Confession time: So sorry I've cheated...

My very own Christmas gift box from myself [emoji16]
View attachment 4285773

It is a classic piece and I fell for the color and hardware combination. Definitely a different kind of classic compared to BV.

Though I plan to open it on Xmas eve, can’t help sharing the box because it is so beautifully done. The camellia is really pretty!

Pls bear with the mystery.... [emoji4]

Oooooo, can’t wait!!

Reactions: Phiomega
Opened my Xmas gift and used her already!

First is the dust bag...
View attachment 4288176

Love the Coco Chanel sketch here - so nicely done - by Lagerfeld I am guessing...
View attachment 4288177

And here is the one that stole my heart - presenting my Chanel Reissue 2.55 in metallic grey with matte gold hardware!
View attachment 4288179

I know I said before that Chanel did not fit my lifestyle yet. But I was in the mood for a nice Xmas present for myself as I have worked very hard especially the past half a year. And I always love classic shapes with an edge, and understated luxury in general.

Then two weeks ago I decided that I want a ‘dressy classic’ bag that is not a WOC because I think I have enough work bag already - not a party bag, more like something I can carry on a Friday to the office or when I went out shopping with friends. After visiting all the boutiques, I found that only either Dior (the black studded Diorama was so nice) or Chanel fits this bill. To be fully open, I was also not very inspired by the latest BV designs - so no danger of temptation in the near future from BV!

After looking at a number of bags with multiple visits, I settle on this Chanel Reissue. Reissue fits my preference for ‘understated luxury’ and the color/hardware combo is very beautiful without being over the top. I have used her three times - for a family wedding, Xmas service, and Xmas celebration - and it still comes as a surprise that I LOVE her a lot! It is quite light and roomy for a small bag. Definitely not the soft BV, but an edgy classic that fits me!

Reactions: CoastalCouture