Help with Immediate Payment Required

Sealy

Jul 4, 2007
Hi,

I have posted a listing on ebay with a buy it now price. It keeps telling me I have the option of requiring immediate payment which I want to do, but I can't seem to get it to work. It is not showing up in my auction. Do any of you wonderful people have any advice or know what might be going on?? Thanks so much!!!

:smile:

it should be towards the bottom where you put in the email address you want the payment sent to. there's a box that you can check to require immediate payment.

If you list more than one destination that you ship to you have to quote shipping for all of them in order for IPR to work.

Also, if you listed with Auctiva, you cannot use IPR if you are using Auctiva checkout.

Hm... here's what ebay says:

ebay said:
To require immediate payment for your item, you must:
  • Have a PayPal Premier or PayPal Business account when you list your item. (Go to PayPal to upgrade your account.)
  • Have an eBay seller account in good standing.
  • Specify a Buy It Now price of no more than $4,000.
  • Specify shipping costs (or include the shipping calculator in your listing) and include other related costs such as insurance and taxes, so your buyer knows exactly how much to pay.
Note: If you do not want to charge a shipping and handling fee, you can enter "0.00" in the shipping and handling box. You can also enter "0.00" for the shipping cost of each additional item.
  • Ship to the buyer's credit card billing address registered at PayPal (unless you change your Payment Receiving preferences in your PayPal profile so that you'll allow buyers to use other addresses). You may want to put this requirement in your item description or shipping and payment information.

If you list more than one destination that you ship to you have to quote shipping for all of them in order for IPR to work.

Also, if you listed with Auctiva, you cannot use IPR if you are using Auctiva checkout.

Could I have unknowingly listed that I would ship to more than one destination?

Soo sorry I am new to selling on ebay (obviously...)

Just right under "Sell: Creat Your Listing", there is an option "Show/Hide Option". Click on it so you can add more listing feature, including Immediate Payment Required option added to your listing template.

If I remember correctly, eBay requires you have certain number of feedbacks before you can use that option. I may be wrong on this restriction though.

Just right under "Sell: Creat Your Listing", there is an option "Show/Hide Option". Click on it so you can add more listing feature, including Immediate Payment Required option added to your listing template.

If I remember correctly, eBay requires you have certain number of feedbacks before you can use that option. I may be wrong on this restriction though.

Thanks!! You are amazing!!:yahoo:

Now I just have another slight problem. I got the box to appear but it says I have to be a Premier or a Business member. I upgraded my Paypal account and on my Paypal account it now says Premier. Does anyone know if there is a lag time for ebay to know you have a Premier account?? Thanks so much!!!