Saint Laurent Lou Lou Lovers

I like my bags oversized, I like to carry a million things around with me during the day so I figured this was a no-brainier. However, because I mostly wear black, I ordered it in white as I like a statement bag. But when I actually saw it I actually laughed! I tried it on, and WOW! It was bigger than any bag I had ever had! I think it looked much bigger also because it was white, it looked like a giant marshmallow (not a bad thing!)
I swear, it is a gorgeous bag and if you have it in black I have no doubt the effect wont be the same. It had no grain to it, it was completely smooth, and just so soft.
The day it arrived I took some pictures, unfortunately the monogram had pushed the front flap in a little, but I am sure over time it would 're-inflate'.
Here are some pictures I took of the purse with other purses for comparison. Apologies for the photos being so dark, I only transferred them and hadn't noticed until just now.
View attachment 3614366 View attachment 3614369 View attachment 3614367
Wow! Love all of them! I wonder which do you use more for daily use, college or loulou? Think to buy one of them but i am not sure which!

Wow! Love all of them! I wonder which do you use more for daily use, college or loulou? Think to buy one of them but i am not sure which!

College is nice too with an edgy look because the single chain is thicker compared to Loulou.
Initially I wanted the College but because it’s lamb skin, it will tend to sag at the side after usage according to my Sa. She said that Loulou will hold its shape better like original since it is calf skin, I will go for the Lou because I don’t like the sag :smile: and intending to use it as an Everyday bag

View attachment 3725350View attachment 3725351View attachment 3725352the first 3 pics are on with the saint Laurent strap on its longest setting. The 4th picture is with my chain strap I added View attachment 3725353
I get all my chain straps from http://www.mautto.com
They make them in almost any possible length and all different finishes and style of chains.

Hi! Does the chain rubbed on the side of the flap?

I wanted to buy a mini and add a chain strap as well. However, I am afraid it might ruined the leather. Since you will attached the chain on the side rings, the chain would rubbed on the side of the flap. It’s kinda hard to explain but I hope you get what I mean.

Hello ladies! I just got my beloved ysl loulou in medium black with ghw about a month ago. Ive only used the bag 4 times and Im beginning to see the top of the flap where the chain slots are is starting to crease from flipping the flap up when opening the bag. Is it normal to crease this quickly? I uploaded a picture to show where it is.

This is my first luxury bag and I was wondering if this is normal for the leather to crease so quickly with only using it 4 times. Im lowkey freaking out because Im uncertain how much more it will crease in the future since it is already showing signs in veryyyy minimal usage. Anyone can share their wear and tear experience on this bag?
I think this is pretty normal with soft leather. My Chanel (calfskin) looked like this in store. Don’t worry about it too much.

College is nice too with an edgy look because the single chain is thicker compared to Loulou.
Initially I wanted the College but because it’s lamb skin, it will tend to sag at the side after usage according to my Sa. She said that Loulou will hold its shape better like original since it is calf skin, I will go for the Lou because I don’t like the sag :smile: and intending to use it as an Everyday bag
Initially i want College too but the fact that she lost her shape is what makes me think to buy Loulou! Thank you very much for the infos :smile:

Reactions: Oatlatte
Is this still the case that the Lou Lou’s are cheaper in Europe? Heading to Italy this July so maybe I will hold off until then. Advice please!
Generally, I think so. It might depend on exchange rate at the time I think. Assuming you're from the US (or just not from Europe I guess), you should be able to get a refund on the VAT, which will essentially lower the "price" of many luxury handbags. That's the main reason why the Loulou I purchased was cheaper than purchasing within the US. The VAT was backed out of the UK price, and then converted to USD. For some bags, it barely makes a difference, but for others, it's fairly significant. Crunch some numbers to decide if its worth for you :smile: