Rumour re: Louis Vuitton Recall?

Read this whole thread with interest. I had a call from CS (i live in the UK) about 3 bags of mine. The retiro, the capucine MM and the babylone in Magnolia. I have returned all 3 to Bond Street and was offered a store credit for the current selling price (if they were still available - the Cap & babylone) and the last selling price of the Retiro. Received great service and they also credited against a tullieries bag of mine where the black handles had worn onto the cream leather (I only got the bag in June 2018) and had made dirty marks.
I am back into Bond Street on Thursday this week and taking my black babylone in as this was also purchased in 2013 and I think it has the same issue (despite not being recalled) the mahina leather has worn very badly for such an expensive bag so will see what they say. I have this bag in galet as well but the chain handle version and to be honest I dont hold hopes out for this either. I feel quite disappointed and whilst I am happy with the service I received I think it is bad to offer last selling price of a bag as I could not replace this with a similar bag now as the prices have increased so much!
I purchased the babylone for £2450 and it is now £2850n and the Capucine was £3300 in 2013 v £3750 today.
I notice no one had mentioned the babylone in their posts so wanted to let you all know the mahina leather seems to have the same problem too.
Thanks for sharing. What year was your retiro from?

CS called me about my Bastille PM that I purchased in 2015. Strap looked awful due to glazing issues and the handles had dents and very sticky. Took the bag into my local store in North Carolina, offered replacement no questions asked. Decided on the Lockme Go tote.
If anyone has any issues with their bags definitely take it into your local store [emoji4]

I just a got the bad news regarding some bags I bought in 2014 and 2015. For my PM, i can get a credit or reorder a new PM. Regarding the other bag, my speedy empreinte it is another story. The bandoulière and the handles have glazing issue. They offer me a brand new strap but not replacement of the handles. Or i can get a store credit.
As the speedy has not the same style as the one i have, i am very torn on what To do. What do you think about it? Anyone in the same struggle? I just love my old speedy but i am scared it goes worst with time.

I just a got the bad news regarding some bags I bought in 2014 and 2015. For my PM, i can get a credit or reorder a new PM. Regarding the other bag, my speedy empreinte it is another story. The bandoulière and the handles have glazing issue. They offer me a brand new strap but not replacement of the handles. Or i can get a store credit.
As the speedy has not the same style as the one i have, i am very torn on what To do. What do you think about it? Anyone in the same struggle? I just love my old speedy but i am scared it goes worst with time.
I'd take the credit, no reason to keep a bag that will (if it isn't already) become unusable.

Reactions: leuleu

If you really love the PM I’d order a new one to replace it. I’m pretty sure they have “fixed” the problem. As far as the speedy it’s a tough decision - if you replace the strap can you still exchange down the road or is it a done deal?
I didn’t want to part with my Métis Hobo but I’m satisfied with the replacements because my bag is discontinued and there was no replacement available but there are many “newer” styles to choose from.
Good Luck with your decision

As the glazing can melt on clothing or other items and stain/damage them permanently. I would return the speedy and take store credit for it.

If you really love the PM I’d order a new one to replace it. I’m pretty sure they have “fixed” the problem. As far as the speedy it’s a tough decision - if you replace the strap can you still exchange down the road or is it a done deal?
I didn’t want to part with my Métis Hobo but I’m satisfied with the replacements because my bag is discontinued and there was no replacement available but there are many “newer” styles to choose from.
Good Luck with your decision

By fixing the problem, you’re referring to the glaxing/cracking one?
Hopefully the new ones have no issues, I just bought mine few days ago.

If they can replace the strap why won’t they replace the handles for you?

I've always suspected my Neverfull's straps were off

I bought the first run of what was then called the "Neo Neverfull" -- please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm almost positive these came out at the same time as the Ikat -- summer vs fall 2013

I just chatted with CS online and asked if my Neverfull was part of the recall

she asked for my number and said CS would call me tomorrow...

I've always suspected my Neverfull's straps were off

I bought the first run of what was then called the "Neo Neverfull" -- please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm almost positive these came out at the same time as the Ikat -- summer vs fall 2013

I just chatted with CS online and asked if my Neverfull was part of the recall

she asked for my number and said CS would call me tomorrow...
The straps of the neo neverfull are leather, however, whereas the ikat straps are coated. Totally different issues.

Reactions: Melfontana