Scarves Hermès Spring/Summer '19 Scarves

I just received animapolis 01! I didn’t have time to snap pictures but it’s already been so highly photographed. It’s a lot more neon than I expected, mostly in the middle. Definitely my busiest scarf and going to take a bit of courage to wear to work.

I wore my animapolis 01 to work a week or so ago—with a camel and black color palette for my outfit. I was so happy with the scarf and got some very nice compliments! I feel you can’t go wrong wearing this with any color palette (but I personally will probably avoid a very busy outfit when wearing this scarf).

I wore my animapolis 01 to work a week or so ago—with a camel and black color palette for my outfit. I was so happy with the scarf and got some very nice compliments! I feel you can’t go wrong wearing this with any color palette (but I personally will probably avoid a very busy outfit when wearing this scarf).
I wore the same CW to work this week with grey wool pants, white silk button-down, and a green cardigan. It came together well and I didn't get any strange looks from colleagues (even received a few compliments).

I wore the same CW to work this week with grey wool pants, white silk button-down, and a green cardigan. It came together well and I didn't get any strange looks from colleagues (even received a few compliments).

Ah thanks for the ideas ladies! I think I’m going to try a safe black sweater first. Would love to see some pictures of outfits if you have a chance!

So we all knew this was going to be a TERRIBLE season ... for our wallets! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
My H finally got some SS scarves in so I went to check it out this afternoon. I wound up very very surprised. I had the opposite problem as BBC just above this post - I fell in love with a scarf I had NO desire for when I first saw it flat. It’s one that many of you have oohed and ahhhed over and while I admired it on others, I did not like it for myself.

Yes, dear reader, it’s Animapolis! I thought it was way too busy and the reptiles were a major turn off - plus Godzilla takes up so much real estate. I heard my wallet heave a huge sigh of relief.

Well, I couldn’t resist trying it on in the store. Why not? I’d just be confirming that it’s not one for me. Well, whoa Nelly!!! It was a shock, a revelation!
3ce64b4cd90f028e8ec81ad02bd5e568.jpg

9023092ca5ac9b3739324850f80fe76c.jpg

However, this cw wasn’t as nice on me as the first one:
80300a7f02d1b8b939466a1475e36e79.jpg

I also saw the Duels design (can’t remember the whole name). This was just a “meh” on me, and it’s not just because the lighting is so yellow in the store:
e9b60fb2859f2e59eba054cb5379e407.jpg

But omg Sieste!!! The dark blue is divine, but I have one dilemma. I’m not crazy about the red contrast hem. This isn’t the best photo - it looks 100% better in real life:
da2701142d188e90c80910d1d9ffcd83.jpg

I’ve always thought that I’d have to love every aspect of a scarf for me to buy full price - my heart better be weeping for joy! So in the past, I passed on a few designs because I didn’t love the hem color. Now I regret it! Example: that pastel cw of Hippopolis. It had a light yellow hem that I just didn’t care for. Now I’d kill to find that scarf! Another example: the giant Terres Precieuses in purple from a couple of years ago. I passed because of the yellow hem, even though I loved everything else about it. So here I am, again dithering over whether I’d be happy with a hem color I’m not crazy about... Has this ever happened to you? Am I being too neurotic???

Lastly, another cw of Sieste. Gorgeous, too, but I don’t like the beige on the trees. (Mind you, I am being super nitpicky because there are just too many amazing goodies this season and I have to have a way to control myself!)
6143746279e99f32ded701414c667f1f.jpg

I am dying try the cws that Pautinka and FugitiveRouge and Festus have!

Last edited:
So we all knew this was going to be a TERRIBLE season ... for our wallets! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
My H finally got some SS scarves in so I went to check it out this afternoon. I wound up very very surprised. I had the opposite problem as BBC just above this post - I fell in love with a scarf I had NO desire for when I first saw it flat. It’s one that many of you have oohed and ahhhed over and while I admired it on others, I did not like it for myself.

Yes, dear reader, it’s Animapolis! I thought it was way too busy and the reptiles were a major turn off - plus Godzilla takes up so much real estate. I heard my wallet heave a huge sigh of relief.

Well, I couldn’t resist trying it on in the store. Why not? I’d just be confirming that it’s not one for me. Well, whoa Nelly!!! It was a shock, a revelation!

I also saw the Duels design (can’t remember the whole name). This was just a “meh” on me, and it’s not just because the lighting is so yellow in the store:

But omg Sieste!!! The dark blue is divine, but I have one dilemma. I’m not crazy about the red contrast hem. This isn’t the best photo - it looks 100% better in real life:

I’ve always thought that I’d have to love every aspect of a scarf for me to buy full price - my heart better be weeping for joy! So in the past, I passed on a few designs because I didn’t love the hem color. Now I regret it! Example: that pastel cw of Hippopolis. It had a light yellow hem that I just didn’t care for. Now I’d kill to find that scarf! Another example: the giant Terres Precieuses in purple from a couple of years ago. I passed because of the yellow hem, even though I loved everything else about it. So here I am, again dithering over whether I’d be happy with a hem color I’m not crazy about... Has this ever happened to you? Am I being too neurotic???

Lastly, another cw of Sieste. Gorgeous, too, but I don’t like the beige on the trees. (Mind you, I am being super nitpicky because there are just too many amazing goodies this season and I have to have a way to control myself!)
Animapolis in your preferred color is fabulous on you and I am very smitten with the second Sieste. It is so soft and pretty.

That blue is so beautiful. I love the red contrast hem, too. I'm getting tempted, but I know I have my heart set on L'Art du Bojagi and that hot pink Dragons, so I'm going to resist.

I think the second CW is so you. The dusty pinks and violets are squarely in your wheelhouse. The ochre trees are more like gold accents; that color would go so well with many neutral leather bags and shoes and gold jewelry. It's not so pronounced that the effect washed you out.

Both Sieste are fantastic! I can wait to try the first CW, I think the red hem is really chic. The second cw was not on my radar but your picture makes it lovely. It suits you very well IMO.

I just received animapolis 01! I didn’t have time to snap pictures but it’s already been so highly photographed. It’s a lot more neon than I expected, mostly in the middle. Definitely my busiest scarf and going to take a bit of courage to wear to work.
Go for it! 01 looks wonderful on black and many other colors, I wore it with a bright blue tunic and it popped, and like GoGlam and mlchs said, it looks great and I got compliments too. I tied it so much of the scarf shows, and people loved it. (i love it too, whimsical and animal themed, two of my favorite things, I’m still in awe of the artist and the sheer scale of what he did). Good luck, I bet you will look great. :smile:

Last edited:

They look gorgeous on you! And yes, bad season for wallets! Thanks for posting so many scarves.

Reactions: beekmanhill