The JADE thread!

You’re in Singapore right? Get it certified at Nanyang Gem Institute in Far East Plaza. The gemologist Mr Zeng has a good reputation. Ultimate Jadeite, Yokdee, All About Jade send their jade to him. The report costs $80, the verbal analysis costs $30 (wait an hour and you will be told if it’s grade A or not, no report).

If you bought your jade pieces in Singapore, the seller should get your items certified for you. It’s slightly cheaper at $70 as they have a trade discount.

Oh and it’s not a silly question. Always test your jade unless you buy from a reputable seller that you trust!
Ok!

JadeLeaf - just curious, so did you purchase this bangle? If you're still thinking about it and have questions, I would get in touch with the seller and see how much detail you can find out about the item, including where the source material is from. But it's very pretty, though - I hope all goes well :biggrin:

Edit: Sorry, I didn't see your later post that you did purchase it - don't forget to send a pic! Would love to see how lovely it looks on you!

It arrived today and I love it!

Attachments

• IMG_2311.JPG
    IMG_2311.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 382
Beautiful carved bangle. Is it a hibiscus flower? It’s so pretty - you must be so happy congrats!
Not sure what flower... but pretty and I am happy. I tested it with a steel knife and it leaves no mark. I also note the asbestos like fibrous internal structure... so, I am pretty sure it is nephrite but I really doubt that it is Hetian Jade in view of the price I bought it at.

Not sure what flower... but pretty and I am happy. I tested it with a steel knife and it leaves no mark. I also note the asbestos like fibrous internal structure... so, I am pretty sure it is nephrite but I really doubt that it is Hetian Jade in view of the price I bought it at.

They look especially beautiful, JadeLeaf! With the soft subtle tones, you could probably wear them with anything. I am excited for you - getting new jade is always a special experience! Thanks for sharing - just right for the New Year!:biggrin:

Reactions: 2boys_jademommy
image.jpeg
Curious question..... how long have you (anyone who wants to answer) collected jade?

I started buying Ming's just under 20 yrs ago, and that was the stem to my acquiring the many jade pieces..... I didn't realize I was "collecting" until I told people how many pieces left with the burglars (but I was LUCKY and got back about 5 pieces, including the green cabachon piece)

Here's another old piece.... The safety chain actually opens, and if you have the right chain (I don't ) it converts to a short necklace

For several generations prior to me, my family (Dad's side) has amassed quite a sizeable collection....my father was his grandmother's favorite especially being the "oldest" and male so he inherited her jade and pearl ring. The ring is over 100 years old. I will post a photo of it later....
Here are a few jade rings that I snapped a photo of last week.
Thanks for letting me share.

This was a "desperate" purchase, I was recovering from the burglar visit, and bought this on eBay without thinking .... I'm pretty sure I over paid, and wonder what it really is after reading the posts from people who tested their jade and got something other than what they expected

Love your Hawaiian bracelet! Is that a Hildgund piece? My mother has a similar bracelet.

View attachment 4297360

For several generations prior to me, my family (Dad's side) has amassed quite a sizeable collection....my father was his grandmother's favorite especially being the "oldest" and male so he inherited her jade and pearl ring. The ring is over 100 years old. I will post a photo of it later....
Here are a few jade rings that I snapped a photo of last week.
Thanks for letting me share.

Wow what an impressive collection of jade cab rings! [emoji7] So nice that they been passed down from generation. Do you wear any of these rings? Thank you for sharing and please post the picture of the jade and pearl ring when you have time [emoji6]

With all the talk about karma.... Do any of you believe some times the color can grow (change with wear) ? And have has one had any pieces long enough to actually see this happen?

Yes, it is true. The longer you wear your jade piece (years) the deeper and richer the color becomes. My Aunt has been wearing her bangle for over 50+ years and it's beautiful. Her bangle cannot come off her wrist without breaking the bangle or chopping her wrist off....LOL!
I too wore a jade bangle for years and there was a noticeable color change until I cracked it.

Last edited:
IMG_1546802041.344005.jpg

My family is in the jewelry business and my grandpa was a goldsmith. This jade ring is one of his earlier pieces and the ring was made completely by hand by him. This ring was passed on to me after he passed away and I consider it to be a family heirloom piece. A small piece of my grandpa is still with me through this ring. It’s a simple design but enjoy wearing it.

Hello jadies! This is my first post on the thread.

I discovered this thread a week or so ago and I wanted to say hi and your jades are all so beautiful. Thanks for posting all the pics and info!
I am very new to jade but after poking around online sellers I am building up a dangerously growing collection of beaded bracelets (Most of which I immediately restring to my liking. I don't know if it is getting to know the jade or control freaky.)
In the mean time, here is my first bangle, Fog. I think dainty princess bangles (this one is only 8mm) look better on myIMG_20190106_081623 (1).jpg wrist. I like Fog's subtle energy and colors which are very calming for a meditative state, but I am still looking for an everyday bangle. I just ordered a D shaped one. Hope it arrives soon!