Scarves Hermès Spring/Summer '19 Scarves

Madison had the one colorway of the one scarf I knew I wanted. [emoji172][emoji172][emoji172][emoji172][emoji172]

View attachment 4302266

View attachment 4302267

View attachment 4302268

View attachment 4302269

View attachment 4302272
I have to just jump in and tell you how much these photos you post are always so exceedingly helpful. This of course is gorgeous, as all of your choices seem to be!

So we all knew this was going to be a TERRIBLE season ... for our wallets! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
My H finally got some SS scarves in so I went to check it out this afternoon. I wound up very very surprised. I had the opposite problem as BBC just above this post - I fell in love with a scarf I had NO desire for when I first saw it flat. It’s one that many of you have oohed and ahhhed over and while I admired it on others, I did not like it for myself.

Yes, dear reader, it’s Animapolis! I thought it was way too busy and the reptiles were a major turn off - plus Godzilla takes up so much real estate. I heard my wallet heave a huge sigh of relief.

Well, I couldn’t resist trying it on in the store. Why not? I’d just be confirming that it’s not one for me. Well, whoa Nelly!!! It was a shock, a revelation!
3ce64b4cd90f028e8ec81ad02bd5e568.jpg

9023092ca5ac9b3739324850f80fe76c.jpg

However, this cw wasn’t as nice on me as the first one:
80300a7f02d1b8b939466a1475e36e79.jpg

I also saw the Duels design (can’t remember the whole name). This was just a “meh” on me, and it’s not just because the lighting is so yellow in the store:
e9b60fb2859f2e59eba054cb5379e407.jpg

But omg Sieste!!! The dark blue is divine, but I have one dilemma. I’m not crazy about the red contrast hem. This isn’t the best photo - it looks 100% better in real life:
da2701142d188e90c80910d1d9ffcd83.jpg

I’ve always thought that I’d have to love every aspect of a scarf for me to buy full price - my heart better be weeping for joy! So in the past, I passed on a few designs because I didn’t love the hem color. Now I regret it! Example: that pastel cw of Hippopolis. It had a light yellow hem that I just didn’t care for. Now I’d kill to find that scarf! Another example: the giant Terres Precieuses in purple from a couple of years ago. I passed because of the yellow hem, even though I loved everything else about it. So here I am, again dithering over whether I’d be happy with a hem color I’m not crazy about... Has this ever happened to you? Am I being too neurotic???

Lastly, another cw of Sieste. Gorgeous, too, but I don’t like the beige on the trees. (Mind you, I am being super nitpicky because there are just too many amazing goodies this season and I have to have a way to control myself!)
6143746279e99f32ded701414c667f1f.jpg

I am dying try the cws that Pautinka and FugitiveRouge and Festus have!
Wow Joannadyne, we both had the same experience with Animapolis! I too was not interested and lo and behold I tried CW 01 like you, and guess what came home with me?! It is such a lively mix of colors and very different from anything else in my collection, so I am glad I decided to get it. I tried the same Duels, and was sorely tempted by that one too. Also like you, the other scarf I need to try is Sieste, and for me, hopefully the primarily red CW will work. I do love the one with the red hem on you though....:graucho:

So we all knew this was going to be a TERRIBLE season ... for our wallets! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
My H finally got some SS scarves in so I went to check it out this afternoon. I wound up very very surprised. I had the opposite problem as BBC just above this post - I fell in love with a scarf I had NO desire for when I first saw it flat. It’s one that many of you have oohed and ahhhed over and while I admired it on others, I did not like it for myself.

Yes, dear reader, it’s Animapolis! I thought it was way too busy and the reptiles were a major turn off - plus Godzilla takes up so much real estate. I heard my wallet heave a huge sigh of relief.

Well, I couldn’t resist trying it on in the store. Why not? I’d just be confirming that it’s not one for me. Well, whoa Nelly!!! It was a shock, a revelation!

