Deauville owners! Disc on chain vs toggle bar?

mssmelanie

O.G.
Jul 6, 2006
I noticed on my Deauville that the “stopper” on my shoulder straps are Discs and that on some other Deauville bags it’s a toggle bar. I have a picture of my bag with the disc and I took the other picture from FASHIONPHILE. It seems like it’s on the older Deauvilles like from before series 23xxxxxx. Anyone else ever notice that? I wonder why they changed it like if the toggle bar slips through or something. Or maybe they didn’t want to make the straps detachable. Just a thought that was running through my mind [emoji189] if I did have the Larger bag with handles, I think I would’ve liked to have removed the straps as an option.
3b46fce5051d5c80490fcf71b761f5fe.jpg
3d6deb62c93a0ff9bafff1dd667f13bf.jpg

I noticed on my Deauville that the “stopper” on my shoulder straps are Discs and that on some other Deauville bags it’s a toggle bar. I have a picture of my bag with the disc and I took the other picture from FASHIONPHILE. It seems like it’s on the older Deauvilles like from before series 23xxxxxx. Anyone else ever notice that? I wonder why they changed it like if the toggle bar slips through or something. Or maybe they didn’t want to make the straps detachable. Just a thought that was running through my mind [emoji189] if I did have the Larger bag with handles, I think I would’ve liked to have removed the straps as an option.
3b46fce5051d5c80490fcf71b761f5fe.jpg
3d6deb62c93a0ff9bafff1dd667f13bf.jpg
I own two Deauvilles just like you described. I found that the toggle does slip out on the one without the disc.It is the medium black leather from a few years back that DID NOT have handles! (an aside: I have a necklace with the toggle that keeps opening up and falling off). I do like the disc option but you are correct! If you want to take it off you do not havethat option. I own the new medium leather with the gold cc emblem in gold nailheads.

I own two Deauvilles just like you described. I found that the toggle does slip out on the one without the disc.It is the medium black leather from a few years back that DID NOT have handles! (an aside: I have a necklace with the toggle that keeps opening up and falling off). I do like the disc option but you are correct! If you want to take it off you do not havethat option. I own the new medium leather with the gold cc emblem in gold nailheads.
Thank you for validating my question! When I noticed differences on some other deauville pics, I wanted to find out what was what. Well that's good Chanel realized there was a function issue and updated it. I had a chance to purchase the small leather with the Gold studs and sadly had to pass. It's such a gorgeous bag!. I wish it had fit my lifestyle.