Senreve Maestra

Does anybody own the new smooth leather? Or have anything else to add after using the maestra? Does it tilt badly?

Considering getting the midi as a new work bag. I'm leaning towards the smooth leather but not sure if it's worth the extra $80.
Hi Clathrin! The bag does not tilt and it is perfect for work. The smooth leather is beautiful. People stop me on the street because they are curious about Senreve and compliment the bag.

Senreve reached out to me as well! Even after 8 months since my 4th Mini arrived (last three were from a bad batch).
From the long chat with Senreve, they acknowledged some quality issues and inconsistent warranty principle arose when the company grew too fast in a short period. They have been actively making corrective action and implementing new quality spec for months now. They offered me a newer version of Maestra (Midi) as the replacement. I will share my thoughts after the Midi arrives.
Meanwhile, I encourage those who are interested in Senreve to give this passionate startup company a try. Don't be discouraged by the negative feedbacks because, from my personal experience, Senreve will make sure their customers are fully satisfied with their products, and they stand behind the lifetime warranty guarantee.
Feel free to PM me if you have more question regarding to my experience with Senreve.

Senreve is a brand founded and backed by women. Who better to understand the demands of a woman's day than another woman. The bags have been designed with a lot of thought and consideration. I used to constantly change my bags until I got the mini Maestra which became my everyday bag. Granted there was a hiccup but the company came through and that says a lot. From my recent experience, I can say that they truly care about their customer's satisfaction. I am incredibly touched by the lengths they have gone to ensure that they stand by their warranty. My next purchase will be the Doctor Bag which I have been eyeing for a while and I will be posting pictures and reviews. What we need today is women supporting women entrepreneurs, and I am proud to stand by the incredible women who founded this quality brand.

Also want to throw in my two cents about these bags. I purchased a Midi Maestra in Mimosa Storm in May and have been using it regularly since. I LOVE this bag. I primarily use it to schlep everything back and forth from work on the train. The mimosa leather has held up really well even after being rained on a few times. The bag is maintaining its shape, and I haven't had any issues with things ripping off or stitches coming out. The craftsmanship is very quality, and while it's not quite up to the craftsmanship of my Celine Micro Belt Bag (the closest thing in size and shape that I currently own), the Midi Maestra also cost almost $1500 less. Not to mention the fact that because it was a lot less expensive than my Celine bags, I don't stress out as much about using it day-to-day. Looking at purchasing the larger Maestra size in a pebbled leather. Bummed to hear that others haven't had as wonderful of an experience, but sounds like Senreve has acknowledged some of their issues and is working to correct them. K, climbing down off my soapbox now.

Reactions: Nanami_S.
Senreve reached out to me as well! Even after 8 months since my 4th Mini arrived (last three were from a bad batch).
From the long chat with Senreve, they acknowledged some quality issues and inconsistent warranty principle arose when the company grew too fast in a short period. They have been actively making corrective action and implementing new quality spec for months now. They offered me a newer version of Maestra (Midi) as the replacement. I will share my thoughts after the Midi arrives.
Meanwhile, I encourage those who are interested in Senreve to give this passionate startup company a try. Don't be discouraged by the negative feedbacks because, from my personal experience, Senreve will make sure their customers are fully satisfied with their products, and they stand behind the lifetime warranty guarantee.
Feel free to PM me if you have more question regarding to my experience with Senreve.
Thanks for this post. I needed to hear this.

Hi everyone - long time thread watcher/first time poster here - just wondering how your Maestras have held up in weather? I really wanted to love this brand but after one outing in the rain (umbrella’d up but with a few inevitable drops landing on my bag) I’ve ended up with tiny rain spot air bubbles on my new bag (see pics) which won’t go away even with my normal luxe leather conditionor. Thought these bags were supposed to be water resistant? I have a bunch of Celines and LV which don’t claim to be water resistant and this has never happened to them on similar journeys to work8A86F580-E080-4C45-9C9D-0CCB66BC7ABB.jpeg E4FDDDFA-9B7B-4E6E-8648-3667438E38E9.jpeg 586FCD64-BB4E-41D5-B754-78C4DC46444B.jpeg . Super frustrating!

Reactions: alliegetyourgun
Hi everyone - long time thread watcher/first time poster here - just wondering how your Maestras have held up in weather? I really wanted to love this brand but after one outing in the rain (umbrella’d up but with a few inevitable drops landing on my bag) I’ve ended up with tiny rain spot air bubbles on my new bag (see pics) which won’t go away even with my normal luxe leather conditionor. Thought these bags were supposed to be water resistant? I have a bunch of Celines and LV which don’t claim to be water resistant and this has never happened to them on similar journeys to workView attachment 4281132 View attachment 4281133 View attachment 4281134 . Super frustrating!
I am so sorry to hear your awful experience! Have you called Senreve to find out anything they can do to assist? My Mimosa Mini has a glossy finished, so it handles rain and small water spill very well. All I did was to wipe leather with a dry cloth immediately (within few minutes) after exposing to water. I have a Bracelet Pouch in Pebbled, and I apply the same drying method to it.

I am so sorry to hear your awful experience! Have you called Senreve to find out anything they can do to assist? My Mimosa Mini has a glossy finished, so it handles rain and small water spill very well. All I did was to wipe leather with a dry cloth immediately (within few minutes) after exposing to water. I have a Bracelet Pouch in Pebbled, and I apply the same drying method to it.
Yeah, I wiped it down as soon as I got into the office and still got the bubbles, I'm always religious about these things as I love my bags. Still feel a bag that is called water resistant shouldn't bubble like this, the leather is almost behaving like it hasn't been treated with any finish even though I can feel it has one. Going to email Senreve today and see if they can help out. Oh and for those direct messaging my bag is the large Maestra in ice so it has the pebbled leather!

Hi jenjen1964, I had similar thoughts but they have been amazing since then and I want to let everyone know that. I stand behind them because they have gone out of their way to rectify the situation. I am impressed and I wish all companies were consumer-centric like Senreve.
I will keep them on my radar then! On a ban until spring but will check back into this thread, thanks for the input!

Just received my Mini Maestra in Coral.
Shipment to Switzerland was very fast (1 business day / got a free shipping offer for Christmas), the quality is amazing!
I’m so far very happy with my purchase

95235ac66b3fcc97a7b106694faef43a.jpg

8c931b95e6e9d10d11527c7cd49a9228.jpg

3d47271cd194ffd4e3f5ef764f128452.jpg

I’m 156cm so the Mini is perfect!

Yeah, I wiped it down as soon as I got into the office and still got the bubbles, I'm always religious about these things as I love my bags. Still feel a bag that is called water resistant shouldn't bubble like this, the leather is almost behaving like it hasn't been treated with any finish even though I can feel it has one. Going to email Senreve today and see if they can help out. Oh and for those direct messaging my bag is the large Maestra in ice so it has the pebbled leather!
Update on this. I emailed Senreve and they've instantly sent a replacement. Mentioned they had a bad batch and think my bag was part of it. Looking forward to getting my replacement and it's great they acted so quickly.

I wana share my thoughts on the SENREVE’s Maestra in Cream, because I know not everyone gets to see and feel it in person first. I’ve been using it literally everyday. I think every lady wants a bag that solves all their problem for them, and Senreve managed to do that for me.
  • The design is so elegant and the leather feels luxurious under my fingers. I get complimented all the time on it by strangers!
  • The structure is fantastic. My maestra sits well on its metal feet and hold up its shape when I work at coffee shops. My friends who carry their Goyard and LV as work bags have a much harder time sitting them up.
  • The color stayed very pristine and I can easily wipe off any stain or blemishes.
  • The volume and compartmentalization are incredible. It has a space for my laptop, water bottle, keys, pens, notebooks and even light gym clothes.
  • The suede lining inside take good care of my delicate digital products.
  • Security security security… it is impossible for someone to pickpocket me because I can clearly feel it if someone undo the strap. All the studs and zips keep my belongings really safe, esp because I wear the Maestra as a backpack a lot.
Value for Money
I am huge on value rather than absolute dollar value, and SENREVE has been a top investment for me. Its durable leather, Italian details, and clever design for every occasion possible will last me many, many years.

Caring for it
  • I got my SENREVE nearly a year ago and it is practically impeccable still.
  • I’ve brought this bag to 6 different countries across 3 continents, and it has proven itself resistance to tear-and-wear
  • I use a damp cloth to softly wipe down the stains every 2 weeks or so
Wear and Tear
  • The color has stayed in its rich, creamy color and it is not meant to be shining white-out color, so don’t over scrub it.
  • Keep in mind its still a leather bag so try not to overburden it. I have definitely strained my should strap too much, and it tears a bit where it meets the metal loop, because I stuff my bag with books and tablets.
  • Don’t clean with too much pressure but wipe gently when you clean. I screwed up a corner of my bag by scratching with my cloth.
  • The bottom stains more often since I like it place it by my feet. But these stains have come off with a gentle wipe without failure.
Personal notes
  • The number of pockets in this bag saves my life. I use the sneaky pocket at the back to put away my card-holder, esp in the chaotic rush hour on NYC subway. Interior pockets also help me actually find things in 2 seconds.
  • Get the original size Maestra! I love this size because it truly goes everywhere with me, fitting in my most important poession- my laptop. But I am 5 feet 7, so you might wana consider the Midi/Mini if you are more petite.
  • It’s not awkwardly big at all. I saw the bag in person before I got it, and the rectangular shape looks good to be a shoulder bag and a backpack. As a shoulder bag, it sits on my hip as I walk which is comfortable.
I am now eyeing the Doctor bag in chestnut which I can’t keep my eyes away from ahhh. What do you think of your Senreve bags?

CF8158F0-D0B1-40A4-8BF5-9B66B8712B1D.jpeg

A1FDC6A4-2C23-4CB3-AF42-9635E84C44A0.jpeg