Decisions...decisions. I really do have a disease.

vonnatellah

Jul 3, 2007
So after dropping over 600 last week on two purses (The mineral Chelsea wristlet and a Parchment medium Carly that is still in the mail), I'm already debating if I should get another purse.

I want a new nicer looking bag for carrying books to class. I have been thinking that I'd get a Longchamp but now that I hear there is going to be a chocolate leather Carly I'm very tempted to get that instead. The price difference however is huge...Longchamps are only $130.

I'm thinking about trying to get a job at Coach this fall, so I'd probably wait until then so I'd get a discount on the Carly. Has anyone used a Carly for school books? I'm imagining it would work very well for this purpose but any issues anyone has run into?

My other question is for anyone who has worked for Coach. I know you are not allowed to discuss the amount of the discount, so if this question is innapropriate please let me know! How long does it take for the discount to kick in? I imagine you cannot purchase something with the discount the first week you work there. I'm planning on working a few days a week through the school year if they want to hire me!

Lastly, do you think it is going to be difficult to get my hands on a large chocolate Carly? I know a lot of people have expressed interest in it here, but I'm guessing it wont be limited edition and thus will stick around for a while when it comes out.

Wow, that was longer than I expected. Any advice anyone has would be great! Carly or Longchamp?

I have the same disease. *L* As soon as I buy something, I'm already looking for the next fix. Which is exactly what it is, a fix. I'm an addict. I know there are probably psychological reasons why I binge on Coach, but I don't care to explore them right now. *L*

I believe some tpf-ers have used Carly as a school bag, the large one anyway. It should be fine, depending on how much you want to put in it. My large Carly can carry a lot. :smile:

I worked at a Coach outlet, and was hired as a seasonal employee, so the discount worked differently than it does for full time employees.

No, I don't think it will be difficult to get a Chocolate Carly. Besides, as soon as they're available to order, the ladies on here will be buying them, so you'll know when to get it before non tpf-ers figure it out. That's a great thing about this place. :smile:

I have the same disease. *L* As soon as I buy something, I'm already looking for the next fix. Which is exactly what it is, a fix. I'm an addict. I know there are probably psychological reasons why I binge on Coach, but I don't care to explore them right now. *L*

I believe some tpf-ers have used Carly as a school bag, the large one anyway. It should be fine, depending on how much you want to put in it. My large Carly can carry a lot. :smile:

No, I don't think it will be difficult to get a Chocolate Carly. Besides, as soon as they're available to order, the ladies on here will be buying them, so you'll know when to get it before non tpf-ers figure it out. That's a great thing about this place. :smile:

I totally agree with everything said here! Especially regarding the disease part!

I don't know anything about the Longchamp, so I can't help you there. :confused1: As far as the carly, I know a lot of girls have used the large signature carlys here for school. And as far as the addiction, I am sick with you , my dear! lol I finally have found MY perfect bag, the ali and am just starting to not be tempted w/coach stuff like I have been.. but coach is SO addicting!! Good luck with the job! :tup:

So after dropping over 600 last week on two purses (The mineral Chelsea wristlet and a Parchment medium Carly that is still in the mail), I'm already debating if I should get another purse.

I want a new nicer looking bag for carrying books to class. I have been thinking that I'd get a Longchamp but now that I hear there is going to be a chocolate leather Carly I'm very tempted to get that instead. The price difference however is huge...Longchamps are only $130.

I'm thinking about trying to get a job at Coach this fall, so I'd probably wait until then so I'd get a discount on the Carly. Has anyone used a Carly for school books? I'm imagining it would work very well for this purpose but any issues anyone has run into?

My other question is for anyone who has worked for Coach. I know you are not allowed to discuss the amount of the discount, so if this question is innapropriate please let me know! How long does it take for the discount to kick in? I imagine you cannot purchase something with the discount the first week you work there. I'm planning on working a few days a week through the school year if they want to hire me!

Lastly, do you think it is going to be difficult to get my hands on a large chocolate Carly? I know a lot of people have expressed interest in it here, but I'm guessing it wont be limited edition and thus will stick around for a while when it comes out.

Wow, that was longer than I expected. Any advice anyone has would be great! Carly or Longchamp?

I do not work for Coach but a friend of mine did last xmas and her discount was 50%...well worth getting a job there. I myself have thought about it, but I like other brands as well.

I always wanted to work at a store to get a discount.. but then I realized I would spend all of the money I made. So that wouldn't work!!

If you love it, go for it- a Chocolate Carly sounds yummy!! I would prefer it over Longchamp :yes:

Thanks for the advice! I think I'm also going to wait to make a decision until I see the chocolate leather in real life. I'm sure however I'll fall in love with it and another paycheck will go straight out the window!

And I'm thinking more and more that having a job during the school year is a bad idea. My new plan is to convince my mother to quit her gardening job she always complains about and work a few days at Coach instead!

The chocolate Carly is a great bag. It would work well for school books and such. If you want that one I would get it.

You can always go in and try all your stuff in the bag before you purchase it.

I just bought a large carly sig for school. Love it!!!!

I actually just put my app in at my Coach store to do seasonal this year.....I am making the money to spend at coach...silly i know but i dont need the money i would make for anything other than my coach obession.

I just bought a large carly sig for school. Love it!!!!

I actually just put my app in at my Coach store to do seasonal this year.....I am making the money to spend at coach...silly i know but i dont need the money i would make for anything other than my coach obession.

Thats exactly why I would get the job! I don't know if I'll really have time though. Fill us in when you hear back from them (was the interview difficult, etc).

I always wanted to work at a store to get a discount.. but then I realized I would spend all of the money I made. So that wouldn't work!!

If you love it, go for it- a Chocolate Carly sounds yummy!! I would prefer it over Longchamp :yes:

That's exactly what happened to me when I worked at the outlet. *L* I spent every paycheck there. So much for raising moving money.