Stitching on LV

Guavacookie

Jan 12, 2019
Hi guys!
I would like to check if the stitching below is actually seems odd.
Another thing is the discoloration on the clips of straps is also bit odd. The bag probably has been used for less than 5x by the previous owner.
What do you guys think? I am just bit uneasy on these flaws but is it normal?20190113_100727.jpg 20190113_095938.jpg 20190113_095852.jpg

Note: this is already authenticated by 2 authenticators.

Hi guys!
I would like to check if the stitching below is actually seems odd.
Another thing is the discoloration on the clips of straps is also bit odd. The bag probably has been used for less than 5x by the previous owner.
What do you guys think? I am just bit uneasy on these flaws but is it normal?View attachment 4303713 View attachment 4303719 View attachment 4303720

Note: this is already authenticated by 2 authenticators.
Oh my God!!!!...

Yeah, both "issues" (to you) look normal.
Just enjoy the bag and don't get stressed by minute details like those. [emoji111]️[emoji4]

I have a brand new Jeanne wallet and the back pocket started to open 2 days after purchase even without me putting things in there. Do I bother going back to the store? No! Because it's a minute detail. The rest of my wallet is beautiful and fits my lifestyle perfectly.

Last edited:
Hi Lvintage,
OMG
I appreciate your reply. FYI i am not fussy. If you want a bit of history to explain myself, then i will. I got this beautiful bag from one reseller and has been authenticated. Now, i am thinking to sell it to fund my travel. I have a free voucher from 1 authenticator so i used it to provide the buyer a certificate of authenticity. UNFORTUNATELY, that authenticator have initial concern about the bag and they need to proceed to another review. And the best result, 2 experts from the same company have different view on this. Until now, I dont have the final verdict from that company. So I get another verbal opinion (3rd) from one authenticator which says it is authentic.
When i am finally at peace, I saw those stitching this morning which is for me unusual. Because i am not an expert and seen this forum, i tried to ask if its normal. Even the discoloration of that clasp for me looks unusual cos i dont know if its tarnishing or manufacture flaws. I am just wandering if these are the issues that probably that 1 authenticator is mentioning.
I appreciate your reply, but it "sounded" like that i am just being fussy. Anyways, i thought that this is a friendly group and kinda new on TFP. I am not an expert that is why I ask.
Thanks for the reply though ✌✌✌

Reactions: Em85
Oh my God!!!!...

Yeah, both "issues" (to you) look normal.
Just enjoy the bag and don't get stressed by minute details like those. [emoji111]️[emoji4]

I have a brand new Jeanne wallet and the back pocket started to open 2 days after purchase even without me putting things in there. Do I bother going back to the store? No! Because it's a minute detail. The rest of my wallet is beautiful and fits my lifestyle perfectly.
Hi Lvintage,
OMG
I appreciate your reply. FYI i am not fussy. If you want a bit of history to explain myself, then i will. I got this beautiful bag from one reseller and has been authenticated. Now, i am thinking to sell it to fund my travel. I have a free voucher from 1 authenticator so i used it to provide the buyer a certificate of authenticity. UNFORTUNATELY, that authenticator have initial concern about the bag and they need to proceed to another review. And the best result, 2 experts from the same company have different view on this. Until now, I dont have the final verdict from that company. So I get another verbal opinion (3rd) from one authenticator which says it is authentic.
When i am finally at peace, I saw those stitching this morning which is for me unusual. Because i am not an expert and seen this forum, i tried to ask if its normal. Even the discoloration of that clasp for me looks unusual cos i dont know if its tarnishing or manufacture flaws. I am just wandering if these are the issues that probably that 1 authenticator is mentioning.
I appreciate your reply, but it "sounded" like that i am just being fussy. Anyways, i thought that this is a friendly group and kinda new on TFP. I am not an expert that is why I ask.
Thanks for the reply though ✌✌✌

Reactions: Em85
And another thing LVintage...

For the fussy buyers out there, they just want to have at least have a nearly perfect item especially if they paid $$$ amount for a brand new bag, slgs etc.

And another thing LVintage...

For the fussy buyers out there, they just want to have at least have a nearly perfect item especially if they paid $$$ amount for a brand new bag, slgs etc.
Hi and welcome to the world of tPF! I was a newbie once, in the luxury handbag world and here. And many of us newbies wanted a perfect bag or wallet for the top $$$ that we paid for it. But sadly (and you will soon realize here) that there ain't no perfect purse no matter how much it costs. Try to read more threads/topics much like about your concern and you will say that I am gentle with you. Sorry if I sounded otherwise. I just wanted to point out that the issues you saw on your bag does not greatly affect the beauty and functionality of it. Does it? And you said it yourself, it's been authenticated. So just enjoy. Don't overly stress yourself out. Peace yo! [emoji111]️[emoji16]

The double stitches you circled is the standard way to end the stitching when using a sewing machine. You overlap the beginning and ending parts so the ends are better secured as the end and start are the weakest point in the sewing. You will see this in stitches for almost everything (clothing, bags, etc). The tarnishing is normal - buffing/polishing may help a bit unless the plating has completely worn away (in that case you'll have to get it replaced if it really bothers you). Hope that puts your mind at ease!

Reactions: 47109
Hello we have a same issue I also have a LV bag very same thread in heat stamp . Check it .Im not worry beacause I buy this bag in japan number pne LV store.And I know it to my self this js authentic even ghe others say no and other say yes.I also want to sell it for my study tuition fee.

Attachments

• 255BFB02-7456-47BB-ACB7-28E419D37B37.jpeg
    255BFB02-7456-47BB-ACB7-28E419D37B37.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 18
  • D9ADA2B5-23A6-4400-B020-6534DFDFA390.jpeg
    D9ADA2B5-23A6-4400-B020-6534DFDFA390.jpeg
    242.5 KB · Views: 18