Are Gucci Marmont bags more for millennials than "boomers"?

Honestly, it all depends on who's wearing the bag. I just turned 29, and even when the bag was first released, I felt "too old" for it. It looked too "juvenile" for my liking, ON ME, that is. The bags on their own are really nice bags, I see them on others who look amazing and wears them beautifully and with class, regardless of age.

This applies to a number of styles from various brands, ofc, not only the Marmont. I guess it has to do with personal style/face/body. It doesn't match with my personality nor my looks.

Last edited:
When I re-read my post I noticed that my whole thought with the post was kind of left out, so I just want to clarify that the point I tried to make out of all that blablabla was: How do YOU feel wearing it? That's what matters. Do you feel/think that it looks too "young"? Then it might not compliment your look, and you might not end up comfortable wearing it, and that will show.

But if you think it looks great on you and you feel confident wearing it, that will shine through and you'll rock that bag better than any 22 year old out there ever will! :cool:

When I re-read my post I noticed that my whole thought with the post was kind of left out, so I just want to clarify that the point I tried to make out of all that blablabla was: How do YOU feel wearing it? That's what matters. Do you feel/think that it looks too "young"? Then it might not compliment your look, and you might not end up comfortable wearing it, and that will show.

But if you think it looks great on you and you feel confident wearing it, that will shine through and you'll rock that bag better than any 22 year old out there ever will! :cool:
Amen to that !
"J!m"

Reactions: Thenewestgirl
It’s a flap bag with a chain strap. If it’s too young for a boomer than a Chanel classic flap is also too young. And, I think most people think the C classic flap looks “old”.

Honestly, unless a bag has a picture of Justin Bieber on it or has an embedded AARP card, how could it possibly be for a certain age group? I never understand how bags are assigned an age range. I just never see it so it puzzles me truly.