Used city steamer?

madzia

O.G.
Jun 27, 2006
hi, need some advice...

I went to a Neiman Marcus LV today to exchange one of my recalled bags for the city steamer in black. I was distracted, SA was kind of rude and acting like she was doing me a favor, I knew what I came in for and wanted to get in and get out ASAP.

I failed to inspect the steamer. I get home and notice several scuffs at the bottom of my bag. The outside looks ok aside from a couple tiny scuffs and fingerprints on the hardware. Pictures below.

My question is, can I exchange it for a new one? Would this bother you? I asked the SA if I can exchange it like a normal purchase if I change my mind and she said no...
As I’m typing this it is bugging me more and more, anything I can do?

Thank you!

EDA9F125-1673-4296-9A96-EE356449D880.jpeg 7F47F72D-8ECF-4C76-AA48-C3B9F28F0C0F.jpeg 243F6D6F-D400-4DF6-B2A4-F8A0EE39E0A4.jpeg

Why wouldn’t you be allowed to exchange it? That’s outrageous! Go back to the LV store at NM and tell them exactly what you told us! I u dersysbs scuffs from mishandling it in the store; however. I can’t understand why there are scuffs inside the bag, so apparently someone had to use it. IMO

Reactions: madzia
Was it on display? I took a PM that was on display as it was the only one available in pink when I exchanged my defective bag. The SA did point out that the bottom of the bag had a couple of marks from being handled by customers and that he would take a little cleaner from the back and see if it disappears - if not he would order me a new one - but he came back with it and it looked fine so I took it. If you’re not satisfied I would definitely go back and have the situation fixed - good luck!

Can you try a different store? I know what you mean because it was a recall exchange situation and we had to choose bags that were in stock ie on display. I did get the impression that it was a one off deal, so will be interesting to see whether they will allow you to exchange. As Fab said, don't wait too long to take it back. Be firm, but not aggressive and see what happens. As to your question, no it wouldn't bother me, but I am a don't sweat the small stuff kind of person. It does drive my DH crazy. Lol.

Was it on display? I took a PM that was on display as it was the only one available in pink when I exchanged my defective bag. The SA did point out that the bottom of the bag had a couple of marks from being handled by customers and that he would take a little cleaner from the back and see if it disappears - if not he would order me a new one - but he came back with it and it looked fine so I took it. If you’re not satisfied I would definitely go back and have the situation fixed - good luck!

Yes, it was from the display and it was the only one in store. No one pointed out the marks...the outside ones wouldn’t bother me that much since you really have to look for them but the inside annoys me, I want to make my own marks ‍♀️