Artois PM Vs. St Louis PM

Hi everyone! Does anyone own an Artois and St. Louis (both in PM) size that can show side by side photos and mod shots of the Artois?

I’m having a hard time deciding between the two. I have a toddler and want something casual, comfortable, and easy to tote around both of our things. I’m 5’2 and 110 lbs so I want the smaller size of either bag.

Does the Artois look more formal than the St. Louis?

Thanks!!

The Artois is more structured than the St. Louis. I planned on buying the Artois before going to Paris but once I tried them on I decided to purchase two St. Louis styles instead—- one in pm and one in the gm size. I love the slouchiness of the St. Louis but I think it looks better in the gm size worn with the sides folded in. Even without a zipper it feels secure with the sides folded in. I have a toddler also and find that the pm size is a little small.

I would buy the Artois in the mm size for travel purposes. The Artois pm appears smaller than the St. Louis pm when I’ve seen it worn on others. I just don’t like the way the Artois pm looks even if it is a more sturdy bag with a zipper. It’s all preference and you’ll probably know which one you want once you try it on.

Reactions: Feefee85
The Artois is more structured than the St. Louis. I planned on buying the Artois before going to Paris but once I tried them on I decided to purchase two St. Louis styles instead—- one in pm and one in the gm size. I love the slouchiness of the St. Louis but I think it looks better in the gm size worn with the sides folded in. Even without a zipper it feels secure with the sides folded in. I have a toddler also and find that the pm size is a little small.

I would buy the Artois in the mm size for travel purposes. The Artois pm appears smaller than the St. Louis pm when I’ve seen it worn on others. I just don’t like the way the Artois pm looks even if it is a more sturdy bag with a zipper. It’s all preference and you’ll probably know which one you want once you try it on.
I agree
I was in SF Goyard on Friday and purchased another St Louis in the GM size, but also tried the Artois and the Anjou
For me the Artois was just too stiff and the PM size in it was just too small
I prefer the relaxed and softness of the ST Louis in both sizes
Good like deciding and hopefully you can try them on in a boutique

Reactions: Feefee85
I just looked at the Artois pm and St. Louis- the Artois is a tad larger but the handle drop is longer- therefore it will fit over your arm comfortably- the St Louis is a tight fit-
I have the Artois and St. Louis (both the Larger styles)— I like them both but as someone said- the Artois is much stiffer and more structured- I travel with it-
The St Louis is slouchy, fits a ton and is a great all around tote.
Good luck on your choice!

I purchased the Artois MM in Paris late last year and very happy with my purchase. It is more structured which was one downside (for me) but after using it almost everyday I’ve been able to “soften it up” a little.

The zippers and reinforced corners are what really sold me. I love the ease of zipping the bag when I’m on a crowded train and not worry about any wandering hands! I also like how the top has “flaps” for the zippers to meet so the bag doesn’t awkwardly fold in towards the center. From the outside, you would never know there’s a zipper closure (which I far prefer the look of)!

I got this to replace my Longchamp Neo and it holds slightly more which is perfect.

Reactions: tabbyco
I purchased the Artois MM in Paris late last year and very happy with my purchase. It is more structured which was one downside (for me) but after using it almost everyday I’ve been able to “soften it up” a little.

The zippers and reinforced corners are what really sold me. I love the ease of zipping the bag when I’m on a crowded train and not worry about any wandering hands! I also like how the top has “flaps” for the zippers to meet so the bag doesn’t awkwardly fold in towards the center. From the outside, you would never know there’s a zipper closure (which I far prefer the look of)!

I got this to replace my Longchamp Neo and it holds slightly more which is perfect.
Yes very nice tote
Value for money

Would you have any photos of the Artois MM in a "soften up" state? I've been wanting to get this bag but do prefer a slightly less structured look. Any mod shots or photos of the bag would be of great help! Also, is there any wear and tear of the corners or strap based on how often you use/load it?

Thank you so much in advance!

Would you have any photos of the Artois MM in a "soften up" state? I've been wanting to get this bag but do prefer a slightly less structured look. Any mod shots or photos of the bag would be of great help! Also, is there any wear and tear of the corners or strap based on how often you use/load it?

Thank you so much in advance!
I don't have an MM but this is a 6-year old often-used PM. It does not slouch and there is hardly any wear and tear on the strap. It did have some scuff marks on the leather corners which can be touched up with leather paint. Sorry for the dark picture - it's nighttime in this part of the world. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• Goyard.jpg
    Goyard.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 104
I don't have an MM but this is a 6-year old often-used PM. It does not slouch and there is hardly any wear and tear on the strap. It did have some scuff marks on the leather corners which can be touched up with leather paint. Sorry for the dark picture - it's nighttime in this part of the world. Hope this helps!
Is that the navy? If so I just purchased this exact same bag. I can't wait to use it. Seems like it will be a great go to bag.
that said, I am on the petite side and am so glad it easily fit on my shoulder as I think that will come in handy on a long shopping day. :smile:

Is that the navy? If so I just purchased this exact same bag. I can't wait to use it. Seems like it will be a great go to bag.
that said, I am on the petite side and am so glad it easily fit on my shoulder as I think that will come in handy on a long shopping day. :smile:
Yes, it's a navy. And I'm petite too :smile: Enjoy using the bag - I'm sure you'll love it!

Reactions: Rockerchic
Anyone tall like 5'7" or taller have an Artois PM? I am really considering one for daily wear (more as a purse) but I don't want it to look like a mini purse on me. For reference, I'm lean with an athletic build but I am 5'8". I am considering purchasing through the phone so I won't be able to return it. I have a LV Neverfull and feel like it is too big for daily wear so I knew I didn't want the Artois MM. Hoping to get some insight! TIA!

Anyone tall like 5'7" or taller have an Artois PM? I am really considering one for daily wear (more as a purse) but I don't want it to look like a mini purse on me. For reference, I'm lean with an athletic build but I am 5'8". I am considering purchasing through the phone so I won't be able to return it. I have a LV Neverfull and feel like it is too big for daily wear so I knew I didn't want the Artois MM. Hoping to get some insight! TIA!
I’m 5’9” and lean and I have the PM. I don’t think it looks like I’m wearing a “mini purse” when I carry it. My suggestion would be to wait until you have the opportunity to try one on because things like sizing and scale are kind of subjective. What works for one person, might not work for another. I heard that Goyard isn’t currently accepting returns. I would hate for you to get stuck with a bag you don’t like.

I’m 5’9” and lean and I have the PM. I don’t think it looks like I’m wearing a “mini purse” when I carry it. My suggestion would be to wait until you have the opportunity to try one on because things like sizing and scale are kind of subjective. What works for one person, might not work for another. I heard that Goyard isn’t currently accepting returns. I would hate for you to get stuck with a bag you don’t like.
Thank you so much Kayce. You are definitely right, unfortunately I won't be able to visit anywhere with a Goyard store anytime soon. I knew I didn't want a St. Louis PM because my friend has that and the straps are just too short for me. I would like to carry it on the shoulder. The size of the St. Louis PM was nice though but I prefer the structured look and zipper of the Artois so I might bite the bullet. Thank you again, so glad to hear from you!