Does anyone have the (insert piece name here)..?

Dooneysta

Sep 6, 2017
Here’s what I feel this thread is...
There doesn’t seem to be a sticky ON-topic Dooney chat thread, and several times I’ve been in a retail store or on Dooney/ILD ogling a bag and had a question about it.

Starting a whole new thread every time I wanna ask ‘hey, does anyone have the such-and-such, do the handles not folding down mess with your coat(or whatever the query is) seems excessive.
So I thought this thread could be about, if you have a quick Dooney question that doesn’t necessarily require its own thread because you don’t anticipate a need for a full-on discussion...

My question of the moment is, I’ve been eyeing the Layla on ILD. Nylon is on sale for under a hundred and pebble ain’t bad either!!!
This bag seems heavily inspired by the Hermès Garden Party, which I have but don’t carry much (not because I don’t like the form).
Does anyone have it? Do you have the nylon version, and if you do, would you say it’s lightweight nylon or the heavier stuff? Hope it’s heavyweight nylon b/c would this bag look great slouchy? If yours slouches I would loovve to see a pic!
Can’t decide between glacier blue, apricot, or black-on-black!!!

Thank you...what color did you choose..? I’m looking at apricot or black-on-black for the pebble Layla, but thought steel blue, taupe and mauve also promising!
I got the yellow about 2 weeks ago and just added the steel blue. I like both colors. The steel blue in the pebbled leather is darker than the steel blue Florentine leather. In pebbled leather the steel blue is a relatively deep grey blue.... blue with grey undertones. It reminds me of the dusty blue, only darker. I bought the mauve in the Crescent tote, so I didn't want to repeat the color in the Layla. I like the wide leather trim on the Layla and the contrast with the yellow and the steel blue is pretty. Because the trim is so prominent, I wanted to color of the bag and the trim to coordinate. That's a personal opinion, I'm sure Dooney thinks they all go together. :smile:

Reactions: Dooneysta
I'm thinking of purchasing the nylon version in Teal. Haven't pulled the trigger yet. I think today is the last day of the sale if you want your order delivered before Christmas.
Geez, I've already bought three bags and a wallet already this month. I need to stop!!

If anyone has this bag, in a sense echo Dooneysta's question, how does it wear? Is it comfortable?

I'm thinking of purchasing the nylon version in Teal. Haven't pulled the trigger yet. I think today is the last day of the sale if you want your order delivered before Christmas.
Geez, I've already bought three bags and a wallet already this month. I need to stop!!

If anyone has this bag, in a sense echo Dooneysta's question, how does it wear? Is it comfortable?
Do you think the sale itself will continue on a few days yet, though? I don’t care about Christmas shipping but 30% off is awesome. Kind of the only ‘concerns’ I have are is it heavyweight nylon (hopefully), does the pebble slouch (hopefully not)and how is the handle comfort since they’re fixed.
Layla is pretty new so it’s possible no one has had it long enough to know! In which case if the sale’s not ending today altogether, I shall sit on my hands till this weekend so I can feel like I’m being good:angel: and then choose just one. ONE...

Here’s what I feel this thread is...
There doesn’t seem to be a sticky ON-topic Dooney chat thread, and several times I’ve been in a retail store or on Dooney/ILD ogling a bag and had a question about it.

Starting a whole new thread every time I wanna ask ‘hey, does anyone have the such-and-such, do the handles not folding down mess with your coat(or whatever the query is) seems excessive.
So I thought this thread could be about, if you have a quick Dooney question that doesn’t necessarily require its own thread because you don’t anticipate a need for a full-on discussion...

My question of the moment is, I’ve been eyeing the Layla on ILD. Nylon is on sale for under a hundred and pebble ain’t bad either!!!
This bag seems heavily inspired by the Hermès Garden Party, which I have but don’t carry much (not because I don’t like the form).
Does anyone have it? Do you have the nylon version, and if you do, would you say it’s lightweight nylon or the heavier stuff? Hope it’s heavyweight nylon b/c would this bag look great slouchy? If yours slouches I would loovve to see a pic!
Can’t decide between glacier blue, apricot, or black-on-black!!!
Oh yay I can help! I just used my chocolate pebble Layla at work today and loved it. It walks the line between structured and slouchy, and I expect it to slouch a tad more over time. It fit my wallet, pens, charger, keys, umbrella water bottle, work binder, day planner, lotion, and a bottle of Hermès fragrance with room to spare.

I haven't used my nylon khaki Layla yet, but it's the lighter-colored, more matte khaki nylon - not the shiny-smooth golden khaki nylon on the market tote, which I've pictured it next to for comparison. I generally prefer the leather duck oval to the metal signature square (are there better terms for these?), but my nylon Layla dimples around the oval. While I will probably get good use out of it this summer, I wish I had gone with the pebble Layla in taupe for a similar look.

I would recommend pebble in this case - the weight added by the extra leather does not feel significant. And while I've never held a Garden Party in person, and appreciate that Hermès is the originator of this snap tote style as far as I know, I doubt the Garden Party is such a light carry or has the awesome Dooney organization compartments inside.

Hope my pics help. Please PM me if you need more.
IMG_20181221_230010692.jpg IMG_20181221_230041084.jpg IMG_20181221_230047636.jpg IMG_20181221_231413231.jpg

Oh yay I can help! I just used my chocolate pebble Layla at work today and loved it. It walks the line between structured and slouchy, and I expect it to slouch a tad more over time. It fit my wallet, pens, charger, keys, umbrella water bottle, work binder, day planner, lotion, and a bottle of Hermès fragrance with room to spare.

I haven't used my nylon khaki Layla yet, but it's the lighter-colored, more matte khaki nylon - not the shiny-smooth golden khaki nylon on the market tote, which I've pictured it next to for comparison. I generally prefer the leather duck oval to the metal signature square (are there better terms for these?), but my nylon Layla dimples around the oval. While I will probably get good use out of it this summer, I wish I had gone with the pebble Layla in taupe for a similar look.

I would recommend pebble in this case - the weight added by the extra leather does not feel significant. And while I've never held a Garden Party in person, and appreciate that Hermès is the originator of this snap tote style as far as I know, I doubt the Garden Party is such a light carry or has the awesome Dooney organization compartments inside.

View attachment 4286109 View attachment 4286110 View attachment 4286111 View attachment 4286113
Yes, thank you! I gotta get one.:drool:
The nylon Laylas WERE 99.00 but are now at $114, whereas some of the pebble are $134, so it makes sense to just go leather.
The Garden Party has one zip pocket inside and nothing else. So yes, the additional Dooney pockets are a plus for me.
I don’t use my GP much because I should have gone with the next size up. The Layla is basically the exact dimensions of the GP I OUGHT to have bought. And for, you know, like six percent of the price or whatever it is:facepalm:
Must...choose...only one.....:panic:

Reactions: amateurjeweler
I've had my pebbled leather Layla loaded up for a few days. I'm really happy with this handbag. I have lots of room, for more than my normal stuff, but the bag doesn't feel oversized or cumbersome. The handles are easy to carry (I don't shoulder carry, but they are long enough). The Layla opens wide, so you can see and get at everything inside. And the snap closes the top pretty well for a bag without a zipper. My only negative is that I have trouble getting the snaps closed. I'm also having trouble with getting my kiss lock pouches open. I think it's me and not a defect in any of the handbags.

Reactions: Dooneysta

View attachment 4286109 View attachment 4286110 View attachment 4286111 View attachment 4286113

I've had my pebbled leather Layla loaded up for a few days. I'm really happy with this handbag. I have lots of room, for more than my normal stuff, but the bag doesn't feel oversized or cumbersome. The handles are easy to carry (I don't shoulder carry, but they are long enough). The Layla opens wide, so you can see and get at everything inside. And the snap closes the top pretty well for a bag without a zipper. My only negative is that I have trouble getting the snaps closed. I'm also having trouble with getting my kiss lock pouches open. I think it's me and not a defect in any of the handbags.

Ordered the pebble Layla in Apricot to start. If it works then I’ll gamble on a good end-of-year sale and pick up maybe two others. I’d like to see black-on-black; I don’t own ANY Dooney in that combo....:panic: