 4343478

Here she is with her sister who is porc from the 1990s.

View attachment 4343484

Here she is on the one evening in the last 5 years that it was cold enough to wear my fur coat (I live in a sub tropical climate). I tell myself DH & I should go to NYC in the winter so I could wear my coat and carry this bag, but then I remember how miserable snow slush can be.

View attachment 4343491

I struggle with trying to feel ok about being a collector and not carrying all of my bags. I love owning this one for the history and for its amazing hand. But the color doesn't work in my wardrobe which is almost all jewel tone. So every year in the fall I think about rehoming to someone who would carry her, and then I back out because of the hassle of selling. Then I start fantasizing about getting her a Rebbeca Minkoff guitar strap and letting her be edgy. Think I think about dressing her up with a tone on tone twillie (tan Passages to Toyoko). But mostly I do nothing but admire her. She has a very active position in my fantasy life regarding carrying my bags, but less so IRL.

Wow Cordie! 70- it' amazing! I feel your pain on the wanting to keep but it not really going with your wardrobe part. I am in the same position with my Sac Cecile ( from 1977). For me, I half heartedly listed it, but probably will take it down and only sell it if I really need to in order to meet my cash goal for my upgrade...otherwise, if I can I think I am fine with keeping it for occasional wear, and I think you should not feel guilty for this either!

Reactions: Cookiefiend