Is this wallet on a chain a good first Gucci?

Dec 24, 2012
Hi,
I am a handbag lover, and own several bags from no name to high end, but no Gucci :sad:
I admired the brand for a very long time, but never found the bag that was right for me for a variety of reasons. Now I’m looking into adding a small wallet size bag to my collection as most of my bags are larger. I am liking the simplicity of this wallet on chain, the price and the fact that it is Gucci. What do you guys think? Do any of you own it or the non chain version? I carry very little as my essentials, and really need a small bag. Is this considered a trendy item that would go out of style? I’m not really looking for an “investment” piece really but would like to buy something that won’t look dated in a year or two. Any tips? Thanks

Hi,
I am a handbag lover, and own several bags from no name to high end, but no Gucci :sad:
I admired the brand for a very long time, but never found the bag that was right for me for a variety of reasons. Now I’m looking into adding a small wallet size bag to my collection as most of my bags are larger. I am liking the simplicity of this wallet on chain, the price and the fact that it is Gucci. What do you guys think? Do any of you own it or the non chain version? I carry very little as my essentials, and really need a small bag. Is this considered a trendy item that would go out of style? I’m not really looking for an “investment” piece really but would like to buy something that won’t look dated in a year or two. Any tips? Thanks
This is it.

Attachments

• 4DF6F070-D8AA-41FE-BD78-F61D6322BD56.png
    4DF6F070-D8AA-41FE-BD78-F61D6322BD56.png
    347.3 KB · Views: 502
This is of course a wallet on a chain and as you mentioned you carry very few essentials so if that’s the case its a great first Gucci. If I was going out and really just needed a few credit cards, some cash, a lipstick etc...it would work. The one you picked is pretty! If you like the GG canvas, there is one available just like the black one but with the canvas print and that one is lovely too. As far as trendy, nah... as its solid black, classic leather, bronze gold GG classic logo. It’s great in my opinion.

I have a purple wallet on chain and it's good for date night or when u don't carry alot. I like the card slots and the zippered compartment for my cash. I can also fit my phone ( note8) plus lipstick and keys. Plus I like how the chain is removable so it can be used as a clutch. The leather is durable and I don't baby it.

20190117_224124.jpg

this was my first woc and gucci!

love it! change can be doubled, cross body, clutch, or wallet in a bigger bag...

I carry it a lot! it's so classic looking on its own.
8d85f3921dfb0017b8390f7db4965511.jpg
ddd9f8ef4c50f9a71ef185d366536b5a.jpg

I have a few wallet on chain bags but I don’t use them as much as I would like. Bottom line, don’t go on much date nights. :biggrin:

I however think it’s a great bag if you’re not going to be carrying much.