Rumour re: Louis Vuitton Recall?

Do they credit the cost of the bag plus the taxes you paid or you have to pay taxes again? I would be upset if they don't give you the whole amount (taxes included) with store credit.

I was told by client services - it was the value of the bag “excluding” tax - which I could not understand.
However when I did the exchange my SA credited me the value of the bag “including” the tax.
Maybe someone else will reply to this question too because idk if my SA made an error or the person at client services made the error.

Do they credit the cost of the bag plus the taxes you paid or you have to pay taxes again? I would be upset if they don't give you the whole amount (taxes included) with store credit.

I had 3 bags that were defective and I received credit for current purchased price + taxes. One of the bags was discontinued and LV gave me the last selling price (+taxes). Hope this helps!

Reactions: jellyv
I just a got the bad news regarding some bags I bought in 2014 and 2015. For my PM, i can get a credit or reorder a new PM. Regarding the other bag, my speedy empreinte it is another story. The bandoulière and the handles have glazing issue. They offer me a brand new strap but not replacement of the handles. Or i can get a store credit.
As the speedy has not the same style as the one i have, i am very torn on what To do. What do you think about it? Anyone in the same struggle? I just love my old speedy but i am scared it goes worst with time.

I would take the credit since it could get worse. My Bastille declined very quickly.

I have one of the bags that’s being recalled..just to clarify, does it need to show the glazing or stickiness issues or is it ok to bring it in for store credit as long as it’s one the recall list?

I had also glazing issues and my coat was totally stained. Was really mad about that. Therefore, take the store credit because you will not be happy if this happens to your clothes.

Did they pay for your dry cleaning bill because they asked me if my sweater was ruined or stained and I said no I washed it and it came out. Then the SA told me they pay for dry cleaning if the clothing was damaged from the bag. I do not know the process that would have to be done in order to get the reimbursement.

Reactions: Fally420
Did they pay for your dry cleaning bill because they asked me if my sweater was ruined or stained and I said no I washed it and it came out. Then the SA told me they pay for dry cleaning if the clothing was damaged from the bag. I do not know the process that would have to be done in order to get the reimbursement.
Yes, they do; my store also has paid to replace items (one was an Hermes scarf)

Reactions: Fally420

wow, that sounds like a wonderful service. Didn‘t know that they offer to pay the cleaning bill.

Though I told them about my ruined trenchcoat, they offered me nothing, the SA just said sorry and that was it. I was even afraid they won‘t do anything about the glazing issue (read about it here in a few threads) since the bag was from 2013 and didn‘t know a few months ago that they will start to recall bags now.

Thanks for your info! Love these forum for such helpful information!

Reactions: LoveLVSpeedy