New aesthetic coming for spring 2018

Stumbled across another deal a few weeks ago......
View attachment 4240595
This Cross3 for 60% off! This style wasn't really on my wishlist before, as all of the pics I'd seen previously seem to promote the bag as more of a dainty clutch that wouldn't fit much. However, I was pleased to find when I received it that the interior section expands and can comfortably fit quite a bit (even more than I have pictured)
View attachment 4240596
Something about it kinda reminds me of the Celine Trio without the annoying gaps. There's also a hidden snap front pocket so you can access certain items without unzipping the main compartment.
View attachment 4240597
Of course you have the option of removing the strap and wearing it as a chic clutch. It would also work as a waist bag. I think I'll likely get more of these; though, I also got a chestnut one that I ended up returning as the color was too orangey for me.

Farfetch had a great sale on sale recently and many great items started appear in the last two weeks. I also recently ordered a few of the quilted items (GV3s, Gem and Mini Pocket) that went on sale, but didn't end up keeping any as I ultimately preferred my exotic GV3 to the quilted ones I tried, and I didn't end up liking the color of the Gem and Mini Pocket. However, I'm still thinking of trying the Mini Pocket in another unique color should it get reduced once more sales start.
.....so, I did manage to find many of the new collection at great prices during the recent sales. Fortunately, I was able to get a couple of the fringe Cross3s I'd been lusting over (likely most are not as obsessed with a nice fringe bag like I am :cool:)
blue.jpg
...this is the dark blue color and I also purchased the aubergine version:heart::heart:.

I also finally found the perfect items from the quilted and other GV3 collections that I'll post soon.

have to say, the new bag designs from CWK are very sophisticated and elegant looking compared to their predecessors. Esp love the look of the cross 3. Can't wait to see your new goodies together.
Agreed about the look of the new collections. I still wear my antigonas, pandoras etc., but was maxed out with the variations I needed purchase-wise, so CWK came to Givenchy at a perfect time!

Next up are the new sale additions to my GV3 collection
medium .jpg
Aubergine and mustard (although G calls it green) nano with aubergine double G belt and black medium with eyelet and ring detail.

I actually purchased the belt before the nano....but when the nano popped up afterwards with the perfect mustard contrast, it was a no brainer.

For the medium, I originally had the small in this combo on my wishlist (as I wasn't aware of the larger size). However, after trying and not quite liking multiple color variations of the smalls this season, I took it as a sign I should revisit the larger size. Fortunately, I happened upon this medium while browsing in store and found it to be perfect! Love the silver accents and the rock-chic vibe which elevates the color as I expected (I found the medium variations available last season a bit underwhelming), and it fits way more than the small of course.

...here's the growing GV3 familyGV3 collection .jpg

Agreed about the look of the new collections. I still wear my antigonas, pandoras etc., but was maxed out with the variations I needed purchase-wise, so CWK came to Givenchy at a perfect time!

View attachment 4267462
Aubergine and mustard (although G calls it green) nano with aubergine double G belt and black medium with eyelet and ring detail.

I actually purchased the belt before the nano....but when the nano popped up afterwards with the perfect mustard contrast, it was a no brainer.

For the medium, I originally had the small in this combo on my wishlist (as I wasn't aware of the larger size). However, after trying and not quite liking multiple color variations of the smalls this season, I took it as a sign I should revisit the larger size. Fortunately, I happened upon this medium while browsing in store and found it to be perfect! Love the silver accents and the rock-chic vibe which elevates the color as I expected (I found the medium variations available last season a bit underwhelming), and it fits way more than the small of course.

...here's the growing GV3 familyView attachment 4267464
Ahhhh, lovely collection! Thank you for sharing!! I was a bit skeptical at first, but now I love all the sizes and designs, especially the nano which is so teeny and cute.

Reactions: highend

View attachment 4267462

I'm enamored of the chain design on all the new bags. It adds such a nice accent. Can't wait to see the cross 3 collection!
The belt is what drew my eye first from your GV3 fam pic. Would make sense that they'd make other accessories, but how refreshing to see the redesigned logo on a belt that's not Gucci or Hermes. Would love to see a mod pick of it on if possible. Does it come in diff G sized buckles?

You have a very nicely rounded GV3 collection. The snakeskin print colorway is perfect in that size, and the grommet med with shiny silver hw is also nicely balanced between elegant and edgy, very Givenchy as I know it. Is the one next to the aubergine & mustard also leather and suede?

Last edited:

View attachment 4267462

Your collection is wonderful!! I might have to add that eyelet to my list.

I think I need that new orchid color in my life too.

Gah so frustrating that the nano isn’t just an inch longer to fit a phone! I often wear the mini pocket quilted but would really love a Gv3 nano, not if it won’t fit my phone though :sad:

Does it come in diff G sized buckles?

Yeah the belt comes in 2 sizes—the regular is 1.2” with a buckle that’s 1.5” x 2”. The slim Double G belt is 3/4” with a 1 1/2“ x 1“ buckle.

