HELP, cosmetic case or mini o case!

calibaglover

Feb 19, 2018
I am looking to buy a Chanel SLG soon, either the 19C small cosmetic case in black caviar with the black wipeable interior, or the mini o case in black caviar with the burgundy textile interior. For those that have these pieces, or something similar, please help me out with which you'd recommend, or any pros and cons. I would use them as catch-alls in my big work tote (cosmetic case) or in my rectangular mini (mini o case). Also, regarding the cosmetic case with the black wipeable interior, is it hard to see your items inside because of the dark interior? I know they've also made this case with the burgundy wipeable interior before. Is this a classic that gets made regularly, in which case I could wait to get my hands on the one with the burgundy interior later, or should I just get the cosmetic case or mini o case that's available now? I'd also appreciate any thoughts on the quality of the 19C caviar leather. Thanks in advance!

Not my pictures - 2 are screenshots from a YouTube video, and 1 is a picture from this forum.

Attachments

• IMG_9200.PNG
    IMG_9200.PNG
    717.5 KB · Views: 563
  • IMG_9199.PNG
    IMG_9199.PNG
    972.5 KB · Views: 570
  • IMG_9198.JPG
    IMG_9198.JPG
    189.3 KB · Views: 570
I am looking to buy a Chanel SLG soon, either the 19C small cosmetic case in black caviar with the black wipeable interior, or the mini o case in black caviar with the burgundy textile interior. For those that have these pieces, or something similar, please help me out with which you'd recommend, or any pros and cons. I would use them as catch-alls in my big work tote (cosmetic case) or in my rectangular mini (mini o case). Also, regarding the cosmetic case with the black wipeable interior, is it hard to see your items inside because of the dark interior? I know they've also made this case with the burgundy wipeable interior before. Is this a classic that gets made regularly, in which case I could wait to get my hands on the one with the burgundy interior later, or should I just get the cosmetic case or mini o case that's available now? I'd also appreciate any thoughts on the quality of the 19C caviar leather. Thanks in advance!

Not my pictures - 2 are screenshots from a YouTube video, and 1 is a picture from this forum.

You need both in your life! They are two different sizes, too different functions!

You need both in your life! They are two different sizes, too different functions!

Agreed! You need both, I have both and use them sometimes at the same time and for different purposes!

Which one you use the most frequently: work tote (cosmetic case) or rectangular mini (mini o case)?

Good point, work tote mostly. Thanks everyone for the insight. Do you know if it’s still easy to see your items with the black interior (as opposed to the burgundy interior)? Or if the cosmetic case comes out in different options regularly? I’d prefer black caviar with burgundy interior or red/burgundy caviar. Just wondering if I should continue to wait. Thanks!

I love SLGs and my favorite pieces are the o-cases. I love the mini o-case as it is the perfect size. I thought the small cosmetic case was too small to truly use as a real cosmetic case and a bit bulky and thick for a pouch. I also have the small o-case that I use with my large tote and love it!

For me, my true cosmetic case for travel is the large one... love it so much!

Then for my daily work tote, it’s the mini o-case and the small o-case. Here are some photos in case you are not familiar with the small o-case.

The mini o-case to me is a must have. Super cute, wipeable interior and has multi uses.

Good luck!

e8b125b0f68128cf9d78e71f67ebd4f9.jpg

Hi, I use a medium ocase constantly- as a clutch, inside a tote to grab for lunch outings, when travelling. I also use a mini ocase daily, with a card case, as my combination for a wallet. Why both? I like to swap bags often and having two small pieces allows this easily especially as I use a lot of small bags like minis. I love the ocase’s. I saw the cosmetic case but thought the opening would irritate me, so for travelling I went for a nylon o case which I found inChanel Tokyo and is wonderful and light. Good luck!

Reactions: calibaglover
I love SLGs and my favorite pieces are the o-cases. I love the mini o-case as it is the perfect size. I thought the small cosmetic case was too small to truly use as a real cosmetic case and a bit bulky and thick for a pouch. I also have the small o-case that I use with my large tote and love it!

For me, my true cosmetic case for travel is the large one... love it so much!

Then for my daily work tote, it’s the mini o-case and the small o-case. Here are some photos in case you are not familiar with the small o-case.

The mini o-case to me is a must have. Super cute, wipeable interior and has multi uses.

Good luck!

e8b125b0f68128cf9d78e71f67ebd4f9.jpg

Hi, I use a medium ocase constantly- as a clutch, inside a tote to grab for lunch outings, when travelling. I also use a mini ocase daily, with a card case, as my combination for a wallet. Why both? I like to swap bags often and having two small pieces allows this easily especially as I use a lot of small bags like minis. I love the ocase’s. I saw the cosmetic case but thought the opening would irritate me, so for travelling I went for a nylon o case which I found inChanel Tokyo and is wonderful and light. Good luck!

Thank you so much! This insight is very helpful. I gotta look into the different size o cases now. Are the small and medium o cases just empty pouches like the mini o case, or do they have some kind of organizational pockets inside? I’ve seen pictures of one that has a zipper and some card slots inside, but I don’t know which size o case it is.

Thank you so much! This insight is very helpful. I gotta look into the different size o cases now. Are the small and medium o cases just empty pouches like the mini o case, or do they have some kind of organizational pockets inside? I’ve seen pictures of one that has a zipper and some card slots inside, but I don’t know which size o case it is.

The two I have in my photo are the mini snd the small. That is what it says on the tags but a lot of people call the small the medium. Then there is the large but it’s way too big. Go to the Chanel website to see the dimensions. There is also a Boy variation but I prefer the classic look.

My small o-case (the one shown in black) has a pouch on the outside and a zipper pouch on the inside. Love it!!!! And if you get the mini o-case (mine is the one in dark pink), you can see how I store it vertically along with the card case and it makes it so much easier to grab. I put a pack of tissues too. Can’t live without my tissues! And the zipper pouch inside is where I put my lipstick as I’m constantly refreshing my lips! And in my mini o-case (pink one), I put my compact and other stuff.

Good luck!