Caring for Evelyne

lvgucciaddict38

More Chanel please!
O.G.
Nov 10, 2007
I just got my first Evelyne this month. Now I’m wondering how durable the leather is (Clemence). Do I need to baby it? January in the Northeast can be rainy, sleety, snowy so I’d like to know ahead of time just what weather I can safely bring her out in! Thanks!!!

Reactions: crisbac
Thank you for the advice and the link!!!
Congrats on your new Evie!
I have 2 evies that's 10+years old. It went through rain/snow/humid heat, and its still looks good as new. My SA calls my evies my "rain bag" :lol:
What I do is use Saphir Nappa Conditioner and Saphir Canadien Garments (neutral color is the best). The Canadien is specifically for jackets and bags so that the polish won't rub off onto your clothes (use brush to polish it off (the bumps on Clemence can get polish stuck on it)). The polish acts as a barrier between water and leather, and I do this once or twice a year. There are other reputable high grade companies if you can't find Saphir that Docride recommends. For the strap, I use scotch guard to waterproof, and keep it from fuzzing up, which normally happens after several years. I suggest using bag liner to keep it in shape, as it will stretch out over time if you overstuff it HTH! :flowers::heart:

I r
I have 2 evies that's 10+years old. It went through rain/snow/humid heat, and its still looks good as new. My SA calls my evies my "rain bag" :lol:
What I do is use Saphir Nappa Conditioner and Saphir Canadien Garments (neutral color is the best). The Canadien is specifically for jackets and bags so that the polish won't rub off onto your clothes (use brush to polish it off (the bumps on Clemence can get polish stuck on it)). The polish acts as a barrier between water and leather, and I do this once or twice a year. There are other reputable high grade companies if you can't find Saphir that Docride recommends. For the strap, I use scotch guard to waterproof, and keep it from fuzzing up, which normally happens after several years. I suggest using bag liner to keep it in shape, as it will stretch out over time if you overstuff it HTH! :flowers::heart:
I recently got my first evie too, which scotch guard do you use for the strap?

I just got my first Evelyne this month. Now I’m wondering how durable the leather is (Clemence). Do I need to baby it? January in the Northeast can be rainy, sleety, snowy so I’d like to know ahead of time just what weather I can safely bring her out in! Thanks!!!
Congratulations on your first evelyn
There're threads on evelyn as directed
Also thread on clemence
Happy exploring

Clemence is a workhorse leather, just make sure u wipe down any sign of water be it snow or rain. Enjoy!

Thank you so much for all the info!

Reactions: TresBeauHermes
That's a great idea about the scotch guard for the strap TBH!! I hate how fuzzy the strap can get and never use my toolbox strap and rarely use my Evelyne PM because of that. I so wish they made the Evelyne's with leather straps or gave us the option to buy one.

You don't even need to wipe down a Clemence Evie in rain. I have had one (PM) soaked through in a plane galley flood and dripping wet (as it, needed to be wrung out) for 4-5 hours at least - fine. A TPM Evie fell in the bath (don't even ask) - good as new.
Always nice to wipe down a wet bag but unless you wet it AND stuff it AND leave it, nothing will happen.

That's a great idea about the scotch guard for the strap TBH!! I hate how fuzzy the strap can get and never use my toolbox strap and rarely use my Evelyne PM because of that. I so wish they made the Evelyne's with leather straps or gave us the option to buy one.
Leather straps! yesssss! But when you arm yourself with scotchguard, you will soon love your canvas straps :lol:

Have you looked at the Hermes range of accessory straps?