Coach Outlet x Wizard of Oz

I wish they'd done the Toto-and-slippers "Wizard of Oz" print in something larger than a zip-around wallet and that super-tiny Sierra satchel! It's so cute!

I like the bear charms, but don't know that I need all of them. I may end up getting just the Wicked Witch one.
It seems like at Outlet AND full-price none of the capsule collections have a full-zip wallet anymore. Dark Fairytale, no. Wizard of Oz, no. The current pyramid eye thing happening at full-price, no. I really needed a wallet and ended up buying the rainbow skyline one from the outlet which is nice but i would have spent more for something more special.

I wasn't planning to collect the Coach Wizard of Oz pieces because I already have a lot of Coach stuff! But I shopped the outlets in Rosemont IL and Aurora IL before Christmas and somehow I managed to pick up 3 Oz items as possible gifts - except that I kept them for myself!

I was at the Aurora IL outlet again yesterday (to return a purchsase) and I bought 2 more Oz pieces; I see a pattern developing! I kind of wish that I had gotten a few more items when they first came out!

Anyway, here is the list of my Oz items and some pictures, I paid $151 total for all of them. I got the Tin Man fob and the charm bracelet at the outlet yesterday, so there are still a few pieces available!
  • Charm Necklace, F39686 GD E1L: $44; MSRP $195
  • Charm Bracelet, F38034 GD E1L: $41; MSRP $135
  • Emerald Stud Earrings, F38036 GD GRN: $12; MSRP $55
  • Wicked Witch fob, F35248 BK GRN: $27; MSRP $90
  • Tin Man fob, F35246 SV SV: $27; MSRP $90
WizardOZ_005.jpg

WizardOZ_007.jpg

WizardOZ_006.jpg

WizardOZ_002.jpg

Last edited:
I received my tinman today and noticed a tiny screw looking thing sitting on the paper when I unwrapped it. Looked him over and noticed one of the buttons on his front was missing. Just wanted to warn everyone they may want to double check theirs and keep and eye on the in the futureView attachment 4278458 View attachment 4278457

I bought the Tin Man fob at the outlet yesterday and he is intact, but thanks for the warning about the loose buttons! Did you glue the button back in and has it stayed put?

An old trick that TPFers have used in the past to help secure the crystals in pave coach jewelry is to paint a thin layer of clear nail polish over the crystals - but that might not look too good on a silver metal fob like the Tin Man!

Anyway, if anyone has suggestions to help keep your Wizard of Oz charm intact, please share them!

Reactions: tealocean and sb2
I bought the Tin Man fob at the outlet yesterday and he is intact, but thanks for the warning about the loose buttons! Did you glue the button back in and has it stayed put?

An old trick that TPFers have used in the past to help secure the crystals in pave coach jewelry is to paint a thin layer of clear nail polish over the crystals - but that might not look too good on a silver metal fob like the Tin Man!

Anyway, if anyone has suggestions to help keep your Wizard of Oz charm intact, please share them!

Thanks for the suggestion. I haven’t done anything with it yet. I kept it wrapped and set it aside. I thought about the nail polish but figured the same thing that it wouldn’t be really clear on the metal. I may just dip in super glue and see what happens but I haven’t yet. I figured if I returned it I probably wouldn’t get another so I am sitting on it till I know a good game plan for it.

Reactions: tealocean and katev
Thanks for the suggestion. I haven’t done anything with it yet. I kept it wrapped and set it aside. I thought about the nail polish but figured the same thing that it wouldn’t be really clear on the metal. I may just dip in super glue and see what happens but I haven’t yet. I figured if I returned it I probably wouldn’t get another so I am sitting on it till I know a good game plan for it.
Aleen's Tacky glue (clear drying) is amazing. It has worked well for me on everything from fabric to wood to gluing a stone on an inexpensive bag charm.

Your nail polish idea made me wonder if it could work as a coating on hardware. Or might it make things worse? Have you ever used the clear nail polish or thinned glue or anything else ;) to protect the hardware (dark copper or gunmetal) so it won't chip?

I wasn't planning to collect the Coach Wizard of Oz pieces because I already have a lot of Coach stuff! But I shopped the outlets in Rosemont IL and Aurora IL before Christmas and somehow I managed to pick up 3 Oz items as possible gifts - except that I kept them for myself!

I was at the Aurora IL outlet again yesterday (to return a purchsase) and I bought 2 more Oz pieces; I see a pattern developing! I kind of wish that I had gotten a few more items when they first came out!

Anyway, here is the list of my Oz items and some pictures, I paid $151 total for all of them. I got the Tin Man fob and the charm bracelet at the outlet yesterday, so there are still a few pieces available!
  • Charm Necklace, F39686 GD E1L: $44; MSRP $195
  • Charm Bracelet, F38034 GD E1L: $41; MSRP $135
  • Emerald Stud Earrings, F38036 GD GRN: $12; MSRP $55
  • Wicked Witch fob, F35248 BK GRN: $27; MSRP $90
  • Tin Man fob, F35246 SV SV: $27; MSRP $90
View attachment 4300983

View attachment 4300984

View attachment 4300985

View attachment 4300977
Oh that Tin Man especially is adorable!! I like those emerald earrings and all the cute charms.

Reactions: katev
Your nail polish idea made me wonder if it could work as a coating on hardware. Or might it make things worse? Have you ever used the clear nail polish or thinned glue or anything else ;) to protect the hardware (dark copper or gunmetal) so it won't chip?
I think someone mentioned clear nail polish on hardware in the rehab thread awhile back. I don't recall seeing any pictures or hearing any follow-up.

Reactions: tealocean