Scarves Hermès Spring/Summer '19 Scarves

Thank you! The pinky mauve Sieste is truly lovely but I do wonder if the fig-colored sweater is to blame for setting it off so well. [emoji6] I try to wear neutrals when I know I’m headed to H but yesterday was more spur of the moment. Also the last two time I planned a visit and wore black, they didn’t have anything new in. ‍♀️

Thank you!! OK, a solid vote for the red hem! [emoji106]

Ohhh, will you post a mod shot of Animaplis on bright blue??? I just ordered a bright blue sweater and would loooove to see how this would look together!

You’re welcome - it’s my favorite kind of PSA! [emoji23]
Hopefully, it’ll help those who don’t have a store close by.

Haha, I am so tickled that you had the same experience with Animapolis! I totally agree that’s unlike anything else in my collection, too, and the liveliness is refreshing, isn’t it? I’ve never done a 180 like this before. I was so sure that this one was just not for me.

Oh, I forgot about the red cw of Sieste. Hmm, I’ll have to remember to try that one as well! Right now, I’m 80% sure the blue one will be mine. I love how the white branches on the blue remind me of a certain style of Asian ceramics.

Thank you, hannasophia!
I am dying to try Pautinka’s cw!! I do worry about that yellow hem, though. I seem to have an aversion to yellow gems for some odd reason.

I know, this is going to be so hard. I think the other factor is making sure I pick a cw that doesn’t duplicate the fuchsia 90 I have. Plus I think I’m starting to feel satiated with the purples I have. I’m feeling like I need to branch out into colors - gasp! - outside the pink/purple family. [emoji23] I think I might put electric blue streaks in my hair next. That’d go with the blue Sieste, haha!

Oh, good to know I’m not alone about being picky with hems! Have you ever bought a scarf with a hem color you didn’t like? If so, did you grow to like it? Or did it always bother you later?

My last scarf, Coupé de Gala, has a yellow hem, a color I do not adore but on this scarf, it's a great feature. I love contrast hem, I think it could be a major feature. I have passed on PdS CSGM because the cw I was interested had a white hem (a color I find difficult to wear on scarf). For a CSGM, you better be double sure of your choice :smile:

@Joannadyne I love the blue Sieste au Paradis on you. I would love to live vicariously through you since it didn't work for me. (It was wearing me instead. :sad: )

Here's Sieste au Paradis cw 03. Love the lilac waters but sadly it's most hidden once tied. Now, to find the other cws (01, 05, and 08).. :search:
View attachment 4302600 View attachment 4302601 View attachment 4302602 View attachment 4302603 View attachment 4302605 View attachment 4302606 View attachment 4302607

Wen this is GORGEOUS! The folded photos are amazing. Did you end up getting it?

Reactions: LuxRaven
Omg I think I’ve missed a ton of posts in this thread! Just seeing this now and ohhhh, pivoines is so gorgeous tied!!!
(And as an aside, how do you guys conquer the cashmere bobble monsters??? I am being overrun by them but I love my sweaters!)
OT, and I don't know what others do, but I use the cashmere brush from The Laundress. Expensive, but you'll own it forever.
https://www.thelaundress.com/cashmere-brush.html
I also use their Delicate Wash when I have to wash my scarves... a hint I picked up on the "Cleaning Your H Scarves" thread!

It occurs to me that, between the Godzilla on Animapolis and all the various monsters on Sweet Dreams, that this must be the year of the Monster according to H. What clued me into that insight was I was looking at Sweet Dreams and wondering who would cuddle those formidable animals. And it occurred to me, Godzilla would! (Maybe this is the year of Godzilla?). Actually, the element of fantasy in these scarves is very charming and unexpected. Who would have thought?

Yes, I did but am not sure if I'm keeping it. Might exchange it for a different cw. :thinking: It does look better on me than the earlier ones I ordered online and returned (cw 04 and 06).

I am already thinking about multiples. I bought 07 (red/blue/gold) and love it for winter. Now I’m debating 10 and and 09 for a brighter summer palette. After your post, I’m starting to love 03. It’s just trouble [emoji56][emoji28] I do love the blue cw but your pictures helped me push it down my list because I already have two very blue 140s and it doesn’t really add a use to my collection. It is very pretty though.

So we all knew this was going to be a TERRIBLE season ... for our wallets! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
My H finally got some SS scarves in so I went to check it out this afternoon. I wound up very very surprised. I had the opposite problem as BBC just above this post - I fell in love with a scarf I had NO desire for when I first saw it flat. It’s one that many of you have oohed and ahhhed over and while I admired it on others, I did not like it for myself.

Yes, dear reader, it’s Animapolis! I thought it was way too busy and the reptiles were a major turn off - plus Godzilla takes up so much real estate. I heard my wallet heave a huge sigh of relief.

Well, I couldn’t resist trying it on in the store. Why not? I’d just be confirming that it’s not one for me. Well, whoa Nelly!!! It was a shock, a revelation!
3ce64b4cd90f028e8ec81ad02bd5e568.jpg

9023092ca5ac9b3739324850f80fe76c.jpg

However, this cw wasn’t as nice on me as the first one:
80300a7f02d1b8b939466a1475e36e79.jpg

I also saw the Duels design (can’t remember the whole name). This was just a “meh” on me, and it’s not just because the lighting is so yellow in the store:
e9b60fb2859f2e59eba054cb5379e407.jpg

But omg Sieste!!! The dark blue is divine, but I have one dilemma. I’m not crazy about the red contrast hem. This isn’t the best photo - it looks 100% better in real life:
da2701142d188e90c80910d1d9ffcd83.jpg

I’ve always thought that I’d have to love every aspect of a scarf for me to buy full price - my heart better be weeping for joy! So in the past, I passed on a few designs because I didn’t love the hem color. Now I regret it! Example: that pastel cw of Hippopolis. It had a light yellow hem that I just didn’t care for. Now I’d kill to find that scarf! Another example: the giant Terres Precieuses in purple from a couple of years ago. I passed because of the yellow hem, even though I loved everything else about it. So here I am, again dithering over whether I’d be happy with a hem color I’m not crazy about... Has this ever happened to you? Am I being too neurotic???

