Cartier Love Bracelet EPIC FAIL

This morning I after I done the dishes, I checked my bracelet again and noticed that one of the screw got loose. This is just putting on less than 48 hours ago and I did not do physical exercises or sport. I tightened up this morning and went on with my day. I went the driving range this late afternoon and hit 30 balls and a few chippings. I made and ate dinner and I checked my bracelet again and this time it’s open in one side. View attachment 4258845

I got this as preloved 3 weeks ago. We don’t have Cartier boutique in my State. I just sent this bracelet Cartier boutique outside of my state to have them look at the lock because it got stuck because when dh unscrew too much out when I trying it the first time. It’s cost quite a bit to overnight and fully insured. The manager was able to get it screw and unscrew so it didn’t need to send to NY. Now it has issue of not staying locked.
That awful lucky you caught it ,hopefully won't happen again

Are you thinking about a Cartier Love Bracelet? DON'T DO IT!!!! My dream stack was 2 Love bracelets & 1 or 2 JUC. My Husband purchased 2 Love Bracelets & later I got my JUCs I sent both Love bracelets back because the screws wouldn't stay tight. They sent me 1 new 1 & I exchanged the other for a Ecrou bracelet. 1 of my original Love bracelets fell off at Target & I found half in the cart & finally found the other half in my trunk. So, they sent me another 1. I bought them all at the Rodeo Drive boutique. I took the Love & Ecrou both in to the NYC store to have them put it on to make sure it was done correctly. This was on 7/07/17. I checked the screws religiously. Then, I noticed the wknd b4 Labor Day, the screws were starting to loosen again. I went to the ATL store on Sept 4, 2017 to get them to look at it. (I tightened it that morning). The store was closed for Labor Day. On the way to a football game, when we got to the stadium, some1 complimented me on my bracelets. To my horror, my Love was GONE!!!!!!!! I've filed a police report & Cartier tells me they will let me know if some1 brings it in to a boutique (yeah right, like some1 will turn it in)! I'm soooo furious, upset, pissed off & in disbelief that a piece of jewelry that costs $7000 just falls off!!!!!!! I'm just now reading all the issues everyone else has had!!!! Cartier says you are not suppose to wear multiple bracelets together because they can (bang together & loosen the screws). WTF?!?!? That's how everyone wears them!!!!! I wonder how I'm the heck all these celebs wear all these Love bracelets all stacked? I didn't have insurance before this happened on my bracelets. Thinking the only thing that could happen is if our house was broken into & we have a top of the line security system. So I wasn't worried about that. But, never dreamed I'd have to worry about it falling off my wrist after it was SCREWED on!!!! Not sure what the next step is. But, I assure u I will NEVER BUY ANOTHER LOVE BRACELET! Nor would I EVER recommend any1 else buying 1!!!!!!!!!! RIDIC!!!!!!!!!
I’m sorry to hear of your loss! That totally stinks! I was having the same issue after I purchased my 2nd and 3rd bracelets in 2013. I complained to Cartier quite a few times but the complaints fell on deaf ears and no one seemed to care. They would send the bracelets off for repair or offer to glue them. I ended up having to get insurance so I could wear them in peace. Then a few months ago, while bringing my watch in for service, I met the most amazing sales person. I expressed my frustration and regret in purchasing these bracelets and she actually listened and assured me she would rectify the problem. She took a look at my bracelets and immediately noticed that they were too big. She felt that all that slipping and sliding and banging together was causing the screws to loosen. She offered to exchange all three bracelets or issue me a store credit so I could shop a different collection. I decided to do an exchange. I turned in my 20cm bracelets and got 3 new 18cm bracelets. I’ve had them on for 2 months and haven’t had any problems. The screws are nice and tight. If you decide to purchase another LOVE bracelet, make sure it’s the correct size and you shouldn’t have any problems. They are designed to be worn snugly (see photos of my new size). I wish the other sales people would have told me that! It would have saved me a lot of grief!

Attachments

• 2CA127CF-BEC6-4844-A46F-4322EA8D6A59.jpeg
    2CA127CF-BEC6-4844-A46F-4322EA8D6A59.jpeg
    170.8 KB · Views: 492
Has anyone had this problem with the thin/small love?
I have worn the thin love for a year now and have had no issues.

I think thin love is similar with classic love regarding the issue with screw, some people don't have any issue with the screw, some do.
I don't have a thin love myself, but I saw youtuber talking about this in her video:

(she started to talk about it at 3"00')

Reactions: marzipanchen
Does the Loctite damage the bracelet? Isn't Loctite a type of superglue, please correct me if I'm wrong. What happens if you want to take it off and you have Loctite on it.
I never took my bracelets off, so I am not sure if the loctite would have prevented it. Plus they were large enough that i could slip them off without unscrewing them. The loctite eventually wears away within a month or two. I think it does damage the bracelets as they sent 2 out of 3 bracelets to NY to have the screws replaced. Thankfully, I did not have to pay for the repairs.

Reactions: BagsofOC