Chanel in Vancouver, B.C.

pattihansen

Island Girl
O.G.
Apr 25, 2007
My two daughters and I will be visiting family in Vancouver in August. Any info from other forum members about the Chanel store there? Do they carry Chanel at the Holt-Renfrow (spelling?) store? Any other good shopping suggestions would be greatly appeciated. Thanks.

Reactions: jojoannaaa
Hi, I was just there in May, and the Holt Renfrew at that time did not carry chanel (handbags anyways, maybe they carried the sunglasses or make-up or something). The saleslady I asked said that the new Holt Renfrew would carry Chanel. I dont know when that is supposed to be finished though. However, there is a Chanel boutique within about 5 minutes walking distance, I dont remember what the street is called but I think you could look it up on the internet somewhere.. Good luck!

Happy to help! I love shopping in Vancouver. I forgot to mention that Holt Renfrew and the boutique are in downtown vancouver. THey are right off Robson st, which is like a giant outdoor mall. They have normal priced clothes (haha) on the main street like bebe, guess, buffalo, AX, etc etc., and just off of it, they have stores like Hermes, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, etc. I believe that the Hermes store is on the same street as the chanel boutique.. I'm drooling talking about it.

The Hermes store is across from the LV store, but the Chanel boutique is actually a little ways away.

There is a Chanel boutique inside the Holt Renfrew now too. :nod:

We have two Chanel Boutiques in Vancouver. One is inside Holt Renfrew (on the second floor) and one is located on W. Hasting Street which is alil far away from all the shopping crowded. But it's a pretty Boutique worth a visit. Hope you enjoy your visits and shopping experience.

ooo! this thread is perfect bc i am going to vancouver also after my conference, but only for a day. i am staying at a hotel on robson street so this is perfect since all the shops are there!! how does the whole tax/duties thing work again, if i am an american shopping there? do i get some sort of "VAT-equivalent" reduction?

btw, are there any shops in whistler? :smile:

ooo! this thread is perfect bc i am going to vancouver also after my conference, but only for a day. i am staying at a hotel on robson street so this is perfect since all the shops are there!! how does the whole tax/duties thing work again, if i am an american shopping there? do i get some sort of "VAT-equivalent" reduction?

btw, are there any shops in whistler? :smile:

Unfortunately, Canada no longer offers tax rebate. :tdown:As quote from the Revenue Canada website:

On March 19, 2007, the Government of Canada confirmed its intention to eliminate the GST/HST Visitor Rebate Program as of March 31, 2007, and announced the introduction of the Foreign Convention and Tour Incentive Program.
Non-residents who purchase goods in Canada after March 31, 2007, and export them, will no longer be entitled to a rebate of the GST/HST paid.

My another thought, with the current exchange rate, wouldn't it better to buy goods in the states than in Canada? I'm not sure how the Chanel stores adjust the price for its bag (US$-Cdn$). Anyone know? :?:

I would agree that it's cheaper currently to shop in the States, especially considering there is 13% tax in British Columbia. For example, the medium/large classic flaps are $2200 for caviar and $2400 for lambskin, and that's a lot more than they are in the US even if you convert to USD. Add the 13% taxes and you're easily paying a few hundred more.

Reactions: pam523
Hi.. i'm heading up to Vancouver next month and wanted to pick up either a Jumbo or Large Black Chanel and was wondering where they sold Chanel there? With the exchange rate it would be a better deal up there..cept the GST and PST is so high!! i'm wondering if any SA's could wave one of those lol. TIA

Unfortunately it's not possible for SA's to simply waive taxes. They have to by law collect and remit the sales taxes or face possible prosecution.
You can shop either the Chanel boutique located in Holt Renfrew which is in the Pacific Centre or at the Chanel boutique on West Hastings. Have fun!

Hi everyone. Does anyone know if the Chanel in Holt Renfrew in Vancouver is technically a boutique (versus a store in a department store)? I was told if my purchases were at department stores, I technically don't have a purchase history (therefore I cannot get a boutique to ship to me). However, on Chanel's website, the Vancouver store shows up when I check the box "Chanel boutiques only" and my invoices say "Chanel Boutique." Does anybody know?