How to Get Away With Murder - ABC

What adoption? I must’ve missed that.
Do the writers expect us to believe Sam and his first wife had a child and Annalise never knew about him?
Why did Nate and Bonnie jump to the conclusion that the DA’s call to warden on the pay phone was to get Nate’s father killed? Couldn’t he have been calling warden to make sure Nate’s father was immediately released and just didn’t want it to be traced back to him on his office phone so it didn’t look like he was doing anyone any favors?

Do the writers expect us to believe Sam and his first wife had a child and Annalise never knew about him?
Why did Nate and Bonnie jump to the conclusion that the DA’s call to warden on the pay phone was to get Nate’s father killed? Couldn’t he have been calling warden to make sure Nate’s father was immediately released and just didn’t want it to be traced back to him on his office phone so it didn’t look like he was doing anyone any favors?
I think was in the process of an adoption it wasn't completed yet which is why the Governor shows her that folder of the adoption papers.

There was a scene were Frank broke into Gabriel's apartment and went to a box that had Gabriel's birth certificate, that showed that Sam and his first wife are Gabriel's parents.

go to 8:57 timestamp

Thanks! This show is so annoyingly vague and dark, as in hard to see, sometimes.
here's something about the adoption papers and I still don't really understand what is going on with it.
https://www.vulture.com/2018/11/how-to-get-away-with-murder-recap-season-5-episode-7.html

Now that DA thing, Michaela got some information and then Nate contacted someone and they came back with a photo of the DA at a phone booth and they told Nate that the DA had contacted someone. That Nate and Bonnie think is the reason why Nate's father was killed when being released from Prison.

I think it’ll turn out that the DA, who Bonnie ultimately kills, was a good guy after all and Bonnie will have killed the one guy who loved her for who she really is. But it’ll probably take 50 more episodes lol and we won’t care anymore.

Reactions: uhpharm01
How to Get Away with Murder Renewed for Season 6!
By Steve Dove | May 10th, 2019
https://abc.go.com/shows/how-to-get...-to-get-away-with-murder-renewed-for-season-6

ABC has renewed the award-winning drama series How to Get Away with Murder for a sixth season with showrunner Pete Nowalk continuing to helm. In addition, ABC has renewed Grey's Anatomy for two additional seasons (Seasons 16 and 17) and Station 19 for a third season. Executive producer and showrunner Krista Vernoff will helm both Grey's Anatomy and Station 19, giving fans two hours of feels on Thursdays and providing a seamless crossover narrative on both series.

"Everyone at Shondaland is thrilled that our fans' commitment to TGIT continues," said Shonda Rhimes and producing partner Betsy Beers in a joint statement. "We are so proud of Krista and Pete and the work they do."

How to Get Away with Murder has been a constant in ABC's TGIT programming block since its premiere in 2014. In this Philadelphia-based drama, murder, deception, fear and guilt are the ties that bind Professor Annalise Keating (Viola Davis) to her associates and students. Over the last five seasons, How to Get Away with Murder has used thought-provoking storytelling to bring societal issues to light, such as the right to a fair trial, racial inequalities in the justice system and mental illness. The Season 5 finale of the hit series left viewers searching for answers about the fate of fan-favorite characters, and Season 6 returns this fall with explanations for those Season 5 cliffhangers.

During its fifth season, ABC's How to Get Away with Murder ranked as the No. 1 program in Thursday's 10 o'clock hour among Adults 18-34 and Women 18-34.

With a diverse cast featuring characters of different races, backgrounds and sexual orientation, How to Get Away with Murder has been praised for its on-screen inclusivity. Over the course of the last five seasons, the series has been awarded numerous accolades including an American Film Institute Award for Television Program of the Year, a GLAAD Media Award for Outstanding Drama Series and a NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Drama Series. Viola Davis has been honored with an Emmy Award, two SAG Awards, a People's Choice Award and a NAACP Image Award for her portrayal of Annalise Keating. Viola Davis' 2015 Primetime Emmy win for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series cemented her name in history as the first woman of color to win an Emmy Award in the category.

Shondaland's How to Get Away with Murder is created and executive produced by Peter Nowalk (Scandal, Grey's Anatomy). Shonda Rhimes, Betsy Beers and Stephen Cragg also serve as executive producers. The show is produced by ABC Studios.

RELATED POSTS

Reactions: SittinInCoach
How to Get Away with Murder Season 6 Will Be Its Final Season
By ABC | Jul 11th, 2019
https://abc.go.com/shows/how-to-get...to-get-away-with-murder-season-6-final-season
ABC has announced that the upcoming sixth season of How to Get Away with Murder will be its last. The series, which has been a constant in ABC's TGIT programming block since its debut on Sept. 25, 2014, will return THURSDAY, SEPT. 26 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EDT). This season follows Professor Annalise Keating's (Viola Davis) class through their final semester in law school – while the deception, fear and guilt binding Professor Keating to her students prove deadlier than ever.

During the series run, Viola Davis earned the 2015 Primetime Emmy® for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series which cemented her name in history as the first woman of color to win an Emmy Award in the category. In addition to the Emmy, Davis has been honored with two SAG Awards, a People's Choice Award and an NAACP Image Award for her portrayal of Annalise Keating.

"Viola Davis made television history with her unforgettable portrayal of iconic female antihero Annalise Keating," said Karey Burke, president, ABC Entertainment. "I am eternally grateful to her, Pete Nowalk and Shondaland for creating and bringing to life such a smart, sophisticated and groundbreaking series that has long been an integral part of Thursday nights on ABC."

Series creator Pete Nowalk says, "Deciding to end this series was a brutal decision, but ultimately the story tells you what to do – as it did here. For me, Annalise Keating's journey has always had a clear ending. Knowing I have 15 episodes left to finish her story, and the chance to give all the characters their own killer endings, is a gift rarely given to a series creator and I'm grateful to ABC and ABC Studios for the opportunity and creative freedom. I am so thankful to the brilliant cast, writers and crew for dedicating themselves to the most rewarding experience of my career over the last six years. I also want to thank our fans. The only reason this show exists is because of your loyalty and enthusiasm. I can't wait for you all to see how it ends, with twists and turns and all the craziness we love to create every Thursday night. Buckle up."

How to Get Away with Murder has been praised for its on-screen inclusivity, with storylines exploring racial dynamics, LGBTQ representation, gender inequality and sex positivity. Over the course of the last five seasons, the series has been awarded numerous accolades including an American Film Institute Award for Television Program of the Year, a GLAAD Media Award for Outstanding Drama Series and an NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Drama Series.