Scarves Hermès Spring/Summer '19 Scarves

So we all knew this was going to be a TERRIBLE season ... for our wallets! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
My H finally got some SS scarves in so I went to check it out this afternoon. I wound up very very surprised. I had the opposite problem as BBC just above this post - I fell in love with a scarf I had NO desire for when I first saw it flat. It’s one that many of you have oohed and ahhhed over and while I admired it on others, I did not like it for myself.

Yes, dear reader, it’s Animapolis! I thought it was way too busy and the reptiles were a major turn off - plus Godzilla takes up so much real estate. I heard my wallet heave a huge sigh of relief.

Well, I couldn’t resist trying it on in the store. Why not? I’d just be confirming that it’s not one for me. Well, whoa Nelly!!! It was a shock, a revelation!
3ce64b4cd90f028e8ec81ad02bd5e568.jpg

9023092ca5ac9b3739324850f80fe76c.jpg

However, this cw wasn’t as nice on me as the first one:
80300a7f02d1b8b939466a1475e36e79.jpg

I also saw the Duels design (can’t remember the whole name). This was just a “meh” on me, and it’s not just because the lighting is so yellow in the store:
e9b60fb2859f2e59eba054cb5379e407.jpg

But omg Sieste!!! The dark blue is divine, but I have one dilemma. I’m not crazy about the red contrast hem. This isn’t the best photo - it looks 100% better in real life:
da2701142d188e90c80910d1d9ffcd83.jpg

I’ve always thought that I’d have to love every aspect of a scarf for me to buy full price - my heart better be weeping for joy! So in the past, I passed on a few designs because I didn’t love the hem color. Now I regret it! Example: that pastel cw of Hippopolis. It had a light yellow hem that I just didn’t care for. Now I’d kill to find that scarf! Another example: the giant Terres Precieuses in purple from a couple of years ago. I passed because of the yellow hem, even though I loved everything else about it. So here I am, again dithering over whether I’d be happy with a hem color I’m not crazy about... Has this ever happened to you? Am I being too neurotic???

Lastly, another cw of Sieste. Gorgeous, too, but I don’t like the beige on the trees. (Mind you, I am being super nitpicky because there are just too many amazing goodies this season and I have to have a way to control myself!)
6143746279e99f32ded701414c667f1f.jpg

I am dying try the cws that Pautinka and FugitiveRouge and Festus have!
Sooo .... did Animapolis go home with you? Enquiring minds want to know :smile:

So we all knew this was going to be a TERRIBLE season ... for our wallets! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
My H finally got some SS scarves in so I went to check it out this afternoon. I wound up very very surprised. I had the opposite problem as BBC just above this post - I fell in love with a scarf I had NO desire for when I first saw it flat. It’s one that many of you have oohed and ahhhed over and while I admired it on others, I did not like it for myself.

Yes, dear reader, it’s Animapolis! I thought it was way too busy and the reptiles were a major turn off - plus Godzilla takes up so much real estate. I heard my wallet heave a huge sigh of relief.

Well, I couldn’t resist trying it on in the store. Why not? I’d just be confirming that it’s not one for me. Well, whoa Nelly!!! It was a shock, a revelation!

I also saw the Duels design (can’t remember the whole name). This was just a “meh” on me, and it’s not just because the lighting is so yellow in the store:

But omg Sieste!!! The dark blue is divine, but I have one dilemma. I’m not crazy about the red contrast hem. This isn’t the best photo - it looks 100% better in real life:

I’ve always thought that I’d have to love every aspect of a scarf for me to buy full price - my heart better be weeping for joy! So in the past, I passed on a few designs because I didn’t love the hem color. Now I regret it! Example: that pastel cw of Hippopolis. It had a light yellow hem that I just didn’t care for. Now I’d kill to find that scarf! Another example: the giant Terres Precieuses in purple from a couple of years ago. I passed because of the yellow hem, even though I loved everything else about it. So here I am, again dithering over whether I’d be happy with a hem color I’m not crazy about... Has this ever happened to you? Am I being too neurotic???

Lastly, another cw of Sieste. Gorgeous, too, but I don’t like the beige on the trees. (Mind you, I am being super nitpicky because there are just too many amazing goodies this season and I have to have a way to control myself!)

@Joannadyne, that last Sieste (CW 8) is on my short list. The shells look purple in your photo while H's product photo looks more blue. How would you describe the color? thank you so much for sharing these photos.

