Consigning with The Real Real TRR

agree. they have become much more risky now that they had to take out codes/serial pics for all bags. pretty sure that is due to the ongoing lawsuit. but, with just 4 or 5 horrid pictures and no date codes, it's not worth it anymore. their return policy is bad, their reputation isn't all that great. they have low prices on many top brands but you take a huge risk. i just recently purchased a Longchamp, described as good, and the photos showed it to be ok. when it arrived it was in very bad condition. i called, and the woman said that good = horrible condition and is the lowest rank. i had no idea. and they charged 11.95 return shipping when i paid it myself for $5.95. just a bunch of dopes running that company imo

If you didn’t use their shipping label, let them know of the error and they will issue a refund.

I have made quite a few purchases on this site... luckily only one being a big ticket purchase and unfortunately it misrepresented in the description. The item was described as a Chanel double flap and a single flap arrived
Living in Canada however I had to pre pay duty and taxes to initially receive the bag which are a nightmare to try and recover afterwards. I wasn’t happy and dug my heels in... wouldn’t let it go!!!!! They covered everything .... all shipping... all duty and taxes!! This was two years ago ... but I did learn a valuable lesson ... I won’t buy a big ticket item again unless I know forsure. I do like their site if I know exactly what I am looking for

Reactions: Blueberry1
Just a strange question...has The RealReal shopping link been removed from the Support TPF by Shopping Via below here....Im sure it used to be there...or have I been imagining things all this time...I dont really want to go into 2019 already crazy.

I have made quite a few purchases on this site... luckily only one being a big ticket purchase and unfortunately it misrepresented in the description. The item was described as a Chanel double flap and a single flap arrived
Living in Canada however I had to pre pay duty and taxes to initially receive the bag which are a nightmare to try and recover afterwards. I wasn’t happy and dug my heels in... wouldn’t let it go!!!!! They covered everything .... all shipping... all duty and taxes!! This was two years ago ... but I did learn a valuable lesson ... I won’t buy a big ticket item again unless I know forsure. I do like their site if I know exactly what I am looking for

I agree- TRR has been ok for me with small $ items. When I’ve run into trouble, it’s invariably been on a big ticket item. What’s weird is that you’d think they’d be the most careful on the more expensive items.

I agree- TRR has been ok for me with small $ items. When I’ve run into trouble, it’s invariably been on a big ticket item. What’s weird is that you’d think they’d be the most careful on the more expensive items.
In my one experience they were okay. It sounds like I was an oddity. I still look on that site on a regular basis as I have found a ton of amazing things at amazing prices even with our bad dollar exchange from US to Canadian...JMO

You can always file a claim with your credit card company if TRR is unwilling to cooperate. The low prices are for fakes. Any luxury brand shoes in good condition with a starting price $125 or less are fakes, I spotted plenty!
I beg to differ . All of my authentic high end shoes have been priced very low on the site and they are most definitely not fake. They price many items low in order to sell quickly -my items with higher price tags have been sitting still forever.

FASHIONPHILE- They accept returns, the packaging is cute (they don’t just throw your item in a box with no padding) and they have 60 day layaway. AND, the items described as Very Good are usually in Excellent condition.
I always have good luck with Ann's Fabulous Finds. Not the cheapest, but great service. And the pictures and descriptions are accurate.

Reeeeaaaalllly wish I would have read this before making a purchase again.... guess I'll be heading straight to the "authenticate this Bal" thread upon receipt.... now I have bad butterflies.