The JADE thread!

View attachment 4297939

My family is in the jewelry business and my grandpa was a goldsmith. This jade ring is one of his earlier pieces and the ring was made completely by hand by him. This ring was passed on to me after he passed away and I consider it to be a family heirloom piece. A small piece of my grandpa is still with me through this ring. It’s a simple design but enjoy wearing it.

Your ring is gorgeous! I love the simple design - lets the jade shine. Beautiful and so awesome that your grandpa made this ring.

Hello jadies! This is my first post on the thread.

I discovered this thread a week or so ago and I wanted to say hi and your jades are all so beautiful. Thanks for posting all the pics and info!
I am very new to jade but after poking around online sellers I am building up a dangerously growing collection of beaded bracelets (Most of which I immediately restring to my liking. I don't know if it is getting to know the jade or control freaky.)
In the mean time, here is my first bangle, Fog. I think dainty princess bangles (this one is only 8mm) look better on myView attachment 4298018 wrist. I like Fog's subtle energy and colors which are very calming for a meditative state, but I am still looking for an everyday bangle. I just ordered a D shaped one. Hope it arrives soon!

Welcome Jadeitebear! This dainty princess looks like it was made for you:smile:. I would love to see your d shape bangle when it arrives and hear how it compares to wearing a princess for you. [emoji4]

Welcome Jadeitebear! This dainty princess looks like it was made for you:smile:. I would love to see your d shape bangle when it arrives and hear how it compares to wearing a princess for you. [emoji4]
Thank you, 2boys_jademommy! I will update you on the fit.

Here is a pic from the seller of my new bangle on the way. It has a dark green spot (not visible here) which I love and the certificate says lavender and green. I am curious to see how the lavender turns out under different lighting after reading posts here about the moodiness of lavender jadeite. Even if it looks mostly white, I still like it since I got my offer on it accepted, hehe.
JadeDBangle.jpg

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
Wow what an impressive collection of jade cab rings! [emoji7] So nice that they been passed down from generation. Do you wear any of these rings? Thank you for sharing and please post the picture of the jade and pearl ring when you have time [emoji6]

As promised.....Here is my great grandmother's jade/pearl ring. I was told she wore this ring daily without taking it off. Due to the softness of the gold, it eventually covered the pearls and formed into a "square" shaped ring.

As promised.....Here is my great grandmother's jade/pearl ring. I was told she wore this ring daily without taking it off. Due to the softness of the gold, it eventually covered the pearls and formed into a "square" shaped ring.

Beautiful! I love the buttery deep yellow of high karat gold. How lovely to have such a meaningful piece handed down. I'm looking forward to this with my pieces. I've been acquiring/culling my collection thinking about what would cherished and continued to be handed down vs. sold by next generations.

On my wish list is high karat gold hoops, but I keep getting distracted by jade.

Reactions: NephriteGoddess
Beautiful! I love the buttery deep yellow of high karat gold. How lovely to have such a meaningful piece handed down. I'm looking forward to this with my pieces. I've been acquiring/culling my collection thinking about what would cherished and continued to be handed down vs. sold by next generations.

On my wish list is high karat gold hoops, but I keep getting distracted by jade.

Ooooh, can't wait to see them.

View attachment 4299235 View attachment 4299236 View attachment 4299237 View attachment 4299238

I love the vintage design and the the colour is so vivid against the bright yellow gold. Thank you so much for sharing this special ring. [emoji4]
And if you didn’t mention that the pearls got squished in due to the softness of the gold I would have thought that was part of the design - reminds me of a pearl peeking out of an oyster [emoji6]

Reactions: Queen J
View attachment 4299414 The jade ring and jade bracelet are favorites of mine....I was allowed to wear the bracelet to parties when I was young. Now I need to add links, it's a bit snug.
Thanks for letting me share.

How glamorous your pieces look together:smile: The pearl and jade bracelet is beautiful - you should definitely add a link so you can wear it anytime you want and that ring is gorgeous. [emoji3]

Reactions: Queen J
Hi Jadies I bought myself a Christmas present this year - dainty black jade earrings set in rose gold with little diamonds. I didn’t post earlier because to be honest I was initially disappointed. These were an online order and while they are pretty they are smaller than I envisioned even though the seller’s description was accurate. Furthermore the diamonds are teeny (diamond size was not specified) Long story short the seller was awesome and I did like them but it was not love at first sight. Fast forward and I’ve been wearing them everyday for a few weeks and I’ve grown to love them. [emoji4] They are comfortable so I can sleep in them and they go with everything. In the light the jade is actually dark green. If the earrings were a bit bigger they would be perfect but they are cute and I love them now [emoji6]IMG_3280.JPGIMG_3281.JPG
Edit to add first pic taken with “warm” chosen and second pic is natural colour.

Hi Jadies I bought myself a Christmas present this year - dainty black jade earrings set in rose gold with little diamonds. I didn’t post earlier because to be honest I was initially disappointed. These were an online order and while they are pretty they are smaller than I envisioned even though the seller’s description was accurate. Furthermore the diamonds are teeny (diamond size was not specified) Long story short the seller was awesome and I did like them but it was not love at first sight. Fast forward and I’ve been wearing them everyday for a few weeks and I’ve grown to love them. [emoji4] They are comfortable so I can sleep in them and they go with everything. In the light the jade is actually dark green. If the earrings were a bit bigger they would be perfect but they are cute and I love them now [emoji6]View attachment 4304315View attachment 4304316

Very beautiful Jademommy!!! I love rose gold. Completely understand about how you felt upon first seeing them - I've definitely been there, but I'm glad you've developed a connection to them! They're lovely and the jade stone is beautifully polished too - very nice and delicate.:smile:

Reactions: 2boys_jademommy
Very beautiful Jademommy!!! I love rose gold. Completely understand about how you felt upon first seeing them - I've definitely been there, but I'm glad you've developed a connection to them! They're lovely and the jade stone is beautifully polished too - very nice and delicate.:smile:

Thank you NephriteGoddess for your kind words. I typically try and avoid online jade purchase for this very reason - that often the image we have in our minds do not match reality. I was actually deciding between these and a pair of Ming’s black jade earrings and chose these as they are smaller / easier to wear everyday.

Thank you NephriteGoddess for your kind words. I typically try and avoid online jade purchase for this very reason - that often the image we have in our minds do not match reality. I was actually deciding between these and a pair of Ming’s black jade earrings and chose these as they are smaller / easier to wear everyday.

"...often the image we have in our minds do not match reality" This is so true. Buying online has made things easier and harder at the same time. I have very few earrings that I can wear continuously without removing them for bed, so I know what you mean. You made a practical choice and style choice all at the same time, which is not easy to do! And great choice, by the way! Also, please send pics if you ever decide to get the Ming earrings down the road:biggrin:

Reactions: 2boys_jademommy