Please help me decide! Small Gabrielle in beige or black?

Beige or black?

• Beige!

Votes: 25 40.3%
  • Black!

Votes: 37 59.7%

• Total voters
Jun 6, 2010
CD1AC4B7-26E6-4639-99AB-F40ACE312EF1.jpeg FBB79245-3A5D-44C8-BE80-9CEF2250DD78.jpeg I’ve seen this question asked around the forum already and I’ve asked so many people already and I still can’t decide! I’ve been eyeing the Small Gabrielle hobo in black for a while, I thought it could be a great “incognito” Chanel for my collection. I went to try it on in store and quickly found out the black was hard to come by, but after trying on the beige/black I started to fall in love with it.

While I toyed with the idea of going for the beige instead, I asked my SA if they could keep an eye out for a black one for me, and literally hours later they messaged me saying one had just come in as part of the new collection. It was meant to be! I went over and grabbed it but still looked wistfully at the beige...

Now I keep looking at the black and somehow it just doesn’t feel quite right. Most of my bags are black (in fact all of my Chanels are black), so maybe I’m just feeling like I want some more variety? I was really worried about colour transfer on the beige and it being more “obvious”. My friends are also split on the issue.

I’m planning to also get the reissue 226 in black with RHW, so really that would be more incognito, and maybe I don’t need the black Gabrielle?

What do you all think? For reference I currently have:
M/L flap in black with GHW
Jumbo flap in black with GHW
Chanel GST in black with GHW
Classic woc in black with GHW
Le boy medium in black with RHW

TIA!!!

beige for sure!
since the bag strap is pretty short wearing on the shoulders i wouldnt think color transfer should be a big issue.
all my chanel bags are black and i recently got the beige gabrielle backpack and i love it!
adds more variety to my collection while still not being too flashy! :smile:

Reactions: mssmelanie
I normally prefer black or red in Chanel bags but for this particular bag, I’d personally get it in Beige because it just looks more elegant against the black trim and tassel. More classic Chanel look to it

Reactions: svmgv
I recently got the small Gabrielle too. I debated between the black vs beige too. Like you said, the black is hard to come by and it's black so you can't go wrong. But then, I have so many black bags already. I also felt like I shouldn't get the black just because it's hard to get. At the end, I got the beige. I thought it will go well for winter and summer months. Keep us posted what you decide. Here's me in my beige.IMG_20190106_1.jpg

Are you open to the navy/black Gabi? :smile: That's my favorite color combo...sill interesting, neutral, and no color transfer worries (although the Collonil is a great suggestion if you do go with the beige)!

beige for sure!
since the bag strap is pretty short wearing on the shoulders i wouldnt think color transfer should be a big issue.
all my chanel bags are black and i recently got the beige gabrielle backpack and i love it!
adds more variety to my collection while still not being too flashy! :smile:

Same as me, then! And that’s true, I supposed it does usually sit high! So you have no regrets choosing the beige?

I recently got the small Gabrielle too. I debated between the black vs beige too. Like you said, the black is hard to come by and it's black so you can't go wrong. But then, I have so many black bags already. I also felt like I shouldn't get the black just because it's hard to get. At the end, I got the beige. I thought it will go well for winter and summer months. Keep us posted what you decide. Here's me in my beige.View attachment 4303044

Yeah, I guess you’re right! Just because it’s tough to get doesn’t mean it’s the right choice for me. Thanks for sharing pics! That’s super helpful.

Are you open to the navy/black Gabi? :smile: That's my favorite color combo...sill interesting, neutral, and no color transfer worries (although the Collonil is a great suggestion if you do go with the beige)!

I’m not really into the navy/black combo! I know I’ve at least narrowed it down to beige or black :smile:

Thank you everyone! I’ll let you know what I decide!

Reactions: stylistbydesign