The buckle prong is a pin-type with a ball at the end which is kind of a pain, but it’s easier to work than their bags straps that have the same hardware—I can’t clasp/unclasp those for the life of me.
GivenchyDoubleGBelt.jpgtumblr_p3fp41Icxi1trd3zao2_1280.jpg

Your collection is wonderful!! I might have to add that eyelet to my list.

I think I need that new orchid color in my life too.

Gah so frustrating that the nano isn’t just an inch longer to fit a phone! I often wear the mini pocket quilted but would really love a Gv3 nano, not if it won’t fit my phone though :sad:

Yeah the belt comes in 2 sizes—the regular is 1.2” with a buckle that’s 1.5” x 2”. The slim Double G belt is 3/4” with a 1 1/2“ x 1“ buckle.

The buckle prong is a pin-type with a ball at the end which is kind of a pain, but it’s easier to work than their bags straps that have the same hardware—I can’t clasp/unclasp those for the life of me.
View attachment 4276648View attachment 4276649
Thanks! Glad you're finding things you love within the new collections as well.

I also picked up a few of the quilteds that I need to post....hopefully, soon :angel:.

Reactions: highend
The quality and craftsmanship of the new bags under Clare Waight Keller are amazing. I was pleasantly suprised as yesterday was the first time I saw the designs up close.

I’m considering getting this quilted Givenchy Gem Bag. I love that it can be worn as a shoulder bag, crossbody bag, pouch or clutch. The price is higher than I thought it would be but it’s stunning.

It’s so sleek and sophisticated. I love it! :smile:

Attachments

• FC845BAC-AF06-4382-936A-DB3813B466D3.jpeg
    FC845BAC-AF06-4382-936A-DB3813B466D3.jpeg
    732 KB · Views: 364
  • 2AE11A1F-3CA8-4CF8-A91A-54427AE368BD.jpeg
    2AE11A1F-3CA8-4CF8-A91A-54427AE368BD.jpeg
    219.9 KB · Views: 365
  • 48596CBB-AB8A-4D5D-A310-1412ECC68081.jpeg
    48596CBB-AB8A-4D5D-A310-1412ECC68081.jpeg
    451.2 KB · Views: 362
  • 060B92A3-242F-4BAB-AB64-69BEF18868F4.jpeg
    060B92A3-242F-4BAB-AB64-69BEF18868F4.jpeg
    26.5 KB · Views: 359
The quality and craftsmanship of the new bags under Clare Waight Keller are amazing. I was pleasantly suprised as yesterday was the first time I saw the designs up close.

I’m considering getting this quilted Givenchy Gem Bag. I love that it can be worn as a shoulder bag, crossbody bag, pouch or clutch. The price is higher than I thought it would be but it’s stunning.

It’s so sleek and sophisticated. I love it! :smile:
Omg, stunning! Thank you for sharing! The purple bags bring me to LIFE! I was super skeptical at first, but with CWK's work at Chloé and now these bags, I'm becoming such a fan. I need the purple shade.

So, I know I'm way overdue for my quilted pics as I'll admit I've been too lazy to pull them all out and stage pics.:blush:

In the meantime, I thought I'd share this faux fur strap cover that arrived today
cover.jpg
I've been stalking it in this color all season for a decent mardown, and surprisingly one popped up last week for 60% off at Saks! Amazing....as it's only been marginally marked down (if at all) at other places.

I plan to wear it primarily with my black medium pandora (still looks good after >5 years)
panda fue.jpg
Also, these pics show it should work great with my black antigonas
5a08a66a-b3ac-49d0-bb6e-895880b49c84.jpeg IMG_4593.JPG

Hopefully, I'll be inspired to take my quilted pics this weekend...also need to update some of the others as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: bellebellebelle19
And now, for the quilteds....

When this collection began to drop, I knew for sure I'd want a mini pocket. Given that I already have similar convertible belt bags from other designers, I told myself to get a color other than black or burgundy as I already have similar bags I love in those colors.

So, after trying all color variations of the mini pocket available this season, what colors did I end up with.....black and burgundy (aubergine) of course :amazed:
pockets.jpg
Ultimately, these colors just looked the best on me and are different/special enough from my other bags to justify duplicating the colors in my collection.

The mini pocket is quite versatile as it can be worn on a belt, by hand or with its accompanying strap (however, I actually prefer the strap that came with my black cross3 for all my quilted bags....as you'll see below).
b p f.jpg top.jpg strap .jpg
Also, given that I now have two black G belt bags (mini pocket and nano GV3), I decided to purchase the black double G belt as well (since I loved my aubergine one so much). For those who are wondering, the G belt is very similar in size and appearance to a reversible H belt.
h.jpg
I've also included a comparison pic of the mini pocket to my most similar style....Gucci marmont studded mini 2.0....to show that while they have some of the same characteristics, the pocket sets itself apart as its more understated, has a back pocket, and seems to more comfortably fit the same items (perhaps due to the slight differences in height).
comp.jpg
The mini pocket can comfortably fit a smartphone (I have a Samsung note8), small wallet, keys, mints and similar odds and ends.