Saint Laurent YSL Niki Bag

Do any of the crocodile owners have any feedback on how the leather is wearing? I just purchased one today (I went to Nordstrom to buy a Loulou and fell in love with the Niki instead), but now I'm worried about how the leather will hold up, especially given that I have three little kids and do not usually baby my bags. I'm wondering if I should exchange it for the regular black leather instead. But I really, really love the croc . . .
I don’t have experience with this leather but think the croc Niki is beautiful! :smile:

Do any of the crocodile owners have any feedback on how the leather is wearing? I just purchased one today (I went to Nordstrom to buy a Loulou and fell in love with the Niki instead), but now I'm worried about how the leather will hold up, especially given that I have three little kids and do not usually baby my bags. I'm wondering if I should exchange it for the regular black leather instead. But I really, really love the croc . . .
Croc embossed leather is usually very durable and easy to maintain.

I recently scored this patent croc version someone posted earlier in the thread during my sale stalkings:
Screenshot_20181221-195327_Gallery.jpg
I'd seen this before in the baby size, but found it too condensed for the croc to really shine. The medium size allows one to better appreciate the look IMO. Not everyone's cup of tea I'm sure, but perfect for me as the matte croc and regular black vintage versions of the medium didn't suit me.
patent niki up.jpg
It also doesn't have the "black blob" feel I got from the medium Envelope (from my recent post in that thread) that didn't work out as it that was too monotone
env.jpg ....perhaps the reflection of the patent helpspatent niki down.jpg
Fortunately, the Niki was also a much better deal overall, so it must have been fate that the Envelope was a fail.

I've come to realize that while I like the classic large versions of the Niki, I like a lil pizzaz to my mediums:coolio:mediums.jpg

Hi! I recently saw someone in nyc with a black medium Niki with black hardware/chain. It was so cool and rock and roll and I had never seen one with black hardware before. I can only seem to find the silver online. I saw the college with the blacked out chain but not the Niki. Where can I find one?

Reactions: SugarTears
Reactions: SugarTears
Oh wow, I love this!! I can totally see why you can’t get it out of your head. This is the best Niki yet! If you get any info will you share? Makes me want to sell mine and get this one — I’m a huge fan of black hardware :biggrin:
Duh, now I see the link :smile:
Now I see the link — thanks!