I also saw the Duels design (can’t remember the whole name). This was just a “meh” on me, and it’s not just because the lighting is so yellow in the store:

But omg Sieste!!! The dark blue is divine, but I have one dilemma. I’m not crazy about the red contrast hem. This isn’t the best photo - it looks 100% better in real life:

I’ve always thought that I’d have to love every aspect of a scarf for me to buy full price - my heart better be weeping for joy! So in the past, I passed on a few designs because I didn’t love the hem color. Now I regret it! Example: that pastel cw of Hippopolis. It had a light yellow hem that I just didn’t care for. Now I’d kill to find that scarf! Another example: the giant Terres Precieuses in purple from a couple of years ago. I passed because of the yellow hem, even though I loved everything else about it. So here I am, again dithering over whether I’d be happy with a hem color I’m not crazy about... Has this ever happened to you? Am I being too neurotic???

Lastly, another cw of Sieste. Gorgeous, too, but I don’t like the beige on the trees. (Mind you, I am being super nitpicky because there are just too many amazing goodies this season and I have to have a way to control myself!)

They all look wonderful on you! I love how the second sieste is more mauve than pale pink per Hermes.com but agree the blue is made for you. I think pautinka’s cw with the hot pink would also look lovely on you. Thanks for sharing!

Go for it! 01 looks wonderful on black and many other colors, I wore it with a bright blue tunic and it popped, and like GoGlam and mlchs said, it looks great and I got compliments too. I tied it so much of the scarf shows, and people loved it. (i love it too, whimsical and animal themed, two of my favorite things, I’m still in awe of the artist and the sheer scale of what he did). Good luck, I bet you will look great. :smile:

Thanks for the encouragement! I’m disappointed I can’t try it out today but definitely next week.

Reactions: DrTr

I hear you about the beige trees, but I think this last Sieste looks great on you. The overall effect is lovely. I know you already have lots of purple, but....

Reactions: Maedi
Darling Nahreen I just love this twiily! The soft pink and purple... and of course the design itself...GAHHHHHH
Do you think the taupey/goldish color of the twilly would blend well with a gold birkin?
Or is the color more like a Trench/Gris T shade?

My small contribution to this thread. Tree of sing twilly. I bought it to use with my K wallet. It has so lovely colours. It is winter here so difficult with the lighting.
a6fd83a14d6973653ffdf7c97ca7b096.jpg
9d5e55553676a3d66744ffa61853b55f.jpg
2ad343a7e44e2690f0ab4f37649c9f63.jpg
54f2950b1cc7440bbb0974405db9876a.jpg

Good gracious!!! I know I'm late commenting (running behind on this thread) but I had to say this is perfection with your hair!!!! Just amazing!

My sieste cw 07 has arrived! I love the silk plume. It’s my first one. Normally I go for the winter 140cm silks, but it’s 64 degrees here in dec and this weight is perfect. I’m also loving the red ahead of Christmas! [emoji173]️[emoji173]️
e226559e735cfcaab4ad9c41bdda55e6.jpg
db171b7c18bb254e9f6fa342fe8d740d.jpg
30a87400c9141ecd345f6d90b6a66e12.jpg
01dfd52bb4eacd60417510d2567616a0.jpg
2f79bb673c312a7f0eca08738dc09978.jpg
c47e8be3d217a8deb55e13d6dcaff4a6.jpg

Reactions: hannahsophia

I’m the same with the hems. The beige Sieste is DIVINE!

Reactions: papertiger
That blue is so beautiful. I love the red contrast hem, too. I'm getting tempted, but I know I have my heart set on L'Art du Bojagi and that hot pink Dragons, so I'm going to resist.

I think the second CW is so you. The dusty pinks and violets are squarely in your wheelhouse. The ochre trees are more like gold accents; that color would go so well with many neutral leather bags and shoes and gold jewelry. It's not so pronounced that the effect washed you out.

Thank you! The pinky mauve Sieste is truly lovely but I do wonder if the fig-colored sweater is to blame for setting it off so well. [emoji6] I try to wear neutrals when I know I’m headed to H but yesterday was more spur of the moment. Also the last two time I planned a visit and wore black, they didn’t have anything new in. ‍♀️

Both Sieste are fantastic! I can wait to try the first CW, I think the red hem is really chic. The second cw was not on my radar but your picture makes it lovely. It suits you very well IMO.
Thank you!! OK, a solid vote for the red hem! [emoji106]

Go for it! 01 looks wonderful on black and many other colors, I wore it with a bright blue tunic and it popped, and like GoGlam and mlchs said, it looks great and I got compliments too. I tied it so much of the scarf shows, and people loved it. (i love it too, whimsical and animal themed, two of my favorite things, I’m still in awe of the artist and the sheer scale of what he did). Good luck, I bet you will look great. :smile:

Ohhh, will you post a mod shot of Animaplis on bright blue??? I just ordered a bright blue sweater and would loooove to see how this would look together!

They look gorgeous on you! And yes, bad season for wallets! Thanks for posting so many scarves.

You’re welcome - it’s my favorite kind of PSA! [emoji23]
Hopefully, it’ll help those who don’t have a store close by.

Wow Joannadyne, we both had the same experience with Animapolis! I too was not interested and lo and behold I tried CW 01 like you, and guess what came home with me?! It is such a lively mix of colors and very different from anything else in my collection, so I am glad I decided to get it. I tried the same Duels, and was sorely tempted by that one too. Also like you, the other scarf I need to try is Sieste, and for me, hopefully the primarily red CW will work. I do love the one with the red hem on you though....:graucho:

Haha, I am so tickled that you had the same experience with Animapolis! I totally agree that’s unlike anything else in my collection, too, and the liveliness is refreshing, isn’t it? I’ve never done a 180 like this before. I was so sure that this one was just not for me.

Oh, I forgot about the red cw of Sieste. Hmm, I’ll have to remember to try that one as well! Right now, I’m 80% sure the blue one will be mine. I love how the white branches on the blue remind me of a certain style of Asian ceramics.

They all look wonderful on you! I love how the second sieste is more mauve than pale pink per Hermes.com but agree the blue is made for you. I think pautinka’s cw with the hot pink would also look lovely on you. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you, hannasophia!
I am dying to try Pautinka’s cw!! I do worry about that yellow hem, though. I seem to have an aversion to yellow gems for some odd reason.

I hear you about the beige trees, but I think this last Sieste looks great on you. The overall effect is lovely. I know you already have lots of purple, but....

I know, this is going to be so hard. I think the other factor is making sure I pick a cw that doesn’t duplicate the fuchsia 90 I have. Plus I think I’m starting to feel satiated with the purples I have. I’m feeling like I need to branch out into colors - gasp! - outside the pink/purple family. [emoji23] I think I might put electric blue streaks in my hair next. That’d go with the blue Sieste, haha!

I’m the same with the hems. The beige Sieste is DIVINE!
Oh, good to know I’m not alone about being picky with hems! Have you ever bought a scarf with a hem color you didn’t like? If so, did you grow to like it? Or did it always bother you later?

Madison had the one colorway of the one scarf I knew I wanted. [emoji172][emoji172][emoji172][emoji172][emoji172]

View attachment 4302266

View attachment 4302267

View attachment 4302268

View attachment 4302269

View attachment 4302272

BBC- that's gorgeous! His designs are so well suited to large formats!

I love the 1st CW of Animopolis on you! And for Siesta- I think in your place, I'd go with the blue one. Although I am picky about contrast hems, I would have more problems with the beige trees....but I also think you should look at Pautinka's CW if you can just to make sure!

FWIW- I don't like white contrast hems...and so that is why I initially thought I wouldn't get the pink Baobab Cat because of the hem...but of course...thats the one I have and I don't regret it. There's so much else for me to like I don't pay attention to the white hem and really, there's no other hem color that would have been better for it in hindsight....

Darling Nahreen I just love this twiily! The soft pink and purple... and of course the design itself...GAHHHHHH
Do you think the taupey/goldish color of the twilly would blend well with a gold birkin?
Or is the color more like a Trench/Gris T shade?

Dear IF,

Thank you so much. I think it would look lovely with a pink bag!

I don`t own anything in gold, trench or gris T so I can`t post any comparison pics. I tested it with my beige/sand looking Dior and it works fine with the goldish leaves and does not clash with the pink background. It was not as nice when I looked at it next to my brown canvas LV because of the pink background. So probably nicer with lighter brown/beige colours.

BBC- that's gorgeous! His designs are so well suited to large formats!

I love the 1st CW of Animopolis on you! And for Siesta- I think in your place, I'd go with the blue one. Although I am picky about contrast hems, I would have more problems with the beige trees....but I also think you should look at Pautinka's CW if you can just to make sure!

You put it so succinctly, dear Bunnycat! I do have more problems with the beige trees than the red hem. Even if the beige works in total harmony with the rest of the colors on the scarf, beige makes me feel invisible and/or nekkid, aka washes me out. In general, I have issues with browns. And yes, I’m waiting for Pautinka’s gorgeous cw!

Reactions: bunnycat
And you too fifi. It's always a bit of a relief when normal service resumes, no matter how much fun it has all been.
You and @Joannadyne are correct - my Sieste has the emerald green lake (which you can't see in my pic. I will take more pics soon, promise.).
In the meantime, today is a Pivoines day and I thought this knot showed off some of the pattern and colours quite nicely. As always, the cashmere bobble monsters that are invisible IRL but that love to photo bomb have made an appearance so sorry for the scruffy look of the sweater. [emoji21]
View attachment 4298426

Omg I think I’ve missed a ton of posts in this thread! Just seeing this now and ohhhh, pivoines is so gorgeous tied!!!
(And as an aside, how do you guys conquer the cashmere bobble monsters??? I am being overrun by them but I love my sweaters!)

Reactions: Pautinka
Thank you! The pinky mauve Sieste is truly lovely but I do wonder if the fig-colored sweater is to blame for setting it off so well.
emoji6.png
I try to wear neutrals when I know I’m headed to H but yesterday was more spur of the moment. Also the last two time I planned a visit and wore black, they didn’t have anything new in. ‍♀️

Thank you!! OK, a solid vote for the red hem!
emoji106.png

Ohhh, will you post a mod shot of Animaplis on bright blue??? I just ordered a bright blue sweater and would loooove to see how this would look together!

You’re welcome - it’s my favorite kind of PSA!
emoji23.png

Haha, I am so tickled that you had the same experience with Animapolis! I totally agree that’s unlike anything else in my collection, too, and the liveliness is refreshing, isn’t it? I’ve never done a 180 like this before. I was so sure that this one was just not for me.

Oh, I forgot about the red cw of Sieste. Hmm, I’ll have to remember to try that one as well! Right now, I’m 80% sure the blue one will be mine. I love how the white branches on the blue remind me of a certain style of Asian ceramics.

Thank you, hannasophia!
I am dying to try Pautinka’s cw!! I do worry about that yellow hem, though. I seem to haveOh, good to know I’m not alone about being picky with hems! Have you ever bought a scarf with a hem color you didn’t like? If so, did you grow to like it? Or did it always bother you later?
Thank you! The pinky mauve Sieste is truly lovely but I do wonder if the fig-colored sweater is to blame for setting it off so well. [emoji6] I try to wear neutrals when I know I’m headed to H but yesterday was more spur of the moment. Also the last two time I planned a visit and wore black, they didn’t have anything new in. ‍♀️

Thank you!! OK, a solid vote for the red hem! [emoji106]

You’re welcome - it’s my favorite kind of PSA! [emoji23]

Thank you, hannasophia!
I am dying to try Pautinka’s cw!! I do worry about that yellow hem, though. I seem to have an aversion to yellow gems for some odd reason.

I know, this is going to be so hard. I think the other factor is making sure I pick a cw that doesn’t duplicate the fuchsia 90 I have. Plus I think I’m starting to feel satiated with the purples I have. I’m feeling like I need to branch out into colors - gasp! - outside the pink/purple family. [emoji23] I think I might put electric blue streaks in my hair next. That’d go with the blue Sieste, haha!

Oh, good to know I’m not alone about being picky with hems! Have you ever bought a scarf with a hem color you didn’t like? If so, did you grow to like it? Or did it always bother you later?
nope, because my eye just zooms in on the hem. The hem is actually a deal breaker for me if I dont like it. On the other hand, if I am in love with the hem and not 100% of the scarf design, I end up buying the scarf. I’m so backwards. LOL!

nope, because my eye just zooms in on the hem. The hem is actually a deal breaker for me if I dont like it. On the other hand, if I am in love with the hem and not 100% of the scarf design, I end up buying the scarf. I’m so backwards. LOL!

Haha, that’s hilarious! Did you subsequently fall in love with the design afterwards? What hem colors are you drawn to the most? Does your method make for a varied collection or do your scarves wind up having similarities?