Lastly, another cw of Sieste. Gorgeous, too, but I don’t like the beige on the trees. (Mind you, I am being super nitpicky because there are just too many amazing goodies this season and I have to have a way to control myself!)
6143746279e99f32ded701414c667f1f.jpg

I am dying try the cws that Pautinka and FugitiveRouge and Festus have!
Think both of those Sieste CWs are beautiful! Personally I don’t mind the red hem on the first one. I do think I would prefer the scarf with a different color cardigan, though. To me the dark blue one looks more light me you, but you are the one who needs to be happy!
I have had a few scarves with contrast hem that I was “ meh” about, and they did grow on me after awhile.

Haha, that’s hilarious! Did you subsequently fall in love with the design afterwards? What hem colors are you drawn to the most? Does your method make for a varied collection or do your scarves wind up having similarities?
LOL! Yes, i fell in love with the design afterwards. I like hems that are harmonious with the design but unique enough that it doesn’t get lost on the eye when you look at it. This is the perfect example for me. I have this shawl but the hem caught my eye first. (Pic courtesy of the realreal.com)

Attachments

• 67FBF1D6-4A45-466B-A955-46BBE915D965.png
    67FBF1D6-4A45-466B-A955-46BBE915D965.png
    484.9 KB · Views: 629
Reactions: beekmanhill
@Joannadyne I love the blue Sieste au Paradis on you. I would love to live vicariously through you since it didn't work for me. (It was wearing me instead. :sad: )

Here's Sieste au Paradis cw 03. Love the lilac waters but sadly it's most hidden once tied. Now, to find the other cws (01, 05, and 08).. :search:
View attachment 4302600 View attachment 4302601 View attachment 4302602 View attachment 4302603 View attachment 4302605 View attachment 4302606 View attachment 4302607
Such an elegant cw, @weN84! Was this your choice for Sieste? :smile: l thought the lake was silver from the H photos. Thanks for clarifying that it's lilac.

@Joannadyne congrats on Animapolis and thank you for sharing photos of Sieste. Unless you are getting more than one, I think you should wait for the other cw's before choosing. Like you, @disappeared, @bunnycat, @QueenieQ and others - I've grown picky about contrast hems, especially white contrast hems. White hems (even on cw's I love) eventually morph into this annoying reminder that I've settled, that it's a compromise, and that I still don't like it. :frown:

Perfect match @Langsam!
I don't recall seeing Animapolis cw 06 mod shots posted yet. I didn't even think I would like Animapolis, then cw 05 happened, and somehow now cw 06. Hmm, how did that happen?! This design is just bananas and I really enjoy it. I'm finding that I like the busier scarves worn casually. I think Animapolis would've been truly fantastic as a washed silk.
Love how you wore this cw, @kadmia. Delightful eye-candy! :heart:

Reactions: kadmia and Langsam
So we all knew this was going to be a TERRIBLE season ... for our wallets! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
My H finally got some SS scarves in so I went to check it out this afternoon. I wound up very very surprised. I had the opposite problem as BBC just above this post - I fell in love with a scarf I had NO desire for when I first saw it flat. It’s one that many of you have oohed and ahhhed over and while I admired it on others, I did not like it for myself.

Yes, dear reader, it’s Animapolis! I thought it was way too busy and the reptiles were a major turn off - plus Godzilla takes up so much real estate. I heard my wallet heave a huge sigh of relief.

Well, I couldn’t resist trying it on in the store. Why not? I’d just be confirming that it’s not one for me. Well, whoa Nelly!!! It was a shock, a revelation!
3ce64b4cd90f028e8ec81ad02bd5e568.jpg

9023092ca5ac9b3739324850f80fe76c.jpg

However, this cw wasn’t as nice on me as the first one:
80300a7f02d1b8b939466a1475e36e79.jpg

I also saw the Duels design (can’t remember the whole name). This was just a “meh” on me, and it’s not just because the lighting is so yellow in the store:
e9b60fb2859f2e59eba054cb5379e407.jpg

But omg Sieste!!! The dark blue is divine, but I have one dilemma. I’m not crazy about the red contrast hem. This isn’t the best photo - it looks 100% better in real life:
da2701142d188e90c80910d1d9ffcd83.jpg

I’ve always thought that I’d have to love every aspect of a scarf for me to buy full price - my heart better be weeping for joy! So in the past, I passed on a few designs because I didn’t love the hem color. Now I regret it! Example: that pastel cw of Hippopolis. It had a light yellow hem that I just didn’t care for. Now I’d kill to find that scarf! Another example: the giant Terres Precieuses in purple from a couple of years ago. I passed because of the yellow hem, even though I loved everything else about it. So here I am, again dithering over whether I’d be happy with a hem color I’m not crazy about... Has this ever happened to you? Am I being too neurotic???

Lastly, another cw of Sieste. Gorgeous, too, but I don’t like the beige on the trees. (Mind you, I am being super nitpicky because there are just too many amazing goodies this season and I have to have a way to control myself!)
6143746279e99f32ded701414c667f1f.jpg

I am dying try the cws that Pautinka and FugitiveRouge and Festus have!

You know yourself so well. The ones you chose are so you (begging to differ on opinion about the red hem, it looks great)

Ill be surprised if you don't end up with the last Sieste too. I'm in love with that one and I'm even in too giant Plumes