CHANEL CHIT CHAT Thread!

Need some opinions! Can’t decide which lambskin medium classic flap to keep.

19C Royal Blue
36bb6cf44621914f9f9b6fc30cdf56ea.jpg

Or 2017 Iridescent purple
ce92962883657c7ccc8fa2ea0c257b0b.jpg

I’m totally in love with both but I may like the purple just a hair more. It’s cheaper too since it’s not current season. Problem is I know I’ll probably get more wear out of the blue since it’s more of a neutral color and easier to match.

Which would you choose?
I have the purple in the mini. It is probably my least used Chanel. I would go with the Royal Blue. It is beautiful .

Reactions: hellokimmiee
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but does anyone know how much does the caviar WOC currently retail for? I'm looking to purchase it in Asia but not sure whether to try to get a second hand in pristine condition or brand new one. Thanks a lot in advance!

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but does anyone know how much does the caviar WOC currently retail for? I'm looking to purchase it in Asia but not sure whether to try to get a second hand in pristine condition or brand new one. Thanks a lot in advance!
I have bought mine for 2000 € a few weeks ago in Germany.

I usually DON'T buy fabric handbags because I have this hangup that leather is "worth the money". BUT I recently was lured into purchasing a fabric Chanel flap bag from Vestaire. It's the bandana print in black. It seems to be a kind of cotton fabric. Does anyone have any tips for owning, wearing, caring for a fabric bag? It's this model...
I would definitely spray it with some Collonil Carbon Pro. It's amazing stuff....search the threads here and google it. I have sprayed my tweed bags and a couple of light-colored nylon bags with Collonil, and it does the job and then some. I'm quite picky about what I use (textile science degree), and I put the Collonil through its paces with fabric swatches of different colors and types before I ever sprayed my luxury bags. The Collonil didn't change the color of the bag or yellow the lighter portions. Several months later, I'm still loving the Collonil, and the bags look pristine. Hope that helps! :smile:

https://www.amazon.com/Collonil-Pro...=UTF8&qid=1546596185&sr=8-2&keywords=collonil

I recently heard Chanel stopped repairs on bags older than 5 years... Is this for the free repairs or at all? How much is it if you have to pay for some small repair on a bag that is older... Anyone had a recent experience with that?

I have bought mine for 2000 € a few weeks ago in Germany.
My mouth just dropped!
I had no Idea it went up THAT MUCH! When I stood in line to pay for a WOC the first time it was around 1.420 - that was january 2016 if I am not mistaken. jesus. I ended up not buying it btw because I realised I really wanted a mini, a proper turnlock etc. Im just speechless though. :biggrin:

Guys does anyone have a Chanel reissue where the stitching does not line up perfectly at the bottom seam? It used to be a red flag for me (like LV seams) but I've seen it on a few genuine bags now. Do you think they are just getting lazy.
Yes, pretty normal not just recently. If you look at pre-loved Reissues you will quickly see that they hardly ever line up. None of my Reissues lined up at the bottom seam and most of them were not from recent collections.

Reactions: jbags07
Hi guys! This is my first post after lurking for a good 4.5 years... wasn’t sure where else to put this mini rant but at least it’s Chanel related, so here goes:

I live in Indiana where we lost our only Chanel inside Saks in Indianapolis a few years ago. About maybe a year ago (not sure when honestly, I haven’t lived in Indy for a while) I saw someone walking around the mall with a Chanel shopping bag with stuff inside and I was like woah wait what? They’re back? The person was like “ohhhhhhh they’re at Nordstrom now!” I didn’t have time to investigate so just made a mental note. The Chanel website hasn’t updated its locations in a while, since they still list my optometrist when they definitely don’t carry Chanel anymore, so I figured that applied too. A year later and I’m finally back at that mall and go to investigate since I want a new wallet... no signs of Chanel in sight at Nordstrom. Ended up at Saks chatting with the Gucci SAs (in the former Chanel location no less, RIP) who were like, no, they’ve never been back, that’s really weird actually.

I’m still a little bitter about the entire thing lol. Okay, rant over.

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to see if anyone has any opinions on the White classic that was released at the end of last year for cruise. My SA has come across another one in a size i'd like but I'm super hesitant to pull the trigger on it eventhough I love the color. I'm most nervous of color transfer on this and getting it dirty, does anyone have this and have any insight on it? How is it wearing or any other White caviar classic bags?

Hi! I would very much like to purchase my first Chanel bag, but I’m always held back by the fact that the closest Chanel boutique is an airplane ride away from where I live. Has anyone else been in this situation, and if so, how did you manage to purchase your bag? I’ve thought of buying a preowned bag in excellent condition, but the fact is I’m a bit of a perfectionist and prefer a new bag that to me is ‘mind clean’. I have the same issue buying diamonds and will search GIA reports on Blue Nile until I find flawless, perfectly cut stones. Sadly, Chanel doesn’t provide online options for those of us who are nowhere near their boutiques. I wish purchasing a Chanel bag was as easy as buying diamonds. TIA for any ideas on how I can purchase a bag!