Reactions: litchi
Reactions: BBC
I am already thinking about multiples. I bought 07 (red/blue/gold) and love it for winter. Now I’m debating 10 and and 09 for a brighter summer palette. After your post, I’m starting to love 03. It’s just trouble [emoji56][emoji28] I do love the blue cw but your pictures helped me push it down my list because I already have two very blue 140s and it doesn’t really add a use to my collection. It is very pretty though.
:giggle: :angel: I hope you'll be able to find them to try it so that you'll know for sure! :smile:

Such an elegant cw, @weN84! Was this your choice for Sieste? :smile: l thought the lake was silver from the H photos. Thanks for clarifying that it's lilac.
I had the same thought as you initially, until I saw that it's actually lilac! A nice surprise but alas, once tied it's mostly hidden. :sad: This was my initial pick when looking at stock pics, but I'm eager to hunt down 01, 05 and 08 to find the best cw for me. The colors in 01 that @csetcos bought are right up my alley. :hbeat:

What is the name of this scarf design? I want to look it up in this thread to see the other colors. It is AWESOME. Just a lovely artistic feel. Also, a modern vibe which I am really attracted to. Seeing this folded is just magical!
It's Larubizana.

:giggle: :angel: I hope you'll be able to find them to try it so that you'll know for sure! :smile:

I had the same thought as you initially, until I saw that it's actually lilac! A nice surprise but alas, once tied it's mostly hidden. :sad: This was my initial pick when looking at stock pics, but I'm eager to hunt down 01, 05 and 08 to find the best cw for me. The colors in 01 that @csetcos bought are right up my alley. :hbeat:

It's Larubizana.

I love all the cw’s of Sieste but can’t seem to find a photo of Sieste cw1. If it has been posted already, I would greatly appreciate a repost/redirect, if possible Thanks so much!

I love the blue one on you.

Reactions: scarf1
Thank you! The pinky mauve Sieste is truly lovely but I do wonder if the fig-colored sweater is to blame for setting it off so well. [emoji6] I try to wear neutrals when I know I’m headed to H but yesterday was more spur of the moment. Also the last two time I planned a visit and wore black, they didn’t have anything new in. ‍♀️

Thank you!! OK, a solid vote for the red hem! [emoji106]

Ohhh, will you post a mod shot of Animaplis on bright blue??? I just ordered a bright blue sweater and would loooove to see how this would look together!

You’re welcome - it’s my favorite kind of PSA! [emoji23]
Hopefully, it’ll help those who don’t have a store close by.

Haha, I am so tickled that you had the same experience with Animapolis! I totally agree that’s unlike anything else in my collection, too, and the liveliness is refreshing, isn’t it? I’ve never done a 180 like this before. I was so sure that this one was just not for me.

Oh, I forgot about the red cw of Sieste. Hmm, I’ll have to remember to try that one as well! Right now, I’m 80% sure the blue one will be mine. I love how the white branches on the blue remind me of a certain style of Asian ceramics.

Thank you, hannasophia!
I am dying to try Pautinka’s cw!! I do worry about that yellow hem, though. I seem to have an aversion to yellow gems for some odd reason.

I know, this is going to be so hard. I think the other factor is making sure I pick a cw that doesn’t duplicate the fuchsia 90 I have. Plus I think I’m starting to feel satiated with the purples I have. I’m feeling like I need to branch out into colors - gasp! - outside the pink/purple family. [emoji23] I think I might put electric blue streaks in my hair next. That’d go with the blue Sieste, haha!

Oh, good to know I’m not alone about being picky with hems! Have you ever bought a scarf with a hem color you didn’t like? If so, did you grow to like it? Or did it always bother you later?
I know what you mean about yellow. It's a colour that I don't go for naturally as I worry about how it will go with my hair, my skin, my eyes, my teeth.....but somehow this one works. I guessed that if I knew I suited the other colours in the scarf then the tone of the yellow would probably be ok....and it was! I think you would love the purple-fuchsia of the sky.

Omg I think I’ve missed a ton of posts in this thread! Just seeing this now and ohhhh, pivoines is so gorgeous tied!!!
(And as an aside, how do you guys conquer the cashmere bobble monsters??? I am being overrun by them but I love my sweaters!)
Thank you! It's a very elegant design. Re the bobbles, on my sweaters I use a comb or razor but on my CSGMs I only use a brush.

Oh yes, cw01 Sieste! More than the pretty cws, I'm eager to see if I can love the plume silk. I enjoy the heavy winter silk, but I remember trying out a 140cm spring silk two years ago and found it too light (someone said parachute silk?).