I put a 19yr old Louis Vuitton Monogram Alma PM in the washer and dryer...

Photos taken today after the bag is completely dry. First I dried the excess water with a towel. Then I let it air dry for a while. Then I applied some Applegard Conditioner to the vachetta to prevent cracking.
Turn it inside out in bright sunlight and spray it with this:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GJX7QJU/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My Speedy had an actual mold issue and this cleared it up.

Thank you so much for the advise. I will definitely buy it. I am actually thinking of washing the bag again, much later. But first I will spray this product; hopefully it works so I won’t have to “ drown” the poor Saumur again.

i think i'm going to give this a go with my old sac flanerie 45. it was my beater bag anyway but i lent it to a friend for a beach trip and didn't consider that she is a smoker... i just can't use or be near the bag now so why not. wish me luck!!

Kodi-

Reactions: Shivitz
Oh
Hello,

I’m glad to say that the bag is not destroyed. Very little dryness on one part of a strap. But the odor is still there, a lot less than what it was. Before, by only sitting next to the bag you could smell the musty odor; not now. I stick my nose to the canvas and I smell it. The inside of the bag, the liner , does not smell anymore.

Photo 1) Bag just pulled out the the washer

Photo 2) this second time I washed it in the sink, immediately after taking out of the washer

Photo 3) the color of the water in the sink
Oh my god - the water :yucky::sick:!!!
Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

Good luck! How did it turn out??
So I just got a preloved denim mahina xs. I am so tempted to throw it in the wash. The color is black denim, and it looks pretty clean, or I can't see visible stains and it smells pretty good, but I just want to give it a little wash. Do you think this will be ok? The leather parts seem like it will he pretty durable and not damage.

I am wondering if anyone else has taken a chance on putting a vintage Alma in the washing machine. I am seriously thinking about taking the plunge (sorry!) with a vintage Alma MM--but it would be great to have a bit more information. (I'd really, really love to know how things went with the one that went into the washer in 2014.

Reactions: Brooksie
I am wondering if anyone else has taken a chance on putting a vintage Alma in the washing machine. I am seriously thinking about taking the plunge (sorry!) with a vintage Alma MM--but it would be great to have a bit more information. (I'd really, really love to know how things went with the one that went into the washer in 2014.
I would love to hear from SavvyShopper and how her bag is doing today. I saw another post where a lady put an Evora or something like it in her washer. It looked AMAZING afterward, but that was DE and treated leather.

Thanks so much for sharing, OP! Your bag looks great and I hope you are still carrying her in good health! :smile:

I decided to go ahead and wash my pre-loved but new-to-me Noe tonight.
So far, so good!
I'll make another post about it in case anyone is interested.

Thanks so much for sharing, OP! Your bag looks great and I hope you are still carrying her in good health! :smile:

I decided to go ahead and wash my pre-loved but new-to-me Noe tonight.
So far, so good!
I'll make another post about it in case anyone is interested.
Yes, please do post about it! I'd love to know how it turns out, and I'm sure that many others would too!